[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
Clauses are not about mutuality. Any person can negotiate a mutual release.

These Logan players were already signed to the club prior to the Milford saga.

So you can hardly use them as an example

A clause can need conditions, if parties disagree conditions have been met then they'll be challenged which could be the case here, without knowing the exact clause we're all assuming.

Not sure on the legalities of u18 contracts or if they were already contracted so once again assuming, BUT both Lees are Logan boys and look like staying so they can't be too pissed about Milfs treatment can they?

Your whole post was full of assumptions to suit your bias, not facts.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

Like everything you have ever said on this forum. Nobody knows any facts about this situation apart from the fact that Milfords father isn't 100% healthy and he wants to come home so he can spend more time with him.

Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013
A clause can need conditions, if parties disagree conditions have been met then they'll be challenged which could be the case here, without knowing the exact clause we're all assuming.

Not sure on the legalities of u18 contracts or if they were already contracted so once again assuming, BUT both Lees are Logan boys and look like staying so they can't be too pissed about Milfs treatment can they?

1. It's a pretty fair assumption that given Milford and Ayoub were the ones who wanted the clause that it would better reflect their favour.

2. I was talking about future prospects, not players already signed by the Raiders.

3. YOU HAVE THE BALLS TO COME ON HERE AND TALK ABOUT OUR BIAS!!!!

From a Raiders fan that thinks Milford's dad secretly runs marathons on weekends and is in no way sick because he flew to Canberra to support his boy through a tough time.

And who thinks paying Milford a million dollars is a good idea.

And who thinks Milford doesn't even want to leave Canberra, it's all Ayoub's idea.

And who is arrogant enough to think that arguing with a young QLD kid about how sick his dad is in an attempt to force a contract on him, a contract in which he had the foresight to add a release clause to, doesn't think families talk and doesn't think this could have an impact on public perception about the Raiders and player treatment..

Yep, I'll be sure to keep my bias in check. Thanks.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
1. It's a pretty fair assumption that given Milford and Ayoub were the ones who wanted the clause that it would better reflect their favour.

2. I was talking about future prospects, not players already signed by the Raiders.

3. YOU HAVE THE BALLS TO COME ON HERE AND TALK ABOUT OUR BIAS!!!!

From a Raiders fan that thinks Milford's dad secretly runs marathons on weekends and is in no way sick because he flew to Canberra to support his boy through a tough time.

And who thinks paying Milford a million dollars is a good idea.

And who thinks Milford doesn't even want to leave Canberra, it's all Ayoub's idea.

And who is arrogant enough to think that arguing with a young QLD kid about how sick his dad is in an attempt to force a contract on him, a contract in which he had the foresight to add a release clause to, doesn't think families talk and doesn't think this could have an impact on public perception about the Raiders and player treatment..

Yep, I'll be sure to keep my bias in check. Thanks.

Xavier, I fear you are getting baited by a master baiter, and you are taking the bait like a trout that has not been fed for about six months. But carry on if you want to.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
All signs point to Milford in a Broncos jersey next year.

LOL at the loonies in the GH saying the only way they would trade Milford is for Macca, Hoffman and Gillett.

They all seem oblivious to the clause in his contract. Regardless of the exact wording of the clause, it was put in the contract to protect Milford, not the Raiders.

An independent investigator analysing this will always rule in favour of the party the clause was intended to protect. It obviously doesn't state mutuality or there would be no argument.

You know what would be more embarrassing for the Raiders administration? Trying to fight this case and losing, & Milford walks for free instead of just negotiating a release with some type of compensation.

Now the Broncos have a Logan Academy, do you really think the families of young Logan players are going to trust the Raiders? The way Anthony has been treated is appalling..

I respectfully disagree. How is it appalling that they are doing everything that they can to keep a player that have put a lot of money into and that they actually have signed to a contract. If the shoe was on the other foot, I would be disappointed if the Broncos did not do the same, just as they are doing with Hoffman. There seems to be a fair degree of blind bias on both sides of the Canberra/Broncos scenario.

Don't get me wrong, I hope we get him, but the most important thing is that Milford and his family are happy with whatever the final outcome is.

Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013
Xavier, I fear you are getting baited by a master baiter, and you are taking the bait like a trout that has not been fed for about six months. But carry on if you want to.

I'm just not a fan of hypocrisy or stupidity.

And to have this hypocrite come on to a rival clubs forum, having spit some of the biased Raiders sh*t that he has, have ago about our bias, makes me very angry.

Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013
I respectfully disagree. How is it appalling that they are doing everything that they can to keep a player that have put a lot of money into and that they actually have signed to a contract. If the shoe was on the other foot, I would be disappointed if the Broncos did not do the same, just as they are doing with Hoffman. There seems to be a fair degree of blind bias on both sides of the Canberra/Broncos scenario.

Don't get me wrong, I hope we get him, but the most important thing is that Milford and his family are happy with whatever the final outcome is.

I don't blame them for wanting to keep him at all.

What doesn't sit right is to have the coach and CEO preach player welfare, like both Don and Ricky have done with Milford, only to say "F*ck player welfare" when it becomes an issue. And for them to say "Actually, your dad isn't sick enough, and we don't want to release you".

You're right, I would want the Broncos to fight for our players.

But we can't be comparing someone with a dad who has a heart condition, and someone having a sook about not playing fullback.

Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013
I'll pay that. :laugh:

Well done.

Stop preaching this 'value of a contract' nonsense.

Regardless of what the wording is/reason for release, the Raiders JUST signed a contracted coach by taking advantage of a situation.

So tell me how the Broncos are so despicable?

B

broncomax

NYC Player
Oct 5, 2013
It's amazing how all the noise re milford is coming out of canberra. There is at least 1-2 stories in the canberra times each week and nothing in the courier mail for about 3 weeks. Not since it broke anthony would not go back down to the Raiders after the world cup. It's very interesting that there is nothing from the Broncos or milford camps. Raiders are looking more and more desperate each day. The old saying silence is deafening must be driving Stuart mad.

Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013
Ricky Stuart quote in an article today. When talking about the house he's leasing:

"Seriously, it's a nice family home and close to our families which is why we've moved back to Canberra,"

Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013
Again, I don't think this will be as simple as him coming back from the World Cup and signing with us.

It depends what approach Milford and Ayoub take.

He could not go back, stay in Brisbane and say he's activated the release, take it up with the NRL if you want.

He could not go to back, and get Ayoub to do peace talks and try to broker a compensation deal with the Broncos.

Either way I can't see him going back to Canbera and starting pre season.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Ricky Stuart quote in an article today. When talking about the house he's leasing:

"Seriously, it's a nice family home and close to our families which is why we've moved back to Canberra,"

I wonder why this idiot (Ricky Stuart) keeps touting this line......

surely he realises it's not doing the public's perception of the Raiders in the Milford case any good at all.

Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013

surely he realises it's not doing the public's perception of the Raiders in the Milford case any good at all.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "this idiot".

But the Raiders fans will still tell you that it is in no way similar to Milford's situation.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

It's what makes me think that Canberra has already lost him. He's got no need anymore to vomit up the BS to try to keep him here, so he's now free to vomit up the other BS to claim he only came to Canberra for family reasons.

Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013
This article:

THE coach Canberra has invested in to return the Raiders to their glory days has won just 10 of 51 games since mid 2009.

Many clubs wouldn’t even consider appointing a coach with a winning record of just over 20 per cent (including four loses as coach of NSW) over the past four years.

But those clubs aren’t the Canberra Raiders and the only coach they would turn to with such a record is Stuart, one of the heroes of the club's golden age.

Stuart played more than 200 games for the Raiders and the brilliant halfback was integral in their 1989, ’90 and ’94 premierships.

Having started his coaching career in a blaze of glory at the Roosters, his time as coach of the Bondi club, the Cronulla Sharks and then the Parramatta Eels have ended in controversy with Stuart either being sacked or resigning despite still being contracted.

kingpest

kingpest

QCup Player
Apr 14, 2013
Samoa have been knocked out so fingers crossed we get some news this week :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • LittleDavey
  • Harry Sack
  • Robboi_321
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • Fozz
  • Santa
  • Jazza
  • Seibs
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.