NRL Player Movements & Rumours - 2022

Sproj

International Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Threads
If you think it's all a scamdemic then I don't think you consider those things.

That’s not the case with him though I think, it’s religious based isn’t it?

Wolfie

International Rep
Jan 14, 2015
Threads
Eels losing Oregon Kafusi now to Cronulla on a 1.2 million, 3 year deal. I thought he was a massivley improved player in 2021 for the Eels. Thats quite a loss for them imo.

Sproj

International Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Threads
Eels losing Oregon Kafusi now to Cronulla on a 1.2 million, 3 year deal. I thought he was a massivley improved player in 2021 for the Eels. Thats quite a loss for them imo.

So...how much must they be paying Gutherson, Moses and Brown!!??

Wolfie

International Rep
Jan 14, 2015
Threads
So...how much must they be paying Gutherson, Moses and Brown!!??

I reckon Paulo is the one they have spent big on. Heard the Dolphins offered him $950k a year so you think with the living in Sydney tax the Eels could well have overspent by a lot. I can see them struggling to hold onto Dylan Brown as well.

Xzei

NRL Player
Mar 13, 2017
Threads
I reckon Paulo is the one they have spent big on. Heard the Dolphins offered him $950k a year so you think with the living in Sydney tax the Eels could well have overspent by a lot. I can see them struggling to hold onto Dylan Brown as well.
Didnt the eels r&r team have a rule not to spend over 800k on any player or something?

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Threads
Dylan Brown is shit so no loss. Maybe he could make a career in the centres but he's no half.

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
Threads
$400k a year feels over priced
Yeah...dime a dozen middle forward trundler who should be easily replaced...what's more interesting is the ease in which players are constantly leaving parra...makes me think the current group realises a premiership is not going to happen so may as well try somewhere else.

Foordy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
Tim Simona is looking to make a comeback to the NRL. he's been out of the game for 5 years after being caught betting on matches

Morkel

International Captain
Jan 25, 2013
Threads
Tim Simona is looking to make a comeback to the NRL. he's been out of the game for 5 years after being caught betting on matches

If I remember correctly, betting on either the opposing team to win, or his opposite number to cross the line. One of those players where you'd say "if they weren't playing football they'd be a career criminal" and he's grabbed both careers with both hands.

BroncsFan

State of Origin Captain
Jul 28, 2016
Threads
If I remember correctly, betting on either the opposing team to win, or his opposite number to cross the line. One of those players where you'd say "if they weren't playing football they'd be a career criminal" and he's grabbed both careers with both hands.
Why Dont We Have Both GIF

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
Threads
Also auctioned off his jerseys and other gear for "charity" but pocketed the money.

Foordy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
The Knights are looking to hire Ponga's father, Andre, as a paid consultant with their NRLW team, in a bid to keep Kayln at the club long term. although Knights CEO Phil Gardner claims that's not the reason and he would “sue the arse off” any critics who accuse the Knights of acting illegally or unethically regarding the club’s salary cap.

Phil Gardner says:

“The pennies we are talking about won’t make any difference. We’re talking about the second highest paid player in the game. And we’re talking about something that might happen for $1.50. I think it’s meaningless in what decisions they will make,” Gardner said.

“For anyone to make those sorts of comments would be pretty stupid. They’d be pretty dumb comments for someone to make.

“What we are looking at … he wants to do something long-term but that’s up to the salary cap auditor. So what will happen, if we prove where we sit and can get a team running, he might be offered a position.

“If he is (to be employed), then it goes to the salary cap auditor and the salary cap auditor would decide whether it would be in or out of the cap. That’s the way it works.

“Because of his son, Andre becomes a conflict for us so it has to be approved by the salary cap auditor. That is why it is 100 per cent above board and right. We are doing everything right and any assumption or comment to the negative, I would sue their arse off.”

Andre has been working with the women’s side in a honorary capacity.

“Out of the goodness of his heart, Andre has come along and helped,” Gardner said.

“He had some girls stay at his own home. He has been talking to parents. We are trying to provide them with welfare and support. Andre’s position isn’t a paid position – he has done it all for love.

“He (Andre) has provided welfare and support, not coaching. We have had some huge welfare challenges. He understands the game and understands the role of a parent in rugby league. He has been fantastic for us.

“Currently he (Andre) has no contract and isn’t employed by the club at all. He is helping with the Polynesian girls.”

tommy

State of Origin Captain
Jun 5, 2015
Threads
what are the odds he’s coaching the mens team in 5 years? I love this guy, he should be a tv personality on the footy shows as well.

Latest posts

Who should be captain?

• Herbie Farnworth

• Kotoni Staggs

• Jake Turpin

• Patrick Carrigan

• Payne Haas

• Adam Reynolds

• Billy Walters

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OlivaBraze

Members online

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.