NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NRL just needs to fold the club and look at bringing another club it, a club that fans will actually get excited about.

Like say...Perth? Don't worry the NRL is on their way in while the iron is hot...in about 5 years time.

**** Gold Coast. They are the real cancer here.

They have been since day one. They were under Searle and they still are under Annesley. The game would be better off without them. The NRL just needs to fold the club and look at bringing another club it, a club that fans will actually get excited about.

It's just a matter of time until they go under, all of the players need to get out now.
I agree, hayne wasn't a shitheel before he went to the Titans, no sir, a model citizen with impeccable work ethic.

I suppose the issue would be that the Titans have moulded their entire coaching staff around hiring guys that Hayne knows / has worked with / won't clash with.

Pretty dog shit move for him to just bail after the club did that.

Except that's not what they actually did. They brought in Brennan for Taylor.

As for the other coaching staff that were hired, Brennan knew those guys for years. When he was in line for the Newcastle job, he told those guys he was going to hire them. That didn't pan out but he always said once he got a job as a head coach, they were going to be some of the first people he hired.

He brought in two people that were going to get the job regardless.

Apparently Tony Archer is stepping down, with Sutton taking his place.

All these player musical chairs and rumours you gotta wonder who the hell are the broncos getting

Jarryd Hayne has denied asking for a release and so has the club.

Sounds like a beat up.

What's most likely happened.

Reporter: Hayne, would you love to play for the Eels again?
Hayne: Yeah one day if I'm able I would love to play for them again.

Report: Hayne asks for a release from the Titans.

If he does leave, good on him. That club is a rabble and doesn't deserve to exist anymore. Everyone should get out now while they still have some value.
I'm not a fan of Hayne AT ALL, but one thing I like that he does is calls the media out when they make shit up. If more players did this the media would talk a lot less absolute made up crap (eg rothfield)

I'm not a fan of Hayne AT ALL, but one thing I like that he does is calls the media out when they make shit up. If more players did this the media would talk a lot less absolute made up crap (eg rothfield)

Hayne lies about this stuff though. I remember when The Mole (Tony Adams) reported that Jarryd Hayne had been told he had made the cut for the 49ers final squad and Hayne denied because he wasn't supposed to be telling people.

Whatever you think of Rothfield (he can be very painful) there is no denying he has great contacts from working at the DT so long.

Whatever you think of Rothfield (he can be very painful) there is no denying he has great contacts from working at the DT so long.
He doesn't have great contacts at all! Haha... he is wrong 99% of the time. That is no exaggeration. Player managers play him and he gets the odd story right about the sharks. That's it..

Hayne lies about this stuff though. I remember when The Mole (Tony Adams) reported that Jarryd Hayne had been told he had made the cut for the 49ers final squad and Hayne denied because he wasn't supposed to be telling people.
You just answered why he did that though... he has called them out for their bullshit plenty of times. This may yet be true, but it it will be the 1/100 telegraph reporters get if it is

CRONULLA and Kangaroos half James Maloney and unsettled Penrith skipper Matt Moylan are on the verge of a shock $6 million player swap for next season.
The moves will have a massive impact on the player transfer market with Gold Coast Titans star Jarryd Hayne seeking a return to Parramatta, Mitchell Pearce ready to quit the Sydney Roosters following Cooper Cronk’s signing and Manly five-eighth Blake Green still looking to take up a three-year deal with the New Zealand Warriors.
There are still several contract and salary cap issues to be resolved before the Moylan and Maloney deals can be finalised but insiders hope an announcement can be made as early as Monday.
02cf1366e65e54e4d01d37b2cc9ce7dc

James Maloney is set to join the Panthers. Picture: Zak Simmonds
The Daily Telegraph understands Moylan could link with the Sharks on a four-year, $3.6 million deal, while Maloney would make Penrith his sixth NRL club in a three-year, $2.5 million move.
On Friday night, Maloney, 31, will play halfback for Australia in their World Cup match against France at Canberra Stadium.
But he looks like making the foot of the Blue Mountains home once the tournament ends as Penrith look to secure something in return for the loss of local junior Moylan.
The 26-year-old, who is contracted until the end of 2020, has been unhappy at the Panthers for the past six months after struggling to get along with coach Anthony Griffin.
17bed77fd8cf64923286696ccae656ab

Matt Moylan hasn’t been happy at the Panthers and is set to join the Sharks. Picture: Zak Simmonds
Penrith officials have denied a rift exists between player and coach but Moylan was stood down from the Panthers’ finals campaign to deal with personal issues amid talk he was unhappy.
It’s believed he wants to play in the halves next season at Cronulla.
Penrith were believed to be asking for a transfer fee of around $250,000 for rival clubs to sign Moylan, but they could now waive that if they were to sign Maloney.
The NSW State of Origin five-eighth is seeking a pay increase from his existing Sharks deal, which has another year to run.
A key factor in Moylan’s decision would be to play alongside Cronulla star Andrew Fifita. Moylan and Fifita have been close mates since their childhood in Sydney’s west.
Just last week, The Daily Telegraph was given assurances Moylan would be staying at the Panthers, with both parties happy to move on together. That landscape appears to have changed.
Even in September, Penrith officials only rated Moylan a “50/50” chance of remaining at the club for 2018.
Moylan’s manager, Allan Gainey, was not returning calls on Thursday.
Former player agent Wayne Beavis still manages Sharks coach Shane Flanagan and Panthers general manager of football Phil Gould.
Cronulla’s tentative interest in Pearce could now wane should the club secure Moylan, which would leave Manly as his first-choice club should he quit the Roosters.
Originally published as Clubs in Maloney, Moylan swap deal

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...l/news-story/568ab1f6b9a20fddcb43faf14cfa6fc7

Roosters - Keary, Cronk
Sea Eagles - Pearce, Cherry-Evans
Sharks - Moylan, Townsend
Panthers - Maloney, Cleary
Warriors - Green, Johnson

All those halves pairings make logistical sense, just a matter of whether or not the salaries work. You've gotta feel that the Sharks definitely get the ass end of the overall trade-off though, not a fan of Moylan @ 6 and not a fan of Townsend in general.

He doesn't have great contacts at all! Haha... he is wrong 99% of the time. That is no exaggeration. Player managers play him and he gets the odd story right about the sharks. That's it..

Do you know what the word exaggeration means?

I fucking despise Rothfield. But I would bet my net wealth on him being correct more than 1 time out of 100.

Hayne reportedly told friends that he is wants to go back to the Eels and will take a significant pay cut to do so.

What he doesn't tell those same friends it that he won't have to take a pay cut at all as NRL rules will ensure he gets his full 1.2 million. and the Titans will be forced to pay the gap between the contracts if they release him

And this is a real problem

Why on earth should the player's salary be protected when it's the player asking for the release? It's a disgrace!

The rule is of course there to protect a player when a club gives them the flick, and that's fair enough, but if the player wants to leave, they have no genuine right to have their contract guaranteed

Imagine me leaving my job next week to work somewhere else, and I say to my current employer "I'm off next year but they are paying me less so you're going to top me up till me contract expires"

What a joke

I'm no fan of the Titans, and less Hayne (I've been calling him over rated and over paid for years - well before his NFL dream) but it's just plain wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Spooky1013
  • Strop
  • Midean
  • Wolfie
  • RodF
  • Allo
  • ezpz
  • The Don
  • KnToad
  • winslow_wong
  • Redux
  • Brotherdu
  • Volvo Driver
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • simplythebest
  • Justwin
  • Gray
... and 35 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.