[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to a radio interview with Don Furner, Ricky Stuart and Mal Meninga met with him in Brisbane yesterday. The aim is to extend him with Canberra on a multi year contract. Can't update on how the meeting went.

I wouldn't be surprised if Milford played for Raiders next year but still left in 2015. WHo knows what is going on with the kid. He clearly wants to move home but he also wants to be loyal to the Raiders and the mates he has made. He is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Think it's more a case of his parents wanting him home rather than himself. Unlike Barba he didn't look or play like someone who didn't want to be there.

If true then the Raiders were smart in sending Meninga along with Sticky as they are both former Raiders players and now coaches (and Meninga currently has the QLD origin ties), I'm sure that would have helped their cause a lot compared to whoever he met with at the Broncos, probably Griffin and Gee aka Tweedledee and Tweedledum. Still not sure which way to lean but I hope that the Broncos involved Lockyer (and some other ex-Broncos legend?) in some of the meetings he had with us, pretty sure I'd sign anything if Locky told me it would be a good idea :)

If true then the Raiders were smart in sending Meninga along with Sticky as they are both former Raiders players and now coaches (and Meninga currently has the QLD origin ties), I'm sure that would have helped their cause a lot compared to whoever he met with at the Broncos, probably Griffin and Gee aka Tweedledee and Tweedledum. Still not sure which way to lean but I hope that the Broncos involved Lockyer (and some other ex-Broncos legend?) in some of the meetings he had with us, pretty sure I'd sign anything if Locky told me it would be a good idea :)
Wouldn't have met with anyone from the bronc's till after nov 1

pretty sure I'd sign anything if Locky told me it would be a good idea :)
Ah but what if Mal and Locky told you to do different things, Mals a bigger legend of the game and physically a lot more intimidating.

Someone mentioned earlier Milf would get an easier shot with Qld playing for the Broncos but while Mals coach I doubt that's the case. With both state coaches Raiders legends (Mal still involved with the club) the Raiders players will be getting a much better look in for rep selections than previously.

Haha no and contrary to the popular belief of gullible opposition fans there is nothing illegal with discussing prior to November 1.

It's seems a popular date that keeps popping up so no idea on it tbh, even in Chris Garry's article he referred to it.
"The club’s lack of playmaking depth means Milford is a must-get when he is able to speak to rival NRL clubs on November 1."

Ah but what if Mal and Locky told you to do different things, Mals a bigger legend of the game and physically a lot more intimidating.

Someone mentioned earlier Milf would get an easier shot with Qld playing for the Broncos but while Mals coach I doubt that's the case. With both state coaches Raiders legends (Mal still involved with the club) the Raiders players will be getting a much better look in for rep selections than previously.
Hmm I wouldn't say Mal is a bigger legend than Locky

I cannot believe I didn't realise that until you pointed it out lol!!! The Raiders will definitely start getting more players in rep jumpers then

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.