[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Re: Ben Barba - Breaking News

This is terrible form by the Daily Telegraph. After everything Barba has been through, they throw this on top with no proof and then add tripe like, "The Sunday Telegraph does not claim the alleged punch occurred." This is extremely poor on so many levels. They've dragged him through the mud with no proof and completely ruined his reputation and chance of starting a new life in Brisbane, all to sell a few Newspapers.

I hope to god Ben Barba sues the Daily Telegraph for squillions.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Bulldogs are scum. But if this is true, so is Barba.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Barba is no angel but this article is speculative dribble from start to confusing finish.

Some Bulldogs officials are so concerned about the situation they revealed details to The Sunday Telegraph, including the claim Barba failed to complete the counselling ordered by the Bulldogs.

Bizarre, how does going to the media help Barba or the women involved exactly? Strange that they only became 'concerned' days after he signed to play elsewhere.

The Sunday Telegraph does not claim the alleged punch occurred.

Despite the headline claiming it is "the real reason"? The only reason they put that in is because they went to the woman for a quote and she denied it happened, and in fact released a press statement through her lawyers last night denying it happened, so instead of using that quote in the story they ignore it and change the name of the individual to 'woman'.

The Sunday Telegraph has learned the Bulldogs helped pick the Brisbane Broncos as Barba's next club, largely because of a well-regarded welfare program that will continue Barba's care. There are also suggestions that there was no $300,000 transfer fee paid to the Bulldogs, with Canterbury more concerned about having Barba placed in a club where he would receive ongoing care.

Amazing..

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013

I hope he refuses to play in the finals for them.

I think this is why he re-injured his ankle last week.

They've treated him poorly, it would seem. To leak this kind of information is bordering on psychopathic.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008

"The Bulldogs have requested the NRL Integrity Unit investigate allegations raised in today's media in relation to Ben Barba," the club said in the statement.

"The club will offer comment once those investigations are complete."

I'm confused, concerned Bulldogs officials told the telegraph all about it, the telegraph told us that the Broncos had "been fully informed about Barba's off-field history".

So what is it that the Bulldogs have requested the NRL to investigate? If it is a cover up as the telegraph insinuates, what will happen to the NRL's new Head of Football?

Last edited:
B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013

This better be BS although there seems to be some truth to it. It's probably best that it all comes out now instead of next year so that it can be dealt with before next season and I hope the Broncos really are the club to turn his life around. I also find it strange that we signed him if we knew about these allegations, especially after we ended negotiations with Dugan for what? Swearing? Kinda seems a bit pale in significance now doesn't it.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

Seems very scummy of the bulldog's to bring this up now. They covered up assault allegations all year then went public as soon as they lost him to another club. Innocent until proven guilty but if there is any truth to this, I hope the Bronco's put morality over success. I'd rather be a dud team for another season than employ a women basher. IF there is found to be any truth to this, of course.

I only just changed my avatar too. :(

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au

SHOOSH II

There is a worrying rumour doing the rounds about how one of rugby league’s most respected officials recently covered up an absolutely terrible off-field incident.

If it gets out, it will cost him his job. Stay tuned.

Interesting.

There's speculation that the woman is Ainslie Currie and there's lots of people denying that. Going by rumours from earlier in the year, I'd speculate it's the wife of a teammate.

Last edited:
Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013

I am concerned for some people. The type of people who immediately label Barba a woman basher and wish him harm... Who are these people? What type of life do they actually lead? What goes on in their minds? How do they deal with their own real life issues? How do they portray themselves to their family, friends and loved ones?

Maybe I might take up psychology.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

They're doggies fans.....nuff said really.

It's the typical knee jerk reaction from a fan base when they feel they have been slighted by a player/club etc. Some just take it a little further than others.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013

Shame telegraph Shame.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

I don't think the photo is of Ainslie. From memory, she had her upper lip pierced at the dally m's. Though the photo could be flipped so that it would be on the right side where it would be cropped from the photo.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

I am concerned for some people. The type of people who immediately label Barba a woman basher and wish him harm... Who are these people? What type of life do they actually lead? What goes on in their minds? How do they deal with their own real life issues? How do they portray themselves to their family, friends and loved ones?

Maybe I might take up psychology.

When member's link to these other footy forum websites, it really shows exactly why he have such stringent rules. The Kennel is full of heartless assholes with nothing better to do than get online, and insult or hurt other people.

On Barba, there were strong RUMOURS sthat he had hit his missus earlier in the year, and that's why he went off to alcohol rehab. You know, the standard story. Footy player hits female, goes to rehab, she gets a job, or new handbag to not make a statement, and bam, the only punishment is a 6 figure a year salary.

I hope this isn't real, but it wouldn't be an article if there was absolutely no truth to it IMO.

Steve Renouf

Steve Renouf

NYC Player
Aug 31, 2012

I hope the Bronco's put morality over success. (
:001_rolleyes:

They may need a hercules to fly Barba to Brisbane cause all of his baggage won't fit on a Qantas flight.

And people were worried about Dugan. :laugh:

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013

:001_rolleyes:

They may need a hercules to fly Barba to Brisbane cause all of his baggage won't fit on a Qantas flight.

And people were worried about Dugan. :laugh:
I think I've realized who steve Renouf is ... Judge Judy!!!!

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

The only thing relevant in that story is half of the first sentence: "BEN Barba is starting a new life in Brisbane... ".

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.