NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The longer he waits the more the Titans would have paid him already. This reduces the amount the Eels need to fork out to match the guaranteed $1million+ contract, and reduces the amount of leverage the Titans have in negotiations.
The titans have all the leverage. pay his full price, or you don't get him. it's not like the Titans are actively looking to offload Hayne to free up cap space.

This "wait a few months to screw the Titans out of more cash" story doesn't wash because the two clubs have to come to a settlement anyway. What the Tits lose now, they should pick up later in the deal (if they're half decent negotiators).

If Hayne wants out, and his new club can only afford $500k, and Hayne is happy to play for that, what right does the NRL have to stand in his way?

Hayne has a contract with the Titans, and as long as he plays for the Titans, the Titans must pay him his contracted value

As soon as the Hayne decides to leave the Titans, anything in the Hayne/Titans contract becomes invalid and unenforceable

That is contract law 101 and I refuse to believe any professional organisation could operate outside of that

Then I remembered this is the NRL, and professionalism isn't likely

If Hayne wants out, and his new club can only afford $500k, and Hayne is happy to play for that, what right does the NRL have to stand in his way?

Hayne has a contract with the Titans, and as long as he plays for the Titans, the Titans must pay him his contracted value

As soon as the Hayne decides to leave the Titans, anything in the Hayne/Titans contract becomes invalid and unenforceable

That is contract law 101 and I refuse to believe any professional organisation could operate outside of that

Then I remembered this is the NRL, and professionalism isn't likely

really all depends on the terms of the licencing agreement that the NRL holds with the clubs.

In a bid to protect the "integrity" of the salary cap, the NRL could have added this requirement to the licencing agreements, that once signed by the clubs, means that they would have no choice but to abide by it.

and for once i can see where the NRL are coming from here. because I don't think any clubs should be allowed to sign a $1million a season player for minimum wage (regardless of what the player agrees to)

for example, and lets take Hayne out of the equation, because i think he is majorly over-rated and overpaid anyway. but lets say for whatever reason, Thurston decides he wants to finish his career on the Gold Coast and receives a release from the Cowboys. should the Gold Coast then be able to pick him up for 100k getting a massive advantage over every other club in the league?

like everything the NRL does i think it is poorly executed, the rules i would have in place for mid contract releases are:

• If a club forces a player out, then they are responsible for any shortfall between their contract and the contract the player has with their new club
  • If the player asks for a release then their current club is not responsible for any part of the players contract with their new club, however the new club is unable to sign him for less than X% of their current contract (lets say 75%)
Those rules should protect both the players and the "integrity" of the salary cap

really all depends on the terms of the licencing agreement that the NRL holds with the clubs.

In a bid to protect the "integrity" of the salary cap, the NRL could have added this requirement to the licencing agreements, that once signed by the clubs, means that they would have no choice but to abide by it.

and for once i can see where the NRL are coming from here. because I don't think any clubs should be allowed to sign a $1million a season player for minimum wage (regardless of what the player agrees to)

for example, and lets take Hayne out of the equation, because i think he is majorly over-rated and overpaid anyway. but lets say for whatever reason, Thurston decides he wants to finish his career on the Gold Coast and receives a release from the Cowboys. should the Gold Coast then be able to pick him up for 100k getting a massive advantage over every other club in the league?

like everything the NRL does i think it is poorly executed, the rules i would have in place for mid contract releases are:

• If a club forces a player out, then they are responsible for any shortfall between their contract and the contract the player has with their new club
  • If the player asks for a release then their current club is not responsible for any part of the players contract with their new club, however the new club is unable to sign him for less than X% of their current contract (lets say 75%)
Those rules should protect both the players and the "integrity" of the salary cap

I think that is pretty much already the rules.

Very true. I just can't see how the Titans should be forced to pay when it's Hayne who is breaking the contract. It just doesn't make any sense.

Maybe he plans on signing a smaller contract with the Eels and figured an extra 180k would be nice.

That is exactly what he is doing.

How does a contract signed in December start in November as far as pay goes?

Easy, the contracts are paid in monthly installments, if you sign a contract in December you get 2 months pay ( Nov and Dec ) on 31 December.

I think that is pretty much already the rules.

the first one is ... but the second one is not ... currently even if the player asks for a release their current club still needs to make up any shortfall between the contract values and that shortfall is carried on their cap until the end of their original contract.

no obviously the NRL wouldn't allow a Hayne to sign for the Eels for 100k, i just exaggerated that figure to make a point.

the first one is ... but the second one is not ... currently even if the player asks for a release their current club still needs to make up any shortfall between the contract values and that shortfall is carried on their cap until the end of their original contract.

no obviously the NRL wouldn't allow a Hayne to sign for the Eels for 100k, i just exaggerated that figure to make a point.

However, if the team were the Roosters, nothing wrong with that sort of deal at all.

Once again, not to be a dick, but that I will believe when I see something official from the NRL.

Once again, not to be a dick, but that I will believe when I see something official from the NRL.

you don't need something official from the NRL, just look at the evidence

Barba asked for a release paid by us
Kennedy asked for a release paid by us
Blair asked for a release paid by Tigers
Sims asked for a release paid by Knights

i could go on ... however, if you are waiting for the NRL to reveal their own BS rule, you'll be waiting a while, even they aren't that stupid

you don't need something official from the NRL, just look at the evidence

Barba asked for a release paid by us
Kennedy asked for a release paid by us
Blair asked for a release paid by Tigers
Sims asked for a release paid by Knights

i could go on ... however, if you are waiting for the NRL to reveal their own BS rule, you'll be waiting a while, even they aren't that stupid

All of those examples are where a club didn't want the player anymore and gained a benefit with a bit of cap relief, not examples of a player asking for a release and the club being forced to pay an amount they didn't agree to.

All of those examples are where a club didn't want the player anymore and gained a benefit with a bit of cap relief, not examples of a player asking for a release and the club being forced to pay an amount they didn't agree to.
I'm with you on this one. I'm pretty sure Barba was told if he could find a deal elsewhere to take it up. That's why the Broncos had to make up the shortfall. They sort of forced him out.

A lot different to Hayne just telling the Titans he doesn't want to be there anymore. And they have to pay him regardless.

Leilani Latu to the Titans for 3 years, good signing by them.

Hayne has asked the Tits for a release. Off to the Eels.

Jayne is such a fucking dog

Not surprised, Hayne went to the Titans for a quick easy cash grab. Watch as the Titans chase another of our players.

....and the Titians will have to fork out for some of his contract. **** that's shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• porouian
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Spooky1013
  • Bongo
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • NSW stables
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.