NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly hope if the Titans can confirm that Hayne is negotiating for next year at the Eels that they take legal action and squeeze them both for every cent they can get.

Absolutely disgusting and underhand behavior.

That being said, I'd be surprised if this rumour is true given Arthur has already said he's not interested.

I'd rather Hayne **** off to France or Japan and play yawnion so we can end this never-ending saga. I'm sick of the unwarranted media circus over this lazy over hyped ****.

I certainly hope if the Titans can confirm that Hayne is negotiating for next year at the Eels that they take legal action and squeeze them both for every cent they can get.

Absolutely disgusting and underhand behavior.

That being said, I'd be surprised if this rumour is true given Arthur has already said he's not interested.

I'd rather Hayne **** off to France or Japan and play yawnion so we can end this never-ending saga. I'm sick of the unwarranted media circus over this lazy over hyped ****.
This is the best post I have read on the subject thus far, especially that last paragraph. I am tired of this guy sticking his chest out thinking that he is bigger than the game itself. Especially someone whose best playing days are long behind him.

My source is my own recollection of every scenario in the past of players changing clubs mid-contract.

Granted, it's no Special Burger Sauce.

My source is my own recollection of every scenario in the past of players changing clubs mid-contract.

Granted, it's no Special Burger Sauce.
I have checked into your claims and you are spot on. So your sauce is obviously one of those fancy mayonnaises that go on the burgers in one of those trendy restaurants in Circular Quay. Source/Sauce doesn't get any better than that.

Unless the contract is torn up due to breach (disciplinary reasons normally), the player has a contract registered with the NRL, and that's binding. It's done to protect players, so that if they are shoved out the door, their contract $$ are guaranteed. So even if the Titans "release" Hayne from his contract, and another team is not willing to foot the full bill, the Titans have to make up the difference.

Eg, Hayne is on what, $1.2 million? If the Eels only want to pay him minimum (eg, $100k), the Titans have to pay him the remaining $1.1 million. Of course that would be stupid of the Titans, and there would be clubs willing to offer more. So the Titans have some power even in this case - as in, they can release him if he signs with a club that wants to foot half the bill, but they can refuse to release him if clubs only want to pay a minimal amount.
Ok. But its being reported that Hayne is waiting until the new year to tell the Titans he wants out, instead of telling them now he wants a release. And in doing so gets to collect another two months salary.

That's the part I don't get. If he's guaranteed his money regardless, then why the cloak and daggers about not telling them in order to get an extra two months salary? Just tell them now and they have to pay him anyway.

Ok. But its being reported that Hayne is waiting until the new year to tell the Titans he wants out, instead of telling them now he wants a release. And in doing so gets to collect another two months salary.

That's the part I don't get. If he's guaranteed his money regardless, then why the cloak and daggers about not telling them in order to get an extra two months salary? Just tell them now and they have to pay him anyway.

means his new club will have to pay less

No way would I pay any of Haynes money for 2018. If he wants to go then forfeit the lot or stay. Time the Tits grew a set. Bury that **** in reserve grade and end his career.
Simply liking this post doesn’t do it justice - well said sir!

It does say that if he requested and was granted an immediate release he would forfeit the money.
That's because the media like to make Hayne sound like he's not a greedy mercenary...

But they are full of shit..

The NRL don't allow players with Haynes price tag to move clubs and take pay cuts. It is to protect the "integrity" of the salary cap, also to stop clubs moving on players who are contracted

The NRL don't allow players with Haynes price tag to move clubs and take pay cuts. It is to protect the "integrity" of the salary cap, also to stop clubs moving on players who are contracted

Unless it’s the Roosters who can sign whoever they want for whatever they want to say they are paying.

Surely the Warriors have to release someone now that they've signed Green right? He wouldn't be cheap, and they've already signed a dozen other players..

Might be our chance to try and scoop someone like Albert Vete from them, who we've been rumoured to have interest in for a while.

Surely the Warriors have to release someone now that they've signed Green right? He wouldn't be cheap, and they've already signed a dozen other players..

Might be our chance to try and scoop someone like Albert Vete from them, who we've been rumoured to have interest in for a while.

Matulino, Lillyman and Hoffman have all departed though. All three were likely on good money for recent seasons.

Matulino, Lillyman and Hoffman have all departed though. All three were likely on good money for recent seasons.

Matulino, Lillyman, Hoffman, Gubb, Thompson, Vatuvei, Lolohea & Foran.. I guess when you look at it like that, they have lost a lot of decent players.

They've still added Green, Blair, Beale, Hiku, Harris, Pulu, Paasi.. Some pretty high profile players there.

How's their 17 looking for next season?

1. Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Hiku
3. Beale
4. Kata
5. Fusitu'a
6. Green
7. Johnson
8. Pulu
9. Luke
10. Blair
11. Harris
12. Afoa
13. Mannering

14. Hingano
15. Paasi
16. Gavet
17. Vete

Watch them still find a way to miss the 8..

Matulino, Lillyman, Hoffman, Gubb, Thompson, Vatuvei, Lolohea & Foran.. I guess when you look at it like that, they have lost a lot of decent players.

They've still added Green, Blair, Beale, Hiku, Harris, Pulu, Paasi.. Some pretty high profile players there.

How's their 17 looking for next season?

1. Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Hiku
3. Beale
4. Kata
5. Fusitu'a
6. Green
7. Johnson
8. Pulu
9. Luke
10. Blair
11. Harris
12. Afoa
13. Mannering

14. Hingano
15. Paasi
16. Gavet
17. Vete

Watch them still find a way to miss the 8..

IMO that Warriors team looks mediocre. Especially the forward pack.

IMO that Warriors team looks mediocre. Especially the forward pack.

The pack is certainly not as exciting as we’ve seen in the past, but it’s a much smarter group of footballers. Whether they get Warrior’d and all develop pea hearts is the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • Bish
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • Emanon
  • The Don
  • bazza
  • vertigo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bert_lifts
  • Spoon
  • pennywisealfie
  • Financeguy
  • The Strapper
  • simplythebest
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.