NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont get why they want chambers. Manu and Mitchell are stars in the making. Apart from tedesco I dont know who there is on massive money. Guerra is being paid some ridiculous amount of money for his output. Shouldnt even be in first grade. He is good as gone apparently.

Dunno how the Roosters do it, they're the masters. They're just constantly filtering in and out different All-Stars until they find the ones that work for them.

If all reports are correct, they'll be adding Tedesco & Chambers, whilst losing Guerra, Evans & Kenny-Dowall.

Potentially they could have a healthy 17 next year along these lines -

1. Tedesco
2. Tupou
3. Chambers
4. Ferguson
5. Gordon
6. Keary
7. Pearce
8. Waerea-Hargreaves
9. Friend (c)
10. Napa
11. Cordner
12. Aubusson
13. Taukeiaho

14. Matterson
15. Liu
16. Tetevano
17. Watson

Depth: Mitchell, Manu, Carter, Knight, Collins, Butcher, Vunakece.

Their depths in the forwards may be tested through Origin, but apart from that I'd be absolutely shocked if they didn't start the season as odds on favourites.

I dont get why they want chambers. Manu and Mitchell are stars in the making. Apart from tedesco I dont know who there is on massive money

Because the Roosters don't have juniors, and therefore work on a mercenary-type system where they buy players to win titles, fall to shit and come back a few years later with another gun team. They have done a bit to fix the bad seasons and are becoming more consistent, but theur recruitment strategy (ie buy everyone) is still happening.

Pearce, Friend, Cordner, JWH, Gordon, Fergo. Besides, it doesn't matter what they should be on ...

Jeez you would think Melbourne wouldn't have let Chambers walk unless the roosters offer blew them off the park. They are ones that would be able to match decent offers from other clubs at the moment

It looks like Bellemy seems to prefer to spend the big dollars on quality spine players (9,6 or 7,1) and then look for bargains elsewhere. They offered a packet for Milf, yet have let plenty of their quality forwards and outside backs just go.

Gagai has told the Bunnies he's signing with them according to Weidler.

You'd imagine they'll probably play him at Fullback next year and move GI to the centres to try and prolong his career, probably a backline like this -

1. Gagai
2. Johnston
3. Inglis
4. Hunt
5. Gray
6. Walker
7. Reynolds

Gagai has told the Bunnies he's signing with them according to Weidler.

You'd imagine they'll probably play him at Fullback next year and move GI to the centres to try and prolong his career, probably a backline like this -

1. Gagai
2. Johnston
3. Inglis
4. Hunt
5. Gray
6. Walker
7. Reynolds

But Johnston was doing so good at fullback :porthozthinksthisishot:

But Johnston was doing so good at fullback :porthozthinksthisishot:

Apparently the Dragons then want Johnson at fullback if Dugan takes the cash somewhere else. :notsureifserious:

Apparently the Dragons then want Johnson at fullback if Dugan takes the cash somewhere else. :notsureifserious:
Didn't Cronulla offer him a shitload and a centre spot?

So why is Gagai happy to leave Newcastle now but wasn't last year when we came calling?

So why is Gagai happy to leave Newcastle now but wasn't last year when we came calling?

I hate to sound like one of those " I know a bloke" blokes, but my friend went to school with him and told me back when the Broncos offered him a deal to come back to Brisbane that a major factor in Dane turning it down was because his younger brother was playing for the Knights at the time and he didn't want to leave him down there by himself. Now that Jacob is playing for Burleigh (as far as I know) Dane is more inclined to move clubs I suppose.

Knights can't take a trick. Feel a bit sorry for them after the mess they were left in. He is going to retire Id say but I would like Cronk to give a year or two to them if it is not going to affect his living plans. Win win situation for him. Think they are on the up and there is still not a lot of expectation on them so it probably won't affect his legacy if they were to hover towards the bottom. And if they get close to the 8 or make the 8 he will be given glowing praise. Not to mention a cool 1.mill a season. Alot more than he could get sitting next to flogs like Blocker and Gasnier on a couch

Honestly, as much as it sucks for the Knights, I can see why they decided not to break the bank to keep him.

He would've been asking for Fullback money, and they just signed Ponga for a trillion dollars to play Fullback, not worth overpaying a Centre when you're trying desperately to re-build your roster from the ground up. Kudos to them for being restrained. Now they need to make use of that money and actually sign some decent forwards and halves.

Packer to Tigers for 4 years confirmed

Moses screaming for a release to the eels at the moment. Trying every trick in the book to get to the eels immediately. If I'm Cleary, I tell Parra to either stump up with some serious compensation for releasing him early to you or put him in reserve grade for the rest of the year to teach him to not act like a spoilt brat. He gets paid good money to play football, just because your not there next years doesn't mean you can just clock off immediately. Its unprofessional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • BroncosAlways
  • Skathen
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Jazza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Fatboy
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.