NRL Players and family members in hot water

So he got more than Luke O’Donnels spear tackle in Origin?

At least back then you’d get a square up in.

Apparently the bloke got 4 weeks for it.
View attachment 8185

Tackles like that weren’t as cracked down on back then, though.

There was a time spear tackles were fair game. Watch the old grand finals especially during the 80’s and you’ll see spear tackles where the player being tackled is picked up and driving head first into the ground that aren’t penalised and the players just play on.

Moment of truth for Jack de Belin today. Should find out if his case will be going to trial or if it'll be thrown out.

My gut feeling is that it'll be thrown out and he'll be back for Dragons next round.

Moment of truth for Jack de Belin today. Should find out if his case will be going to trial or if it'll be thrown out.

My gut feeling is that it'll be thrown out and he'll be back for Dragons next round.

When is it meant to happen. Hope the **** goes to trial and it's all aired in public.

Imagine if this happened today

Allan McMahon, he was the first coach of the Knights, he's dead now died really young. Thing was that's probably the only ridiculous thing in his career, he was a fullback for Balmain and Australia.

I feel physically ill thinking of the woman at the centre of this trial. What she’s going to go through....
I have a few women friends who have been date raped/drug raped you’d be surprised - only one of them pressed charges and it was thrown out because of “lack of evidence” even though her drink was spiked, she woke up in his bed with no memory of what had happened, who he was and how she got there. She went to the hospital where they found physical evidence of violent penetration and sexual activity and a date rape drug in her system...but yeah nah, she might have wanted it hey.

I feel physically ill thinking of the woman at the centre of this trial. What she’s going to go through....
I have a few women friends who have been date raped/drug raped you’d be surprised - only one of them pressed charges and it was thrown out because of “lack of evidence” even though her drink was spiked, she woke up in his bed with no memory of what had happened, who he was and how she got there. She went to the hospital where they found physical evidence of violent penetration and sexual activity and a date rape drug in her system...but yeah nah, she might have wanted it hey.
This will likely come down to a he said she said situation.

Scary to think how prevalent the situation actually is and how little news there is for drug raids coming out with rohypnol, etc.

Sellers of the drug could almost be considered as assisting a rape (what else can it be used for if sold on the black market)

Scary to think how prevalent the situation actually is and how little news there is for drug raids coming out with rohypnol, etc.

Sellers of the drug could almost be considered as assisting a rape (what else can it be used for if sold on the black market)

They're too busy getting weed, the real drug that's damaging society.

Serious question. What would it's legitimate uses actually be for?

Completely agree and it is disgusting the way the legal system treats these cases.

If De Belin's doesn't go to trial it will be a disgrace. Yes it may be a he said, she said but what exactly would this woman have to gain by lying about this?

Completely agree and it is disgusting the way the legal system treats these cases.

If De Belin's doesn't go to trial it will be a disgrace. Yes it may be a he said, she said but what exactly would this woman have to gain by lying about this?

Without invoking the emotional response it usually does around the internet. Money.

Without invoking the emotional response it usually does around the internet. Money.

I might not understand the law correctly but this being a criminal case how exactly would she make money? I mean they can't settle out of court for this or anything like that. The only other way I could see her making money is by notoreity but to my knowledge her name isn't even known is it?

I might not understand the law correctly but this being a criminal case how exactly would she make money? I mean they can't settle out of court for this or anything like that. The only other way I could see her making money is by notoreity but to my knowledge her name isn't even known is it?
If he's found guilty of the charges she could then absolutely sue him for damages in a civil proceeding.

I do sincerely doubt that would be the primary motivation in this instance though.

Last edited:

Not sure, I don't believe it to be the case with this one, so haven't really looked into if she could be one of those ***** that claims fake rape.

I want this in open court.

Not sure, I don't believe it to be the case with this one, so haven't really looked into if she could be one of those ***** that claims fake rape.

I want this in open court.

Agreed.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Locky24
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Fozz
  • Thelmus
  • RolledOates
  • ChewThePhatt
  • johnny plath
  • Mister Wright
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • Brotherdu
  • broncsgoat
  • mitch222
  • Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  • maddo
  • Robboi_321
  • Bish
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.