vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
um...what..??.....you are spreading the virus while it incubates.....how would you "know" you are well or unwell..??....take a guess i suppose..?
[automerge]1584070265[/automerge]
oh, and congrats to the 2020 NRL premiers the Parramatta Eels..

Last edited:
NRL.com says its going ahead....you lot on here say otherwise....

Does this mean im spending every Friday night this year with my wife and kids..!!!
Maybe the next few weeks

I wish I hadn’t flown to Townsville for this game right now...

But hey, if the season is cancelled, at least we came second... 😆

um...what..??.....you are spreading the virus while it incubates.....how would you "know" you are well or unwell..??....take a guess i suppose..?
[automerge]1584070265[/automerge]
oh, and congrats to the 2020 NRL premiers the Parramatta Eels..

I don't think there is much or any evidence to support there is widespread transmission in Australia firstly. Secondly, there is very, very little evidence of much asymptomatic transmission anyway. This is one of those stories that has gained traction but isn't supported much by evidence I think. There might be the occasional spread by asymptomatic patients.

I don't think there is much or any evidence to support there is widespread transmission in Australia firstly. Secondly, there is very, very little evidence of much asymptomatic transmission anyway. This is one of those stories that has gained traction but isn't supported much by evidence I think. There might be the occasional spread by asymptomatic patients.

just doing the maths and Australia has 156 cases of coronavirus which is 0.0006% of the population

Townsville stadium evacuated due to a fire in the kitchen.

Last edited:
Also means if we win by more than what the Raiders win by tonight we should just be given the premiership for finishing top of the ladder!
On the other hand if we get flogged we are sitting with the spoon
😳😳😳

Even if there isn’t widespread community transmission, it spreads at an exponential rate, which makes it very dangerous and something that is best dealt with as soon as possible. Exponential rates mean the problem looks small, and looks small, and looks small, and looks small, and then suddenly it is overwhelmingly large and out of control. It’s the old parable of the rice and the chess board http://www.dr-mikes-math-games-for-kids.com/rice-and-chessboard.html

Regarding asymptomatic spread:

“ How can someone pass along coronavirus when asymptomatic? If not sneezing or coughing, how can they infect others?
It’s easy for asymptomatic people with coronavirus to spread the illness, said Dr. Anne Rimoin, an epidemiology professor at UCLA’s School of Public Health.

“Certainly when you speak, sometimes you’ll spit a little bit,” Rimoin said. “You’ll rub your nose. You’ll touch your mouth. You’ll rub your eyes. And then you’ll touch other surfaces, and then you will be spreading virus if you are infected and shedding asymptomatically.””

EDIT: I should note that this doesn’t say how often/much asymptomatic people will have it in their fluids... but I’m sure I’ve seen mention of research indicating that it’s not uncommon. I will have to look it up.
EDIT 2: I found this
from a guy who is “Professor, MD, PhD, Director of the Institute of Global Health at the University of Geneva, and Deputy Director of the Swiss School of Public Health, Zürich” who is reporting on some research done by others.
I think there’s enough info pointing in that direction for it to be prudent to make decisions on the assumption that there is a non-trivial amount of asymptomatic transmission going on.

Last edited:
Really want Hoppa to do well.

He will compete until the end,and he hits like a truck. Sadly for him, I don't see him being a long term option because his best position is lock.

Even if there isn’t widespread community transmission, it spreads at an exponential rate, which makes it very dangerous and something that is best dealt with as soon as possible. Exponential rates mean the problem looks small, and looks small, and looks small, and looks small, and then suddenly it is overwhelmingly large and out of control. It’s the old parable of the rice and the chess board http://www.dr-mikes-math-games-for-kids.com/rice-and-chessboard.html

Regarding asymptomatic spread:

“ How can someone pass along coronavirus when asymptomatic? If not sneezing or coughing, how can they infect others?
It’s easy for asymptomatic people with coronavirus to spread the illness, said Dr. Anne Rimoin, an epidemiology professor at UCLA’s School of Public Health.

“Certainly when you speak, sometimes you’ll spit a little bit,” Rimoin said. “You’ll rub your nose. You’ll touch your mouth. You’ll rub your eyes. And then you’ll touch other surfaces, and then you will be spreading virus if you are infected and shedding asymptomatically.””

Dude, this is a media report, they sensationalise everything. If you look at what the majority of health experts ACTUALLY say, of course they say it is possible and it HAS happened but it by no means WIDESPREAD. This sort of sickness spread is what is termed an 'outlier'. It happens but is extremely rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Battler
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dazza 92
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Skathen
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • Alec
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.