NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full match.

20 year ban is rubbish.

So I thought I had gone far enough into that video to watch this, but it turns out it was the end of the reserve grade game I had found..... which itself was a spiteful affair, have a look at about the 4hr on the recording for the last 20 minutes. One stand out moment is about 4hr 18min where two blokes are going toe to toe, no third man in rubbish to be seen and all the players gather around to watch them, even the ref just lets it go...

"I do regret it," he said.

"I made a business decision in the end. Ultimately, it proved to be the wrong decision.

"But the way I looked at it was it was an opportunity to set up not just my family, but my wider family for life, through the deal that was offered to me.

"It was a five-year deal with the sixth year in my favour. Very lucrative.

"I said 'no' a couple of times but then another year kept getting added, and it got to the point where I felt as though if I didn't take it, it's probably negligent in some way."

He won't be feeling too smug when Manly finish bottom 4 next year and all of a sudden he's the next scape goat up to the guillotine for the Manly board to hide behind.

He won't be feeling too smug when Manly finish bottom 4 next year and all of a sudden he's the next scape goat up to the guillotine for the Manly board to hide behind.
Don't think he'll care if he gets a 3 year payout for a year of work. Although Manly might've been smart enough to have performance clauses in there.

The bit I took from it was about how he wished he treated the senior players differently. I really hope for his sake he regrets not dropping darius Boyd and that’s what he meant. Not that he should have pandered to them a bit more.

^^ and the bit kimlo highlighted, that was a wtf moment too ^^

"I do regret it," he said.

"I made a business decision in the end. Ultimately, it proved to be the wrong decision.

"But the way I looked at it was it was an opportunity to set up not just my family, but my wider family for life, through the deal that was offered to me.

"It was a five-year deal with the sixth year in my favour. Very lucrative.

"I said 'no' a couple of times but then another year kept getting added, and it got to the point where I felt as though if I didn't take it, it's probably negligent in some way."

Well that basically says it all, he was here for the money and that's it, no real desire to see the club do well. I know most coaches/players go for the money but there has to be something from within that motivates you to want to do well, looks like he didn't have any of that.

The Dragons are reportedly looking at a name change to move away from the Illawarra monika. although they have no plans to move from it's Illawarra base after they secured the funds to build a $50 million Centre of Excellence there.

the members were sent a survey this week, some of the questions were:

which naming convention should the St George Illawarra Dragons use as their formal identity

St George Dragons, Southern Dragons, Greater Sydney Dragons, The Dragons or St George Illawarra Dragons.

what extend do they agree or disagree with the below statements;

– The St George and Illawarra fanbases have a lot in common

– The club’s combined histories are there to guide and inspire us

– The club must unite under a single identity to be truly successful

Well that basically says it all, he was here for the money and that's it, no real desire to see the club do well. I know most coaches/players go for the money but there has to be something from within that motivates you to want to do well, looks like he didn't have any of that.

Wayne got into his head and never left. He couldnt deal with Bennett's legacy and it was a big part of his downfall imo.

It also points to just how inept the board were at that point, that was my wtf moment regarding that.

I wish we went after some players as hard as we went after Seifraud

By "going hard", you mean throwing huge money and long term deals, I'll think you'll find that, no, we should not have done the Jack Bird deals any more than we already did.

By "going hard", you mean throwing huge money and long term deals, I'll think you'll find that, no, we should not have done the Jack Bird deals any more than we already did.
Oh God no! I just meant actually trying :happy:

So I thought I had gone far enough into that video to watch this, but it turns out it was the end of the reserve grade game I had found..... which itself was a spiteful affair, have a look at about the 4hr on the recording for the last 20 minutes. One stand out moment is about 4hr 18min where two blokes are going toe to toe, no third man in rubbish to be seen and all the players gather around to watch them, even the ref just lets it go...

Nah ,,, one bloke does step in and dog shot the Blue #8 near the end . Who fcking well deserved it . He nearly took the red props head off with a swinging arm . Then wanted to fight . Fck wit IMO .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• marw
  • Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.