NRL Player Movements and Rumours 2015

All in all, let's just all be glad we're off the last page in this thread and no longer have to see that grotesque picture anymore!

Chris Houston ---> Widnes

Manly are still trying to make room for Dylan Walker in 2016. Peta Hiku, Jamie Buhrer, Josh Starling and Brenton Lawrence are being shopped around. However, Lawrence's manager, Gavin Orr stated that Lawrence will be seeing out his contract for Manly.

Interesting moves so far from Nathan Brown at Newcastle. He's transitioned Todd Lowrie into the NYC coach and he's moved Houston on. It appears he's going to give his young squad time in the NRL and isn't willing to stick with experienced players for the sake of doing so.

Could be exactly what they need at Newcastle, short term pain for long term gain. Problem is that will take time and if the results aren't there, coaches often don't get to stick around.

Shame they couldn't do the same thing at the Tigers.

What's Buhrer done wrong?

Tim Lafai to the Dragons and Chris McQueen to the Titans

McQueen signing with the Titans makes sense. The Rabbitohs need to secure funds to sign Burgess, while the Titans are desperate for forwards. Ideally, McQueen is the type of signing you announce in tandem with others, but beggers can't be choosers.

I'm confused about the Dragons signing Lafai. I thought they were after a fullback, to relieve Dugan and allow him to move to the centres. Lafai's signing flies in the face of that and provides them with depth they don't require with Aitken & Mann at the club. From what I understand, Lafai is supposed to be replacing Dylan Farrell who is contemplating retirement because of his back. Even so, my understanding was that Farrell would provide the Dragons cover on the wings, Lafai is a natural centre.

It's a shame because clubs like Parramatta, Wests or the Gold Coast could have really benefited from that signing. Instead we've got one club stockpiling on talent, wasting the balance of the competition.

McQueen signing with the Titans makes sense. The Rabbitohs need to secure funds to sign Burgess, while the Titans are desperate for forwards. Ideally, McQueen is the type of signing you announce in tandem with others, but beggers can't be choosers.

I'm confused about the Dragons signing Lafai. I thought they were after a fullback, to relieve Dugan and allow him to move to the centres. Lafai's signing flies in the face of that and provides them with depth they don't require with Aitken & Mann at the club. From what I understand, Lafai is supposed to be replacing Dylan Farrell who is contemplating retirement because of his back. Even so, my understanding was that Farrell would provide the Dragons cover on the wings, Lafai is a natural centre.

It's a shame because clubs like Parramatta, Wests or the Gold Coast could have really benefited from that signing. Instead we've got one club stockpiling on talent, wasting the balance of the competition.

I think the go is playing Mann at Fullback, Lafai & Dugan in the centres, Aitken in NSW cup, at least to start off with. I agree though, I would've just gone with the 3 they had and let Lafai go somewhere that actually needed him.

I don't rate Aitken at all so I do see the reasoning behind the signing.

Aitken is too good for NSW Cup.

This was a guy who should have been playing NSW Cup/Under 20s this season, yet found himself in first grade due to Nielsen's indiscretions and never looked out of place. He handled himself extremely well defensively and was really good at making ground from dummy half.

He's only going to get better.

5 years ago I would have laughed myself silly. I think he has redeemed himself somewhat. So I'll just chuckle slightly under my breath.

He's still the same shit bag he used to be, he's just marginally more mature and better at hiding it on TV now :P For reference I don't hate him, I find him entertaining, but still... I'm sure that's some form of karma coming back to get him.

Bennett likes him doesn't he..... oh god please spend our money on Roberts.

Bennett likes him doesn't he..... oh god please spend our money on Roberts.
If he's happy to sign a reserve grade contract, I'd happily take him. He still has something to offer. Would be great as injury cover and around origin time.

If he's happy to sign a reserve grade contract, I'd happily take him. He still has something to offer. Would be great as injury cover and around origin time.

Completely agree. I never thought I'd be ok with Willie Mason being a Bronco but there you go.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Morkel
  • mrtij
  • BroncosAlways
  • Tim K
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • cento
  • Broncojim
  • Astro
  • Manlyman
  • broncs30
  • Redux
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.