NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch Hunt kick all the toys out of the cot now
Lomax and the kids will be happy but

Here we go for those who want a more in depth video, they actually include examples of what is not a hip drop.

While the video itself is terrible and sounds like an awful video you'd see on A Current Affair (is that still a thing?), it is actually pretty clear. Would have preferred though that in the last one they would have said that any player diving like the player here did (NAS), they will be the ones getting a suspension.

So three motions, but they show Carrigans from last year and there's literally no twist motion, he just grabs and falls. Both Ezra and Haas from this year didn't twist either. Ezra swung around due to momentum and Haas made a side on tackle and the bloke fell weirdly. They're still just guessing and I bet every tackle where a player lands on legs will be penalized.

So three motions, but they show Carrigans from last year and there's literally no twist motion, he just grabs and falls. Both Ezra and Haas from this year didn't twist either. Ezra swung around due to momentum and Haas made a side on tackle and the bloke fell weirdly. They're still just guessing and I bet every tackle where a player lands on legs will be penalized.

Yep.

There isn't a clarification between the active effort to rotate your body and a defender being swung unintentionally.

They basically ignore the 2nd part of what constitutes a hip drop if the player lands on them.

That as it stands is not fair for the defender because they can't actually do anything about it other than let go which is insane.

There isn't a clarification between the active effort to rotate your body and a defender being swung unintentionally.

They basically ignore the 2nd part of what constitutes a hip drop if the player lands on them.

That as it stands is not fair for the defender because they can't actually do anything about it other than let go which is insane.
It’s a rule made by people who have never tackled a bloke that’s bigger than them running at pace. They literally do not understand the game

Nah they're easing off on the crackdown now... Pat got binned for no reason, there was uproar from everyone and then hip drops in later games didnt get sin binned.

The crackdown is done and now it will be discretionary bullshit where some are binned and others are let go... pending game scenario and "entertainment factors"

Wasn't Josh Reynolds falsely accused and it turned out his ex was a massive con-artist? Unless there's some other incident, I'm struggling to see the connection.

My point was more around people getting branded as being passionate when they have next to no self control, it's not passion it's a lack of self control.

I had no idea of anything he had to do regarding domestic abuse.

Carrigan also doesn't land on the legs of Hasting.

so in that particular tackle that earned a 4 week suspension, 2 of the 3 hip drop tackle elements were not there

With news of Bellamy going around again next year he's got the media sucking him off again and feels confident enough to have another whinge about the salary cap rorting and their deleted premierships:

"“The treatment we copped as a club and as individuals was to me, really unfair but it was what it was,” Bellamy said."

**** you, you absolute piece of shit. Your club was literally running two sets of books for years to systematically rort the cap and assemble an almost unbeatable roster of superstars in key positions. "Unfair"? What about every other club trying to play on a level playing field? How fucking dare you mention fairness you cuntwallop!!!

This is why Melbourne should be every other club's most hated. This is why it burns the **** out of me that we are the Storm's bitches and have been ever since that shitstain of a club rorted the **** out of the cap. Zero remorse, even over a decade later, from anyone involved. A complete and utter disregard for the rest of the competition, or the fans. It's all about them. **** I wish the NRL would treat them the way we get treated, they'd fold within the decade. Plastic club propped up by dubious techniques right the way through the club from top to bottom. Rotten to the fucking core.

When the three elements of a hip drop tackle was explained by.. I think Annersley?.. recently, I thought that how on earth was the Haas tackle qualifying then? It was a tackler swung around by momentum and the runner falling awkwardly.

Nah they're easing off on the crackdown now... Pat got binned for no reason, there was uproar from everyone and then hip drops in later games didnt get sin binned.

The crackdown is done and now it will be discretionary bullshit where some are binned and others are let go... pending game scenario and "entertainment factors"
once again the outrage comes AFTER it affects our result

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • LGH
  • cento
  • Alec
  • sooticus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncos4life
  • Fatboy
  • Aldo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.