NRL Players and family members in hot water

Buzz is a moron
FB IMG 1591614675347

Dank was questionable before he went to the Sharks. Cronulla as a club, nor the players did due diligence by consulting independent advice. I’d argue that the AFL clubs copped a lot worse punishment compared to the NRL equivalent.
Yes but that doesn't address my points in any way. That's much more like a deflection or misdirection. The notion that over a hundred people knowingly colluded ( the links and similarities to Essendon can't be ignored ) and kept secret a plot to defraud their respective sports is a key point.

That will be a hard case for him to win given he plead guilty
I didn't think they did "plead" guilty, I thought it was they didn't contest the charges & accepted the punishment without any admission. Could be wrong tho

On a side note, I hear Gallen is suing regarding this. Who, I’m not sure. It’ll be interesting how that progresses in relation to the comment above about tarnishing their brand.

He was suing Cronulla and has been paid out an ( as yet ) unknown amount.

Good to know that he didn’t really care about clearing his name, it was just about making some extra cash. Sounds about right.
Not sure you're on the money here Soupy. Weidlers column says had Gallen actually used a legal channel to deal with the matter he would have received a great deal more so perhaps it wasn't about money? Another thing was Gallen did in fact challenge the legality of the proposed Dank regime and asked for and received advice from the club. He also did in fact check the ASADA website for further clarification. After receiving the all clear from the club he agreed to the programme. That casts a new light on Gallen"s alleged cheating and the role of Cronulla's management, people who I believe were unprofessional and the true villains in the whole affair.

It wouldn't surprise either if many of his team mates asked him for advice and after he received the poorly researched go ahead then reassured team mates he'd checked things out and it was all okay. That to me is much more plausible than the notion a hundred or more people all colluded.

Yeah, I’m not saying they all colluded. That would be crazy. I get what you are saying though. Cronulla should hang their heads in shame, risking the health and jobs of those they are supposed to protect. Disgraceful.
Yep, totally agree. I've always thought that the players are an easy target. I think a great deal of the outrage should rightly be aimed at the poor management. The club let the players down and a much more rigorous and stringent standard should have been expected. I believe ASADA and the NRL truly believed the players were misled and punished them with that in mind. Time for me to move on though as it's not really relevant to this thread.

So I’m confused. Wasn’t Josh Reynolds busted for drugs in an expired licence? Why is he playing NRL this week?

I dont see the drama with all this peptide scandal, its pretty clear cut. The Cronulla players admitted they took a banned substance, so they confessed to being drug cheats. Not really much of an argument.
Yes, for a simpleton a simple answer works best! All cases of cheating are equal. Causing the death of another person is always murder. Simple is best !

Just read a story about Benji needing to be quarantined because he got a peck from a female reporter. Anybody game enough to do this to the Manly team? 🤣🤣

Just read a story about Benji needing to be quarantined because he got a peck from a female reporter. Anybody game enough to do this to the Manly team? 🤣🤣

He was the one who kissed her on the cheek.

you might catch something worse than COVID-19

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Stix
  • Broncorob
  • Fatboy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BruiserMk1
  • Behold
  • Griffo
  • Johnny92
  • Manofoneway
  • Galah
  • upthehorse
  • Foordy
  • cento
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jedhead
  • rj9
  • Dash
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.