NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure you didn't see the same sarcastic comment on Facebook that I saw about them signing him?

It's a load of rubbish, he will never come back to league, and he would be a mental case to do it. He has a Black jersey, there would be no other jersey you want in the football world more.
No not from Facebook.

Well look, if you are going to blatantly cheat the cap, do it properly, am I right?

From another forum and I think it absolutely nails it.....

I think the Roosters are really pushing the limits here, on two fronts.

Firstly, they're really pushing the limit on exactly how fucking soulless their fans can be. If you have the third best club halfback in the comp, who's 28 and played at the club for ten years as a one club-player, won a premiership and multiple minor premierships ... and you shaft him for a half who is admittedly marginally better but is 33 and was contemplating retirement, that's fucking cold as ice. They've really doubled down on their identity as the short-termist club looking to buy whoever might improve their roster on paper by fucking 2%. I think fans who might like to think the club is about more than that might be fucking pissed off with that sort of shit. They've always been more like that any other club, but they've basically gone #FullAI on this front.

Secondly, their really pushing the boundaries in terms of people thinking the salary cap actually fucking works. If you've got a halfback earning $800,000 per year playing off the fucking bench, then there should be some serious problems with the rest of your squad. You shouldn't be able to sign three marquee halves without having massive holes in your roster if the cap works as designed. I've always dismissed the "lol Roosters are over the cap" talk as conspiracy theories from armchair accountants who support rival clubs, but nah **** it. If the salary cap works the Roosters should have a fucking shit squad having over-invested in halves. If both Keary and Pearce stay and they make the top eight anyway (which they will, for certain), then it's time to just abolish the fucking cap altogether. At least everything would be fair and above board then.

Pretty much. Except we know their fans are as soulless as the club. They’d happily knife their own for a short term perceived 2%.

10 bucks says that if Pearce leaves, he’ll sign a 4 year deal elsewhere, play pretty shit, and then when Cronk retires Pearce will be released back to the Roosters with the proxy club paying half his wage for those remaining 2 years.

10 bucks says that if Pearce leaves, he’ll sign a 4 year deal elsewhere, play pretty shit, and then when Cronk retires Pearce will be released back to the Roosters with the proxy club paying half his wage for those remaining 2 years.

Milford can hook him up with all the KFC he wants, should be incentive enough.

...they're really pushing the limit on exactly how fucking soulless their fans can be. If you have the third best club halfback in the comp, who's 28 and played at the club for ten years as a one club-player, won a premiership and multiple minor premierships ... and you shaft him for a half who is admittedly marginally better but is 33 and was contemplating retirement, that's fucking cold as ice.

jon-hamm-7.gif

Christian Hazard signing for Newcastle from Redcliffe. Good player.

Roosters - Keary, Cronk
Sea Eagles - Pearce, Cherry-Evans
Sharks - Moylan, Townsend
Panthers - Maloney, Cleary
Warriors - Green, Johnson

All those halves pairings make logistical sense, just a matter of whether or not the salaries work. You've gotta feel that the Sharks definitely get the ass end of the overall trade-off though, not a fan of Moylan @ 6 and not a fan of Townsend in general.
I think the sharks have got the better deal, Moylan is young and if can be injury free and reach his potential he'll be a lot better than Maloney. Chad Townsend has been great since leaving the warriors?!!!!

Moylan to Sharks is official but Maloney to Panthers hasn't been finalized yet. Watch them lose Edrick Lee or something and keep Moylan and Maloney.

Maloney should be good mentor for Cleary.

Seems like griffin has lost the locker room

Mitchell Pearce has asked the Rorters for a release.

And Manly have released Green. The puzzle is falling into place, by the looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Browny
  • Jedhead
  • BroncsNBundy
  • RolledOates
  • phoenix
  • Foordy
  • NSW stables
  • sooticus
  • Mr Fourex
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncorob
  • HarryAllan7
  • Strop
  • Rowdy124
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.