NRL Injury Discussion - 2017

Bernard Sutton demoted and Chris Butler (assistant ref) dropped. No action against Checchin.

As if it wasn't obvious he was Archer's favourite.

Bernard Sutton demoted and Chris Butler (assistant ref) dropped. No action against Checchin.

As if it wasn't obvious he was Archer's favourite.

how the **** does the main ref, whose decision it was, survive yet the assistant ref gets drop

how the **** does the main ref, whose decision it was, survive yet the assistant ref gets drop

Archer's reasoning is hilarious. You've got to read it. Something along the lines of Checchin is the lead ref and is therefore following the ball, so can't be held accountable. Haha

Also, Sutton is now not the head video ref is being trained by...Luke Patten. Haha

Archer's reasoning is hilarious. You've got to read it. Something along the lines of Checchin is the lead ref and is therefore following the ball, so can't be held accountable. Haha

Also, Sutton is now not the head video ref is being trained by...Luke Patten. Haha

FFS ... the ball carrier is the one who nearly had his head taken off. if he actually said that he needs to be FIRED right this second and never be allowed to have anythink to do with referees ever again.

p.s. got a link ... i need a laugh after the morning i'm having

FFS ... the ball carrier is the one who nearly had his head taken off. if he actually said that he needs to be FIRED right this second and never be allowed to have anythink to do with referees ever again.

p.s. got a link ... i need a laugh after the morning i'm having

Slater didn't have the ball.

In fact this video shows that Chechin appears to be looking STRAIGHT AT IT. Furthermore, he had a BETTER line of site than the headsetted pocket ref.

But let's not let facts get in the way of Archer's story.

Hindmarsh says that wasn't late.

Soliola had more than enough time to pull out. He didn't actually start coming in for the hit until after Slater had passed the ball and Kaufusi caught it. That's when he clenched his fist and came in with the swinging arm.

I would hate to see what a send off offence is if that isn't one.

That was a bad look for the game, and you know one of the worst things about Soliola only getting 5 weeks? His return game will be against the Storm. That incident will be replayed in the lead up, in the pre-game and it will be shown again and again and it will just give the game a bad look again.. I can't help but feel the publicity that will create for that game was a factor in Soliola only getting 5 weeks.

Hindmarsh says that wasn't late.

Soliola had more than enough time to pull out. He didn't actually start coming in for the hit until after Slater had passed the ball and Kaufusi caught it. That's when he clenched his fist and came in with the swinging arm.

I would hate to see what a send off offence is if that isn't one.

That was a bad look for the game, and you know one of the worst things about Soliola only getting 5 weeks? His return game will be against the Storm. That incident will be replayed in the lead up, in the pre-game and it will be shown again and again and it will just give the game a bad look again.. I can't help but feel the publicity that will create for that game was a factor in Soliola only getting 5 weeks.

Yeah coincidence much. I hate to think it but surely this wasn't in the back of their minds. But as you say, you can see it now with all the build up etc etc for this game. If the NRL had any integrity at all, it wouldn't even be mentioned in their advertising, though you can count on the Sydney journos haming it up in the papers.

Cecchin was going to send him off but got talked out of it because the bunker told him Slater was slipping and they recommended just a report. Apparently the "process" which archer bangs on about is that the ref takes the advice from the bunker on foul play which is fucking backwards for a start. It was that late that Cecchin was following the play after it. It was James' job to call it. Not sure why the hate for Cecchin on that particular play.

The NRL finally got something right with demotion of officials and punishment. 5 weeks was about right and the offending officials were dealt with. Next step is for Greenberg to grow some balls and move on from Archer. I think the crop of referees aren't too bad they are just being led by an imbecile.

Get advanced robots as refs ASAP. Then we can enjoy some quality football, maybe even a Broncos win or two, before we have to fight these robots for humanities survival.

Get advanced robots as refs ASAP. Then we can enjoy some quality football, maybe even a Broncos win or two, before we have to fight these robots for humanities survival.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Dash
  • Fitzy
  • Culhwch
  • Strop
  • Fozz
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.