NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Penrith are not rorting the cap.

Look at the Roosters, those are cap Rorters supported by a billionaire who is good mates with the Bosses of the NRL.

Dont let a loss like this **** with your common sense.

Penrith are not rorting the cap.

Look at the Roosters, those are cap Rorters supported by a billionaire who is good mates with the Bosses of the NRL.

Dont let a loss like this **** with your common sense.

Yeah, it grosses me out a little to say it, but we should aspire to be like the Panthers, and when we keep stars have people say, 'Well of course they want to stay, where are they going to get a better chance to win it all?'

The expectation on the Panthers goes up another year next year. It doesn't ever seem to faze them, but now they will be gunning for five straight GF appearances and four wins. Going to be extra satisfying to bundle them out of the finals before going on to beat the Dolphins in the big one.

I'd be more inclined to believe the Panthers are doping than rorting the cap.
Their entire team is so fit its almost unbelievable.

They might be doing a Cronulla supplement regimen.

I honestly doubt it, but it has crossed my mind as they seem to have stamina that is far greater than every other team.

I'd be more inclined to believe the Panthers are doping than rorting the cap.
Their entire team is so fit its almost unbelievable.

They might be doing a Cronulla supplement regimen.

I honestly doubt it, but it has crossed my mind as they seem to have stamina that is far greater than every other team.

Broncos match them really, lets be honest. Tired bodies didn't lose the game last night.

Ivan CLeary said it in the post-game, once we got that lead, we stopped playing the way we were and that invited them back in. Penrith were on the ropes and they knew it and we let them back in and sadly, that really is where Reynolds needed to step up and didn't. Despite that, we still almost won. If they channel this, it puts us in good stead moving forward.

Ivan CLeary said it in the post-game, once we got that lead, we stopped playing the way we were and that invited them back in. Penrith were on the ropes and they knew it and we let them back in and sadly, that really is where Reynolds needed to step up and didn't. Despite that, we still almost won. If they channel this, it puts us in good stead moving forward.

Flash backs to 2006 when Berrigan was celebrating and Lockyer sternly pointed him back to his spot on the field. Siren had not sounded.

Its weird how Cleary is so dominant at club level yet DCE looks better in a rep jersey.

DCE was the same way at Nathan's age.

Turn your mind back to Game II 2014.

Or don't - let's think about Game II 2023 instead. 😅

He's had some success at Origin, but i dont think he's been dominant yet. Was DCE even a starting Origin half at 25?

He's had some success at Origin, but i dont think he's been dominant yet. Was DCE even a starting Origin half at 25?
Remember he came in and replaced Cooper Cronk and it was like oil and water.

Cleary reminds me of a young Joey Johns in this arena. Joey could play and usually had one 10/10 performance but just struggled to put it together for a series. It didn't happen for him until he was 29. (2003)

Interestingly, you could argue Joey was being out-gunned by another half who was in the twilight of his career prior to (Alfie).

So when are we going to talk about how this Penrith team are making a piss take out of the salary cap

They're not.

They are a club that's run very well and their success is a result of years and years of hard work sorting out the mess at the club and getting everything back on course.

Can the magistrate see past the matching suits, the hand holding and the show of bro love?

Probably will. Didn't hesitate to schedule the hearing for post season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Justwin
  • Gaz
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Donald Garner
  • HVbronco
  • bert_lifts
  • johnny plath
  • NSW stables
  • leish107
  • Totally Unr3al
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.