[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voodoo, witchcraft, hypnotism you know, all the fun stuff.

Or he'll have learnt from the guy he lives with (Papa) on how to get the most money. Going by his tweets I don't think he'd mind too much the extra attention of goin through the same thing as Papa if it gets him the best deal.

point is though no club can get too excited about a signing till round 13, only extensions are legally binding before that.

Not right, that clause isn't in every contract and plenty don't have it.

You don't need it.

What clause, I didn't mention one or do you mean get out by round 13? That's not a clause but a generic NRL rule isn't it to give existing clubs the best chance to retain their talent?

No new contracts can be registered until round 13 only extensions can be.

Papa wasnt the first to use it and won't be the last, Raiders were bitten by it a couple of years earlier.

Last edited:
What clause, I didn't mention one or do you mean get out by round 13? That's not a clause but a generic NRL rule isn't it to give existing clubs the best chance to retain their talent?

No new contracts can be registered until round 13 only extensions can be.

Papa wasnt the first to use it and won't be the last, Raiders were bitten by it a couple of years earlier.

It's not a standard clause and managers have it removed and or not included.

It's a standard NRL rule in their contracts section, managers might try and write a contract to make it null and void though I guess but since a contract can't be registered before then it'd be interesting to see what would happen. A manager would be crazy to to do that though potentially reducing his and his players pay.

It's a standard NRL rule in their contracts section, managers might try and write a contract to make it null and void though I guess but since a contract can't be registered before then it'd be interesting to see what would happen. A manager would be crazy to to do that though potentially reducing his and his players pay.

It's not standard and you don't have to have it. Plenty of players don't have the clause they can jump before round 13.

Check the NRL contract rules dude, it's considered as much of a loophole as a clause due to not registering before round 13.

Do you agree the NRL won't register a contract with a new club before round 13 but will an extension? If so there's the loophole players can use to escape.

With what happened with Papa and Eels do you really think they would've allowed it to be added to Normans contract and stress over him coming?

Last edited:
What makes you think 1910 is a dude?

Check the NRL contract rules dude, it's considered as much of a loophole as a clause due to not registering before round 13.

Do you agree the NRL won't register a contract with a new club before round 13 but will an extension? If so there's the loophole players can use to escape.

With what happened with Papa and Eels do you really think they would've allowed it to be added to Normans contract and stress over him coming?

I've got no idea what you just said.

I'll explain it very clearly- the clause in contracts that allows players to change their mind up till half way through the year can be removed. Managers and players have it removed.

Do you really think Smith needs till round 13 of the year to see if he likes playing for the Storm after he signs?
Do you really think Parker says I'll sign but just give me till round 13 I might not like playing for the Broncos?

Some players/managers leave it in- because to be honest I suspect they're unsure or it's just there and it's not taken out.

I've got no idea what you just said.

I'll explain it very clearly- the clause in contracts that allows players to change their mind up till half way through the year can be removed. Managers and players have it removed.

Do you really think Smith needs till round 13 of the year to see if he likes playing for the Storm after he signs?
Do you really think Parker says I'll sign but just give me till round 13 I might not like playing for the Broncos?

Some players/managers leave it in- because to be honest I suspect they're unsure or it's just there and it's not taken out.

I don't think bushy is talking about a clause after the player has already moved.

In his example we would sign Milford for the 2015 season on say the 1st of November 2013. We as fans could jump up and down with delight but due to the NRL not recognising the contract or approving it or whatever until round 13 in 2014, Milford could at the start of round 12 or earlier in 2014 tell the Broncos he has changed his mind and will stay at the Raiders.

I believe this is what happened with Josh Papali and Parra, and why we were all so desperate for round 13 to start with Corey Norman as we did not want the Broncos making a last ditch attempt to keep him.

Thankfully we have Parramatta in the NRL, no other club would have been stupid enough to pay money for Norman and we would have had to keep him or ask him to pay another club to take him. That's right, you read it correctly. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.