NRL Players and family members in hot water

With the way the industry has plummeted to click bait, you'd think it's a TAFE course nowadays.

I think you are still giving too much credit, it is more likely they got a far North Korean degree from some random institute in Switzerland for $1.95.

I honestly struggle to wrap my head around how someone really went off and spent four years at Uni studying journalism, incurred probably $30-40K in tuition costs and busted their ass and no doubt made some massive sacrifices to get good grades, to then spend your career hiding out in your car photographing football players eating lunch in a park, or letting the public know that Phil Gould has had his hair cut and that he also uses the services of Australia Post.

There is no way Buzz did any of that sort of training.

It's minor, and its for a good reason but rules are rules and they both need fining.
I had my hair cut on the same day. No camera men anywhere and that barber was all over me.

I actually posted a comment below that article and was the first to post a comment.

Along the lines of no social distancing while getting my haircut and had a crack at the CM breaking the big news etc etc

There were 25 likes within a few minutes and then comments were disabled for the article.

That Bird Boyd article is some of the shittiest "journalism" I've ever seen and the bar was never high for NRL reporting to begin with.

Up there with snapping photos of Greenberg while he was at home on the day he got sacked with some creppy ass zoomed in shot.

I kind of wish my hairdresser did that, she’s hot.

I wish the bird up the road who cuts my hair would re-open. This is getting out of control and I'm way too lazy scared to go to the shopping centre to get it done.

Last edited:
That Bird Boyd article is some of the shittiest "journalism" I've ever seen and the bar was never high for NRL reporting to begin with.

Up there with snapping photos of Greenberg while he was at home on the day he got sacked with some creppy ass zoomed in shot.
Yeah the Greenberg photos were just disgraceful.

'Man consumes beer in privacy of his own home the day he loses his job' - Honestly, and journos wonder why society things so lowly of them as a profession these days.

Yeah the Greenberg photos were just disgraceful.

'Man consumes beer in privacy of his own home the day he loses his job' - Honestly, and journos wonder why society things so lowly of them as a profession these days.

What a scandal! Imagine if he was drinking an almond chai latte, he would have been seen as a victim, instead of a relic of a bygone era (that isn’t bygone at all, the idiots still run the ship).

What a scandal! Imagine if he was drinking an almond chai latte, he would have been seen as a victim, instead of a relic of a bygone era (that isn’t bygone at all, the idiots still run the ship).
No, they'd have just used that or even a glass of wine to show he was 'out of touch' with the greater working class Rugby League community. No beverage can save you when a newspaper company wants to stick the boot in to you.

Paul Gallen on the Sunday Footy Show
“I think the 20,000 fine was on the mark. Rugby league players are held to a higher standard than the rest of society, I can understand that,” Gallen said.

“The rest of society get a $1000 fine for breaching these protocols, the players got that fine and then another $20,000 fine. So they are held 20,000 times more above the law than everybody else. How much more accountable do they need to be?”

Uhmmm........obviously maths isn't Paul's strongest point. 🙃

Last edited:
Paul Gallen on the Sunday Footy Show

Uhmmm........obviously maths isn't Paul's strongest point. 🙃
This honestly shouldn't have come as a shock to anyone.

Perhaps when you've lost more games than anyone else you don't like counting very much.

Last edited:
James Roberts back into rehab for the third time in his career.

James Roberts back into rehab for the third time in his career.

At least it's not alcohol related this time apparently. He is one troubled individual and I'm not sure any amount of people supporting the bloke is going to help him in the end.

At least it's not alcohol related this time apparently. He is one troubled individual and I'm not sure any amount of people supporting the bloke is going to help him in the end.
He's the NRL Flash Gordon.

"Personal demons" - is that the same thing as Boyd had, probably depression and aggression issues. Rough spot. A lot of these guys that have been raised in the aboriginal communities suffered from very bad sexual and physical abuse as kids, also exposed to drugs and alcohol from a very young age. It is good that he's got access to mental health professionals when so many other indigenous australians are stuck in the abuse/poverty cycle.

Last edited:
Being in lockdown and away from the structure and support of the team environment was probably the trigger.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • GCBRONCO
  • Manlyman
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • Bish
  • Bucking Beads
  • Pablo
  • Harry Sack
  • Justwin
  • Maroon4life
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • RolledOates
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Midean
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.