[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
my guess is canberra are playing hardball so milf excepts an upgrade for a year and canberra are happy to try and convince him to stay long term , until nov 1st he signeds with brisbane and milf & broncos see what canberra do afterwards .

As long as it's not an extension we can just start negotiating for 2015 with him in November.

I know this will sound like sour grapes, and I've said it before on here, but I think our efforts would be better focused on chasing a proper 6 or 7. Milford is a wonderful player, and I wouldn't say no if he fell in our lap but given we already have BB I think they are quite similar players. with too many off the cuff running players you run the risk of being all flick passes and trick shots (see wests tigers).
We need a director, a brain. There is an obvious choice who is not yet on the market, but I think until he is we have to sit tight and develop what we have.

He probably can't get out and probably can't afford to stay on the sidelines for a whole year as he threatened, meaning he will have to stay with Canberra another year.

Yeah, this could easily be the case too. Too early to jump to conclusions, and even if we get him in 2015, I'll be ecstatic.

We need a director, a brain. There is an obvious choice who is not yet on the market, but I think until he is we have to sit tight and develop what we have.

Cam Smith, even if he was 40 and still playing, would be great for this reason.

So in other words we aren't making any more signings for 2014, except maybe Vidot and Lowrie? The cap goes up as well, we're going to have so much money to spend in 2015.

I am very happy to go with Strasser-Hunt for next season. We can extend players and brim part of heir new contracts forward into next year's cap right and thus keep the guys we want longer term and still have a war chest right? We may not be a contender next year but we learn who accompanies DCE of the year after and if Smith comes too, bang we have premiership potential in 2015-16 for back to back premierships!!

It won't be Strasser / Hunt next year, it'll be either Barba / Hunt or Hoffman / Hunt

There seems to be some hype about Zach Strasser and judging by what i've heard I would give him a shot in the no 6 shirt in the trials and if he performs well a spot in the first grade team.

if people remember a few weeks back one rodger wilco said milford had two things going against him signing with broncs , a release and the other was dce

This Strasser talk is silly. How many QCup players have been predicted on BHQ to be the next great thing, only to turn into a failure? Hint, it's most of them.

We need to sign someone who knows what they are doing, in the NRL. Not in Qcup. Milford or DCE should be the only ones on Gee's radar. He's only a forward, lets not give him too much to think about.

This Strasser talk is silly. How many QCup players have been predicted on BHQ to be the next great thing, only to turn into a failure? Hint, it's most of them.

We need to sign someone who knows what they are doing, in the NRL. Not in Qcup. Milford or DCE should be the only ones on Gee's radar. He's only a forward, lets not give him too much to think about.

Milford and DCE are taken and we need a genuine five-eighth to partner Hunt in the halves. I would hit Milford and DCE with every trick in the book when they are on the market obviously.

Get the impression this is off the table until 2015 and the Broncos will go ahead and sign Karmichael Hunt in the interim.

Disappointing but still like the direction this club is headed in.

Get the impression this is off the table until 2015 and the Broncos will go ahead and sign Karmichael Hunt in the interim.

Disappointing but still like the direction this club is headed in.

Got much to base this on apart from the Justin Hodges article and the other little whispers? Or just a hunch.

I do not think milford will be at the raiders in 2015

LOL ....:laugh:

I'm a bit gutted for two reasons.

1. It's appears as though Milford won't be playing with us in 2014. Genuinely unhappy .....:frown:

2. Why the **** did we just sack 2 first grade halves when we had no-one to take their place?

Obviously, Wallace HAD TO GO....but Prince as well? I think he was prepared to go round one last time......his form indicated he could.

What are Griffin and Gee thinking .....? Re-phrase. What is Griffin thinking....?

I can't believe the level of incompetence going on here at the club !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • davidp
  • winslow_wong
  • Manofoneway
  • Ondi
  • Strop
  • azza.79
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • Aldo
  • Harry Sack
  • Skathen
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • kiwibronco
  • kiwi2
  • Mr Fourex
  • Thelmus
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.