NRL Players and family members in hot water

Entitled to your opinion so fair enough, but I don't personally think he's a bottom tier human, there's plenty of worse dickheads. He's a dickhead that needs a lot of care, hopefully he gets it because it's better he rehabs than goes completely off the rails and becomes a burden on society.

I didn’t say he was on his own in the shit bloke category, he has plenty of mates with him, they just aren’t relevant to the discussion currently but don’t worry I will get to them.

I didn’t say he was on his own in the shit bloke category, he has plenty of mates with him, they just aren’t relevant to the discussion currently but don’t worry I will get to them.
Haha fair enough

I think old Wayne has done as much as anyone to help Roberts tbf. He has probably given him more backing and stability than anyone, but its still not enough. I think Roberts is probably has a lot more issues than just alcohol ( which it looks like has no bearing on this incident ) and probably has a lot more issues than anyone knows about from his past. I have this gut feeling its all going to end in tragedy sadly for Roberts.

Not sure why people have digs at Wayne really when it comes to helping players. I think some of his recent coaching is fair game to have a pop at him for, but he generally always gets the backing from his players because he generally looks after them and puts himself out for them. He played a decent part in the rehabilitation of Matt Lodge for example.
Agreed. I am far from a Wayne fan, but I don't think this is something he should be blamed for. He has always looked really well after his players, but Roberts is a headcase with mental demons that require help well beyond Bennett's expertise IMO...

Anyone else see mat Rogers getting interviewed by Danny "the weed" weidler on channel 9?

Best summation of the vaccination situation I have heard. The absurdity of the anti-vaxxers is crazy, literally insanity. He also perfectly sums up the obligations of the NRL players. They are employees, full stop. This isn't a pro-choice scenario, every employee has stipulations to their employment, if they don't meet them or want to follow them it means they are not employed.

Anyone else see mat Rogers getting interviewed by Danny "the weed" weidler on channel 9?

Best summation of the vaccination situation I have heard. The absurdity of the anti-vaxxers is crazy, literally insanity. He also perfectly sums up the obligations of the NRL players. They are employees, full stop. This isn't a pro-choice scenario, every employee has stipulations to their employment, if they don't meet them or want to follow them it means they are not employed.

RE: Roberts/Bennett this is what Wayne said when he signed the Jet last year.

“I will fix James,” Bennett told

“I don’t hope, I know he will get back to his best. There’s no doubt in my mind.

“The one thing James needs is trust. He trusts me. And I trust him.

“The way to get the best football out of James is by trusting him. Simple as that. You trust him. He will perform.”

“James didn’t ring me, I reached out to him,” Bennett said.

“When I saw what was happening to him at the Broncos and I realise he was done. He had checked out. So I made the move on Monday and said let’s get him.”

Source: Fox Sports May 29 2019

Just about everyone would be happy to see a legendary coach like Wayne work with a troubled player, but if you're going to make a promise and fall short you've got to expect it to come back and bite you.

Wayne could have chased a number of players, instead he went after the Jet and so far his form has been extremely disappointing. If the shoe was on the other foot, the Broncos would be copping it deluxe.

With that said, I'm glad Roberts has reached out and I hope he can come out of this a stronger person. It doesn't make me feel better to see him struggling and I'm still grateful for his time with the club. His try against the Cowboys is one of my favourite Broncos moments, period.

Just about everyone would be happy to see a legendary coach like Wayne work with a troubled player, but if you're going to make a promise and fall short you've got to expect it to come back and bite you.

Wayne could have chased a number of players, instead he went after the Jet and so far his form has been extremely disappointing. If the shoe was on the other foot, the Broncos would be copping it deluxe.

With that said, I'm glad Roberts has reached out and I hope he can come out of this a stronger person. It doesn't make me feel better to see him struggling and I'm still grateful for his time with the club. His try against the Cowboys is one of my favourite Broncos moments, period.
Have been a recent detractor of Jimmy's, not without reason mind you. Read this today, made me feel for the bloke. Bennett was always in over his head with this one, Jimmy needs help that Bennett is not qualified to give.

His try against the Cowboys is one of my favourite Broncos moments, period.
Roosters one is mine.

Last edited:

These are the quotes and the backhanded, sly digs at the Broncos that I was referring to in one of my earlier posts.

I remember thinking at the time that they looked like bitter, cheap shots from someone with an axe to grind and looking for any chance to do so.

TBF, it was probably one of those occasions where he was speaking to his player(s) through the media. It's what Roberts needed to hear. If Wayne showed even a hint of doubt, Jimmy would have likely faltered immediately.

TBF, it was probably one of those occasions where he was speaking to his player(s) through the media. It's what Roberts needed to hear. If Wayne showed even a hint of doubt, Jimmy would have likely faltered immediately.

Bennett didn't have to position the Broncos as the problem, the moment he did that, he invited the comparison and so far the Roberts signing has coincided with a 46% winning percentage, with Roberts' defensive lapses being a major contributor.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • Lostboy
  • Astro
  • davidp
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • dasherhalo
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
  • Midean
  • Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • Old Mate
  • Broncorob
  • lynx000
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.