NSW - Will they do it?

Gidley has to start at fullback he is their best player by a mile and that is his best position.

1. Gidley
2. Monaghan
3. Cooper
4. Jennings
5. Hayne
6. Campese
7. Mullen/Wallace (flip a coin, I think Mullen will win you more matches but Wallace is more consistent)
8. Bailey
9. Farah
10. Weyman
11. O'Donnell
12. Laffranchi
13. Gallen

14. Lewis
15. Creagh
16. Kite
17. Watmough

OXY-351 said:
Is Mateo elligible for NSW selection this year?

I don't think it matters... i'm pretty sure he is out injured for about 3 months, so he will miss the series

OXY-351 said:
Is Mateo elligible for NSW selection this year?

He is eligible, that was the point of this thread lol but as foordy said hes out for ages with a torn bicep

Lyon will be in the centres.
Wallace 7. Mullen 6, Farah 9.

Close game.

Fiack, hayne is playing well right now. he will cause a few problems for qld for sure

JebaMock said:
What would Blues fans aka wankers think of this:

1. Hayne

6. Gidley
7. Wallace
eusa_think

I think that will seriously be considered Jeb. I hope they go for Jennings (can't tackle) In the centres with Mullen and Gidley for their combo. Mullen has a suspect shoulder then the Broncs keep Wallace. Also Gidley won't be able to do in Origin what he does for the Knights.

1 Hayne
2 Monaghan
3 Lyon
4 Cooper
5 Macmanus ( Daley has been pushing him )
6 Gidley
7 Mullen

I think Jennings has all but secured one of the centre spots, as does Hayne on one of the wings. The other winger is a lottery and the other centre will be out of Lyon and Cooper.

Either way they are starting to run into some form the NSW players, where as QLD (mainly the Storm guys) is struggling a little bit.

Should be a cracking first game either way!

Hayne would be wasted on the wing, Gidley would not be so much wasted a 5/8th. I reckon that's the way the Blues should go. I hope they don't!!!!!

This is what I'd pick, doubt it will happen though.

1. Hayne
2. Monaghan
3. Jennings
4. Cooper
5. McManus
6. Gidley (c)
7. Wallace
8. Bailey
9. Farah
10. Clinton
11. Creagh
12. Waterhouse
13. Gallen
--------------------------
14. Lewis
15. O'Donnell
16. Kite
17. Weyman

QLD still wins.

They should select Clinton... but they won't. he didn't even make the City or Country sides or the 1000 man NSW squad

Foordy said:
They should select Clinton... but they won't. he didn't even make the City or Country sides or the 1000 man NSW squad

Agreed, they won't pick him. They should though, he's in great form.

But that's fantastic from a Broncos point of view icon_thumbs_u

Jennings will need to leave the field immediately after kickoff to change his jocks. He will see Steve Price and shit all over himself.

The Rock said:
BTW - Jennings is going to carve you mofo's up!

Jennings won't handle the defensive requirements of SoO. I really hope they keep seeing the flashy parts of his game and pick him. I think he could go down in the 1 game never to be seen again category.

The Rock said:
JebaMock said:
Hayne would be wasted on the wing, Gidley would not be so much wasted a 5/8th. I reckon that's the way the Blues should go. I hope they don't!!!!!

This is what I'd pick, doubt it will happen though.

1. Hayne
2. Monaghan
3. Jennings
4. Cooper
5. McManus
6. Gidley (c)
7. Wallace
8. Bailey
9. Farah
10. Clinton
11. Creagh
12. Waterhouse
13. Gallen
--------------------------
14. Lewis
15. O'Donnell
16. Kite
17. Weyman

QLD still wins.

I don't care how good Hayne's form from Fullback is right now, Gidley's form is as good or better this year (in fact, Gidley's form at fullback has been consistently great for AGES now...) The best Fullback option for NSW is most definitely Kurt Gidley. So put him there.

It's stupid to shift Hayne to Fullback and Gidley to 5/8 just so they can both be there. Same old stupid mistakes that NSW have been making for years.

It's obvious though that NSW's most dangerous players right now are Gidley and Hayne, so what would be wrong with putting them both in positions where they can cause Queensland the most headaches? I know that when the Blues read out their team tomorrow night, they will have Hayne on the wing, and I will be happy as Larry about that because he is totally wasted there. Gidley is a great fullback but you don't lose much putting him at 5/8th.

But go ahead - stick with the same old pedestrian selections and lose again! icon_thumbs_u

I rate Gidley as a better playmaker than any of the NSW 5/8ths, and there is more points in the NSW team if Gidley and Hayne are both in prominent positions.

But like I said, don't think outside the square. Gives us Queenslanders a stress-free Origin campaign icon_thumbs_u

Gids can play anywhere, he's bloody dangerous anywhere!

That said I feel Mullen at 5/8th and Gidley at fullback is more dangerous than Hayne at fullback and Gidley at 5/8th.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Brocko
  • heartly87
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
  • lynx000
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jedhead
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.