ODIs vs England

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
That is a brilliant win... Great stuff from Marsh and Bollinger.. Watson was also good, I also think Clarke deserves praise for his captaincy.

Finally showing fight and getting confidence back. Just need batting and bowling to be on song

So they've gone back to Doherty again.

Honestly, what the hell has O'Keefe gotta do? The bloke actually takes wickets FFS. Perhaps it's too much of a common sense selection, which is something totally beyond Hilditch and his muppets.

Siddle in as well.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
So they've gone back to Doherty again.

Honestly, what the hell has O'Keefe gotta do? The bloke actually takes wickets FFS. Perhaps it's too much of a common sense selection, which is something totally beyond Hilditch and his muppets.

Siddle in as well.

Not to mention O'Keefe can bat.

You can't deny Doherty isn't terrible in the 50 over format. His domestic form demands he is Hauritz's back up.

Another story in the longer version of the game though...

Agreed that I wouldn't mind O'Keefe getting thrown in, he was absolutely shafted throughout the Ashes. Started the summer as the #2 spinner (in playing for Aus A, AND being the pick of the bowlers) yet was jumped by both Doherty and Beer. He would be as good a number 8 as there is running around as well.

Yeah, he can certainly do well in limited overs. During that ODI in Melbourne against Sri Lanka, it was quite noticeable how well he was flighting the ball. He tossed it up, slowed his pace, and thus got varying amounts of turn, bounce and, importantly, drift.

Once he got a tonking though, particularly in the Tests, he's been bowling much quicker and much flatter - a bad habit that many of our spinners have taken to. His confidence was busted pretty quickly in my view, and as far as that kind of thing is concerned, you could say he's the spinning version of Mitch Johnson.

I look at O'Keefe though, and I see a spinner with reasonable economy and a proven wicket taking ability. We just haven't had that at all in the Aussie team for yonks. And in contrast to Doherty, I haven't seen O'Keefe crack when he goes the distance by resorting to throwing darts (throw Krejza in that category too before they gave him the arse). Perhaps that's why he keeps taking wickets, no matter what the batsmen try and do. That's what's convinced me that he's most deserving of a call up at the moment outside of the readmission of Hauritz - who you'd have to say has earned it.

As Beads said, the guy can more than hold a bat as well.

After trying him out, he may well end up shyte like most of the others, but I think he's definitely the most deserving at the moment and I can't see how his constant snubbing is justified by the selectors. And if they've still refused to pick him after all that has gone on, I wonder whether he's even been considered. He certainly wouldn't be the first form player to be completely missed by Hilditch and co. over the last couple of years.

LOL @ Prior and Strauss, what a waste. That was as close as you could get to referring a bloke being bowled, without actually being bowled.

Rolf classic prior. It seems the aussies grow another leg in odi's

And Strauss had one of the best views of it and still went with it.... Awesome:)

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • Battler
  • upthebroncs
  • bb_gun
  • jd87
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.