NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what makes you think Cronk can and Smith can't?

Cronk has always struck me as a thinking man who hasn't been blessed with natural skills like Slater, he relies on his footy smarts to do the job. Cronk doesn't have the freakish bend like Thurston or Taylor, the strength or airplane passes of Johns or the amazing leadership of Lockyer. He plays smart using his brain as his weapon.

Cronk also had to wait for his chance at the big time as he was behind Lockyer at representative level and I think he was stuck behind Orford at the Storm and had to wait for him to go to Manly till he got a crack (iirc). This time in his career could help him if he became a coach.

Last edited:
Cronk has always struck me as a thinking man who hasn't been blessed with natural skills like Slater, he relies on his footy smarts to do the job. Cronk doesn't have the freakish bend like Thurston or Taylor, the strength or airplane passes of Johns or the amazing leadership of Lockyer. He plays smart using his brain as his weapon.

Cronk also had to wait for his chance at the big time as he was behind Lockyer at representative level and I think he was stuck behind Orford at the Storm and had to wait for him to go to Manly till he got a crack (iirc). This time in his career could help him if he became a coach.
Which of Cronk's qualities you mention, don't apply to Cam Smith?

Just saw the Cronk presser. Anyone else get the feeling he's doing this because the missus gave him a major dressing down?

Just saw the Cronk presser. Anyone else get the feeling he's doing this because the missus gave him a major dressing down?
Yeah, did seem like it was an ultimatum decision.

Luke Brooks reportedly re-signed with Tigers for two more years.

That's a shame, Brooks is a good half.

Imagine if Cronk goes to the Dogs and Reynolds is released and we sign him up...I just spewed in my mouth!

The missus must be fearsome. Imagine telling Bellamy.

Most likely sent a telegram mid game to Bellamy so it was all rolled up into one performance

Most likely sent a telegram mid game to Bellamy so it was all rolled up into one performance

FMD i thought i was old and behind the times but who sends telegrams

FMD i thought i was old and behind the times but who sends telegrams

Cooper Cronk does when he has to break news to the psycho known as Craig Bellamy

They got Brooks for $550k a year.. That's pretty reasonable actually.

If he has a partner, I'll bet $10 that she'll be driving around a "demo" Holden over the next few years. We have an ex-staff member that bought what turned out to be Aaron Woods' partner's car, including all of their phone contacts list (some fun names in there), when he, I mean she, got upgraded to a new HSV. It only ever had one owner according to the log books - the dealer.

If he has a partner, I'll bet $10 that she'll be driving around a "demo" Holden over the next few years. We have an ex-staff member that bought what turned out to be Aaron Woods' partner's car, including all of their phone contacts list (some fun names in there), when he, I mean she, got upgraded to a new HSV. It only ever had one owner according to the log books - the dealer.

Luke Brooks: "Hey teddy do you wanna go deep sea fishing this weekend?"

James Tedesco: "But you don't own a boat.."

Luke Brooks: :dealwithit:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Hurrijo
  • lynx000
  • BroncoFan94
  • TimWhatley
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Morkel
  • rj9
  • BruiserMk1
  • bert_lifts
  • Rookie Alan
  • Dash
  • Cavalo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Alec
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.