NSW - Will they do it?

Coxyz said:
I know, hence my other post in this thread about Queensland having this series sewn up before a ball is kicked. The Blues have a young, inexperienced back line and no front rowers...up against the Australian back line and front row. They're dead and buried.
dude [icon_non qld'ers do not talk this way. [icon_non

nah nsw will with if jamie the i must pay the video ref lyon plays for them .....paul ( i love manly) simpkins will probably be the video ref for the origin .....

If the NSW selectors don't pick Ennis they are nuts.

He is a gun.

The only negative aspect of selecting him would be his tendency to give away the occasional silly penalty. Positives far outweigh the negatives though.

I'm really unsure who NSW should pick.

Ennis is on fire, however I could very easily see more seasoned campaigners (Civo, Cam Smith, Hodges, etc) getting under his skin and forcing him to try and up his niggle, resulting in penalties and poor performance.

NSW Losers...I mean fans ...no I mean losers; how would you react to NSW picking both hookers?

My revised team for NSW

1. Gidley
2. Hayne (I think his form has picked up enough to earn him a wing spot, plus he has rep experience which is needed for NSW)
3. Jennings
4. Cooper
5. Monaghan
6. Campese
7. Wallace
8. Bailey
9. Ennis
10. Kite
11. Waterhouse
12. Creagh
13. Gallen

14. Lewis
15. Weyman
16. O'Donnell
17. Heighington

QLD:

1. Hunt
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston (Yes Thurston is better at 2nd receiver and Prince is the form halfback in the NRL, but this backline know each other well and I'm happy to see it stay this way until Lockyer goes)
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civo
11. Myles
12. Harrison
13. Johnson

14. Slater
15. Shillington
16. Thaiday
17. Costigan

Interesting to note, Ennis missed 11 tackles last night.

The Gymp said:
Interesting to note, Ennis missed 11 tackles last night.

And that brain explosion at the end with the kick in goal for Idris. Idea and execution were both poor. He does that a bit, and Farah doesn't do it as much. Starting to think Farah might be the better option.

Either way, QLD wins.

I think Ennis is the man NSW shoudl pick after all Farah has soft writen all over him..

Beads6 said:
I think Ennis is the man NSW shoudl pick after all Farah has soft writen all over him..
LOL, i love how people say farah is soft.
Ennis was rubbish on the weekend, made 35 metres, 5 runs 33 tackles and 11 missed and had two brain explosions.
Farah got Man of the Match in a losing team today, made 131 metres, 3 oflloads, 2 linebreaks, try, 37 tackles and 2 missed. Farah is the better player and is not prone to brain explosions and is more creative.

broncospwn said:
Beads6 said:
LOL, i love how people say farah is soft.
Ennis was rubbish on the weekend, made 35 metres, 5 runs 33 tackles and 11 missed and had two brain explosions.
Farah got Man of the Match in a losing team today, made 131 metres, 3 oflloads, 2 linebreaks, try, 37 tackles and 2 missed. Farah is the better player and is not prone to brain explosions and is more creative.

Do you ever watch football and judge the players on what they do? Or do you just wait until after the game and go to nrl.com, look at the stats and think "the stats say they played good so I'll go on BHQ and give them a rap, and then it'll look like I watch football".

Nashy said:
Piss off with your useless stats.

If stats are so useless, why has there been such a focus over the last 10 years by teams wanting to collect them?

I agree that they aren't the be all and end all, but they ceratinly have their place, especially when trying to objectively compare one player to another.

Stats are fine for coaching staff who want to assess players' individual KPIs. But they're pointless to compare player A from Team A to Player B of Team B. Different teams, different tactics, different game plans etc, require different things from different players.

In broncospwn's defence, farrah was outstanding yesterday

But I looked at the stats on NRL.com this morning and apparently South Sydney scored 23 points to Wests Tigers 22.

So Farah must've been shit.

Actually, Stats were used to counter the argument that Farah "is soft" and Ennis as having great defence. Ennis played rubbish on friday, farah was outstanding yesterday and got man of the match in the losing team.

You do realise "soft" doesn't mean missed tackles, right? When we say Ennis is tougher, we mean he's a mongrel. He'll get in there and push, shove, be a dick to get people pissed off and off their game. Farah will stand back and just do his thing.

In Origin you need your hooker to be more in yer face. Like Smith.

Yep. Some of us don't need numbers to prove that. But if we are wanting to judge them both from one game of a very long season.

Ennis needs to be dropped, he should never ever see a blues jersey. I can't believe the Broncos actually used him last year. He's past his prime.

Farrah is God. That's all it comes down to. He'll be the next best player in the world. He'll get the Dally M for sure.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Dazza 92
  • ChewThePhatt
  • NSW stables
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Strop
  • Aldo
  • broncs30
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncotville
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.