NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cooper Cronk leaving Melbourne after the 2017 season and heading to Sydney.

In other news Melbourne will no longer be successful now Cronk is leaving

He'll retire.

Well, Storm will be premiers this year.

Man I would love Cronk for a year or two. An absolute professional, his value on and off the field would be enormous.
Come to QLD Cronk!

In other news Melbourne will no longer be successful now Cronk is leaving
they'll be fine until Smith goes, they're well and truly fucked then imo.

What's the bet Tigers **** off Brooks and sign Cronk?

TAB has bulldogs as favourites for Cronk ... which will mean either Mbye or Reynolds will be on the market

How about Cronk just ***** off and retires. It's plain obvious he's after a media career anyway.

How about Cronk just ***** off and retires. It's plain obvious he's after a media career anyway.

If he follows a career in the media it will be wasted. Although he'd do a fantastic job. He speaks well and his analysis on FoxLeague is first class he really should be a coach. In fact, all those Melbourne guys like Smith & Slater would make great coaches.

I'd say he's 50/50 on continuing....he's dangling a line out to see who'll offer him the most and decide if it's worth it imo. Bunnies, Dogs and Tigers to throw absolutely everything at him. Knights to offer him $20 and a couple of pingers.

This is exactly the fairy tale the NRL wanted when they came out with the slogan "History doesn't just happen, history is made.. Together". Well I guess the Storm have just made history happen, again.

I'd say he's 50/50 on continuing....he's dangling a line out to see who'll offer him the most and decide if it's worth it imo. Bunnies, Dogs and Tigers to throw absolutely everything at him. Knights to offer him $20 and a couple of pingers.

if the Knights were prepared to throw a big contract at a rookie with half a dozen games under his belt ... surely they would give a world class half anything he wants

if the Knights were prepared to throw a big contract at a rookie with half a dozen games under his belt ... surely they would give a world class half anything he wants
Yes.......$20 and a couple of pingers, Joey Johns quality.

Honestly though, I think they'd be mad not to try and sign him. The influence he could have on that squad would be amazing.

If he follows a career in the media it will be wasted. Although he'd do a fantastic job. He speaks well and his analysis on FoxLeague is first class he really should be a coach. In fact, all those Melbourne guys like Smith & Slater would make great coaches.
Slater could teach kung fu.

Cronk could possibly make it as a coach, Smith and Slater probably not.

Smith couldn't? I'd say he's probably the most likely to succeed.

just because Smith demonstrates great anticipation, skills and vision as a player doesn't mean he can teach it to inferior players, he plays with such a clear head this happens instinctively. This is why great players don't make it as coaches, no one can teach instinct. Same with Slater you can't teach those natural skills he has.

just because Smith demonstrates great anticipation, skills and vision as a player doesn't mean he can teach it to inferior players, he plays with such a clear head this happens instinctively. This is why great players don't make it as coaches, no one can teach instinct. Same with Slater you can't teach those natural skills he has.

But what makes you think Cronk can and Smith can't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• dirtyharry
  • GCBRONCO
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Tim K
  • Lurker
  • broncos4life
  • broncs30
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Clintos
  • FACTHUNT
  • Browny
  • Financeguy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fozz
  • johnny plath
  • Foordy
  • Allo
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.