NRL Players and family members in hot water

It all comes down to who shared it. If he did so, throw the book at him but you have to prove it.
As much as we might draw conclusions based on past events or perceived character, Napa (or anyone else) is entitled to a presumption of innocence until he is proven guilty.
It would be all too easy for a rival or foe to set a honey trap and destroy a player's career.
We are talking young men after all with access to money, drugs, alchohol and groupies. To expect them to make sound decisions after exposure to a couple of those things is pushing against the tide.
What needs to happen is not to try and fix it "after the horse has bolted" as in this case, but to take a far more holistic view of the factors that led to this.
Education at a young age as mentioned earlier is a good start. Limiting young players exposure to alchohol and drugs to more controlled enviroments would also help. Finally, when senior players err, the punishment should be Swift and brutal, regardless of their standing (Napa included).
These things can only happen if everyone, from the NRL players down to junior clubs and players buys into it and also are allowed their input.
Going to a junior rugby league game and seeing drunk parents and suppoters yelling abuse at officials and players is the start of a very slippary slope that leads us to this. It informs those young players of everything that is wrong with the game but is often tolerated for the revenue the alchohol brings. We should not be surprised young men (who were once young boys) fail to comprehend the implications.

I'm all for punishment that fits the crime but I'm deadset against giving different punishments for the same crime(misdemeanors etc).

Everyone treated exactly the same and I don't give a single care about role model status, bringing a game or institution into disrepute UNLESS the organization is 'the law'. By that I mean police, barristers, judges, politicians( law givers) etc who should be held to a higher standard. Everyone else, treated without bias.

If your child looks up to some sportsmen/women and that person fails and stumbles your child has to deal with that, has to learn or understand that their hero is human. That's reality and a good thing. If your child thinks that they should emulate that poor behaviour then that's an education failure and the role model is not responsible. My view about role models is not the popular view and I know it's not shared by most. I think their significance is over rated and most grown ups don't have them or at least see the ones they have as human and full of the same failings and weaknesses we commonly see in society.

Rant over ha ha.

So what punishment should Napa receive? Serious question... what exactly has he done wrong?

So what punishment should Napa receive? Serious question... what exactly has he done wrong?

Napa and the person filming need to serve a suspension for bringing the game into disrepute for mine. They have negatively affected the image of the sport by choosing to risk having this video leak, and put the NRL in the headlines for the wrong reasons.

I am happy to go along with you on that but it’s only part of the long term solution. It needs a more complex approach.
Teaching boys to think about the kind of man they want to be and why they will have happier and more fulfilled lives if they achieve that and the pressures and distractions they can expect to have to overcome should start in primary school. Mentors should be part of all boys lives. More men should feel comfortable teaching at the primary level. Discipline should be consistent throughout childhood and strategies for dealing with issues should be taught.
NRL clubs sign kids pretty young these days. Many of these kids go to school and big note themselves and the attitude of entitlement begins. The clubs should be intensively educating and demanding high standards from these boys before the really big problems begin.
The game as a whole should be spending some of its enormous revenue in local junior clubs helping kids who don’t have the talent to make the NRL as well.
Severely punish those who offend now if you want but the way to guarantee the problem will be much reduced in decades to come is to change the way we raise and teach boys today.

Absolutely it should be. The NRL are absolute experts in wasting money that could be directed to grass roots footy. I would like to see better education funding from the NRL. Too many of these guys sacrifice a decent education to go off and play football.

The NRL have a lot of work to do, which they probably won't do, but the players need to take responsibility for their actions, but the players need to be held accountable, and right now, I don't think we are strict enough in kicking out the bad eggs.

Almost five years on from the 'bubbler' incident which led to his sacking from the Sharks, Todd Carney has outed a former teammate who he claims used to perform the act in front of 'everyone at the club'.
Carney was speaking to the NRL vodcast 'Bloke in a Bar' about his tumultuous career when he opened up about the 2014 photograph that leaked onto social media showing the Dally M medallist urinating into his own mouth.
The former NSW Blues five-eighth said the 'bubbler' became part of celebrations after NRL victories, led by then teammate Bryce Gibbs.
"Bryce Gibbs won't mind me saying it, he used to do it in front of everyone in Cronulla at the club after a wins," Carney said.

"He'd just be standing there...like...that's where we all learnt it from.
"Everyone knows what Gibbo is like and we always used to get a laugh from it."
Carney also claimed that former Sharks boss Steve Noyce was among the club officials to witness Gibbs do the 'bubbler' and says he did not balk at it before the publicly circulated photo of Carney stole headlines and ultimately led to his exile from the NRL.
"It was strange that Steve Noyce terminates me [sic] contract and sits there and laughs when Gibbsy does it after a win," Carney said.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-to...ebration/429c01be-6714-49c0-8fd9-f3cef5c2eee5

Wasn't his original excuse that he didn't do it it was an optical illusion.

I'm all for punishment that fits the crime but I'm deadset against giving different punishments for the same crime(misdemeanors etc).

Everyone treated exactly the same and I don't give a single care about role model status, bringing a game or institution into disrepute UNLESS the organization is 'the law'. By that I mean police, barristers, judges, politicians( law givers) etc who should be held to a higher standard. Everyone else, treated without bias.

If your child looks up to some sportsmen/women and that person fails and stumbles your child has to deal with that, has to learn or understand that their hero is human. That's reality and a good thing. If your child thinks that they should emulate that poor behaviour then that's an education failure and the role model is not responsible. My view about role models is not the popular view and I know it's not shared by most. I think their significance is over rated and most grown ups don't have them or at least see the ones they have as human and full of the same failings and weaknesses we commonly see in society.

Rant over ha ha.
Bang on.

Who thinks that’s funny, ever, in the history of anything? It’s simply disgusting.

Because he should have been sacked well before that?
Yeah if he was gonna get sacked it should have been for the actual illegal and dangerous shit. Not something harmless like the bubbler.

Guys, please don't speculate about which player are allegedly using illegal drugs without providing a link to an official reputable source

Active Now

• davidp
  • Broncorob
  • Lostboy
  • BroncosMan
  • GCBRONCO
  • Old Mate
  • Mr Fourex
  • barker
  • ivanhungryjak
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Fitzy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Broncos Maestro
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • mystico
  • Bucking Beads
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.