NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pearce officially granted release to join Manly.

Well now they have enough cap space to sign SBW.

Manly is going to have a deadly attack next season, especially if Tommy Turbo stays healthy and keeps improving at a steady rate.

Manly is going to have a deadly attack next season, especially if Tommy Turbo stays healthy and keeps improving at a steady rate.

They have two of the biggest origin flops in the halves though :D

DISGRUNTLED Sydney Roosters halfback Mitchell Pearce has officially asked the club for a release from his contract — and the club has granted it
Pearce returned home from the United States last week and informed coach Trent Robinson of his decision over lunch.
The Roosters on Monday afternoon confirmed that Pearce had been granted a release from the remaining two years of his contract.
“Obviously, this hasn’t been an easy decision for me to come to, but I feel that it’s the right one,” Pearce said.
TRANSFER CENTRE: Keep up with all the NRL signing news
“I’ve been with the Roosters since I was 17 and have grown into a man here. I’ve made a lot of close friends at the club, and I’ve always been proud to wear the Roosters jersey.
“The Roosters club and people there will always mean a lot to me, but I’m looking forward to the opportunity and challenge joining a new club will bring, while continuing to push myself to be the best halfback I can be. Now that I’ve made this decision, hopefully I’ll have the rest of my future sorted over the next few weeks.”
a33bf97ac49c750f3b542eb819b5809b

Mitchell Pearce has been granted a release from the Roosters.
The disappointment of having to play behind Kangaroos halfback Cooper Cronk is the sole reason for his decision to end a decade-long career at the Bondi club.
The Cronulla Sharks, Manly Sea Eagles and Newcastle Knights are the front-runners to sign the Blues State of Origin halfback, while there has also been interest from Melbourne Storm and Brisbane Broncos.
Manly appear set to make a big play for Pearce, having on Monday released five-eighth Blake Green from the final year of his contract.
New Manly CEO Lyall Gorman said the news of Green being released after it emerged Pearce wanted out of the Roosters was “purely coincidental’’.
“I can assure you there have been no discussions with Mitch,’’ Gorman said.
0ac95f06245f33dbbffc8e27f0672cdf

Five clubs are interested in signing Mitchell Pearce. Picture: Brett Costello
“It’s purely coincidental the announcements have come out in the last 10 minutes.
“Blake had a long-term opportunity at another club, and we weren’t sure where we’d go with him after 2018, it’s not to set a precedent, but in this case we were happy to support Blake and help him secure the long-term security for his family.
“We’ve very conscious of the protocols of the game, but if a talented footballer comes on to the market, it’s incumbent upon us to listen on behalf of our members and fans and corporate partners.
“We’d certainly listen.’’
Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan was unaware Pearce had requested a release until contacted by The Daily Telegraph and said: “From our perspective, nothing has changed. It will be ‘heads-down bum up’, and we’ll be continuing with our pre-season.’’
fc2ea6616b965531d06aff5007095286

Mitchell Pearce could join NSW teammate Josh Dugan at Cronulla.
Sharks players have been in contact with Pearce about a move to the Shire, with Pearce a chance to join NSW teammates Josh Dugan and Matt Moylan in a summer move to the club.
Former Balmain great Steve Roach was one of the first to publicly declare his good friend was entitled to be upset about the Cronk signing, and was hardly shocked about the release request.
“I would have done the same thing,’’ Roach said.
“They could play together, but he’s been the halfback there for a decade, and it’s virtually saying ‘you can’t do the job’, so you’re better off going somewhere they think you can.’’
Pearce has played 238 games for the Roosters since making his NRL debut as a teenager in 2007, and helped the club win the 2013 premiership.
“We all love Pearcey – he has developed very strong relationships with a number of people at the club and we have been through a lot together,” Roosters chairman Nick Politis said.
“While it would have been great to see him continue to add to his legacy at the Roosters, we respect his decision.
“Mitchell will always be a Rooster, and he leaves with our sincerest thanks and very best wishes.”

The Broncos are sniffing around if you can believe the DT.

Pearce at Manly, so much to hate in the one place.

So will Green end up at the Warrior's ?

Melb vs Roosters and Roosters vs Manly are going to be 2 very interesting match-ups next season

Makes no sense for him to sign with Manly. He'd have to play second fiddle there much the same as at the roosters, but he's a lot less likely to win a premiership with Manly next season as with the Roosters

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k=400652c3f1d8926983df6ea23f5b9d25-1511169962

JARRYD Hayne has already agreed to join Parramatta for the 2018 season but is stalling on telling Gold Coast, according to the Daily Telegraph.
The Telegraph claims Hayne has shaken hands with the Eels and will request a release from the Titans next month.
But he hasn’t yet informed his current club of the switch because he can still claim contract payments until he officially requests the release.
Hayne will earn $90,000 for each of November and December — totalling $180,000 of salary — before he even returns to pre-season training on the glitter strip.
He’s currently preoccupied representing Fiji at the World Cup and will take a holiday following the tournament.
Parramatta has continually refused to comment on the Hayne speculation, while the man himself has publicly denied he will leave Gold Coast.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k=400652c3f1d8926983df6ea23f5b9d25-1511169962

JARRYD Hayne has already agreed to join Parramatta for the 2018 season but is stalling on telling Gold Coast, according to the Daily Telegraph.
The Telegraph claims Hayne has shaken hands with the Eels and will request a release from the Titans next month.
But he hasn’t yet informed his current club of the switch because he can still claim contract payments until he officially requests the release.
Hayne will earn $90,000 for each of November and December — totalling $180,000 of salary — before he even returns to pre-season training on the glitter strip.
He’s currently preoccupied representing Fiji at the World Cup and will take a holiday following the tournament.
Parramatta has continually refused to comment on the Hayne speculation, while the man himself has publicly denied he will leave Gold Coast.

He is such a dog.

The Broncos are sniffing around if you can believe the DT.
It's so that people can use it as an example of why Brisbane are over the cap eg "they even tried to sign Pearce, they're over the cap for sure!"....

Surely the Eels have to lose a few then? Same with Manly. Replacing Blake Green with Mitchell Pearce can't be all they do.

So, Stayne has agreed to join Parramatta in 2018, but hasn't even asked for a release the Tits don't have to grant...

If this is true, and that is a big if considering sports journalism's level in Australia, I hope the Titans do to him what the Raiders did to Milf, or even better, what Wayne did to Hodgo when he signed with the grubs.

Surely the Eels have to lose a few then? Same with Manly. Replacing Blake Green with Mitchell Pearce can't be all they do.

Yep, Parra got done for cap infringements a couple of years back, now they're signing blokes left right and centre despite having a healthy squad? It doesn't make sense.

No way would I pay any of Haynes money for 2018. If he wants to go then forfeit the lot or stay. Time the Tits grew a set. Bury that **** in reserve grade and end his career.

It's one season, and arguably a rebuilding season anyway. They need to find the permanent partner for Taylor, who will play fullback, and they then need to start looking at filling out their roster post-2018. Most importantly, they need to start finding some players to build a culture around. Hayne is not in their plans beyond this year anyway, and by letting him pull the strings it just makes them look weaker and weaker. Make him see out his contract, even if it is reserve grade. If he tries to start a mutiny with the other players on the training paddock (I'm looking at you, Ash), let him train exclusively with his reserve grade club. Worst case, pay him out his full contract, cut him loose, but make sure he's not allowed to sign with another NRL club until November 2018.

Corey Norman will probably head to the Coast in exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TonyTheJugoslav
  • FACTHUNT
  • thenry
  • Jason Simmons
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.