ODIs vs England

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
Major JW Hochstetter said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":392xpkyx][quote="Major JW Hochstetter":392xpkyx]Clarke out in typical fashion.

Just getting a start, striking under 50, plays an idiot shot in the air square of the wicket.

[eusa_doh

The ball was there to hit but he just keeps hitting it in the air. If he left it he would have been booed by the uneducated types.[/quote:392xpkyx]

Yeah, and it seems to be pretty much the same story when he hits it along the carpet as well. He just pushes it hard straight to the blokes in the infield. He also looks very cramped when playing attacking shots.

These problems he's got a fairly obvious when he's in form and piling up the runs - but when he's out of form, holy shit he looks useless. And quite frustrating to watch. North-like almost.[/quote:392xpkyx]

Yep it is hard to watch, he needs to go back and find form quickly because if he doesn't the public and media pressure will get too much for Cricket Australia to ignore.

Now Hussey is out, 4/34. This could be real bad LOL

If Steve Smith's shot selection is any indication of the type of Cricketer that the T20 generation will breed, then sheeeet...

What's that, the 4th batsman bowled? That's not good enough.

Good decision to leave Marsh out of the World Cup squad. He's clearly not good enough.

No, really. LOLZ

I can't recall a bunch of selectors that have got it so consistently wrong. Dave Hussey got an extended run in the odi side with a view to this WC. He struggled and 2 years ago they appropriately dropped him. I can't fathom how - with 1 match to play before the WC squad was selected - they have decided he is in fact actually good enough and recalled him. This is despite they fact they have spent the best part of 4 years persisting - successfully as well - with Marsh and/or Ferguson as the spare or number 7 batsman with this years WC in mind.

Marsh/Ferguson > D.Hussey

I have decided Michael Clarke is to Australian Cricket what Anakin Skywalker was to the Jedi Order.

The Jedi thought Anakin was the chosen one who would rid the universe of evil and bring peace and prosperity to all. Instead he turned evil and fucked everything up until he was killed (poetically, in trying to save his son he sacrificed himself).

Michael Clarke has been anointed Australian Cricket's chosen one, yet I can foresee he's going to send Australian down the dark path to oblivion, and it will only be rescued when he retires (sacrifices himself) for a young kid that could well pass himself off as his son (Tim Paine).

Truly brilliant innings by Marsh I knew he had talent but I didn't think he would produce what he did today.

Coxy said:
I have decided Michael Clarke is to Australian Cricket what Anakin Skywalker was to the Jedi Order.

The Jedi thought Anakin was the chosen one who would rid the universe of evil and bring peace and prosperity to all. Instead he turned evil and **** everything up until he was killed (poetically, in trying to save his son he sacrificed himself).

Michael Clarke has been anointed Australian Cricket's chosen one, yet I can foresee he's going to send Australian down the dark path to oblivion, and it will only be rescued when he retires (sacrifices himself) for a young kid that could well pass himself off as his son (Tim Paine).

The Tim Paine love astounds me, the bloke has 1 first class century and has really not performed to his full potential yet you want to name him as a Test Captain. [icon_lol1.

Bucking Beads said:
Coxy said:

The Jedi thought Anakin was the chosen one who would rid the universe of evil and bring peace and prosperity to all. Instead he turned evil and **** everything up until he was killed (poetically, in trying to save his son he sacrificed himself).

The Tim Paine love astounds me, the bloke has 1 first class century and has really not performed to his full potential yet you want to name him as a Test Captain. [icon_lol1.

In 3 years when he proves himself. If not, someone else.

Clarke will be Australia's least successful captain ever.

Coxy said:
Bucking Beads said:
Coxy said:

In 3 years when he proves himself. If not, someone else.

Clarke will be Australia's least successful captain ever.

Of course he will the.. You only have to take a look at the level of play in all levels of cricket in Australia to figure that out. It is just funny how you have anointed Paine as the next Captain before he has even become a steady contributor in the Baggy Green.

Yeah just a tad hypocritical.

Dougy starting to look good again, finally!

Big Pete said:
Yeah just a tad hypocritical.

Dougy starting to look good again, finally!

But I am missing it because Channel 9 have the news on. Good to see the rug back.

Clarke captaining well, good bowling changes. Good bowling so far from all the Aussies. Tait is still a myth though

I thought you were taking the piss..lol

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • theshed
  • broncoscope
  • Gaz
  • mieko
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • scobie
  • Skyblues87
  • broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.