[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Re: Ben Barba - Breaking News

Reminds me of the Raiders releasing a 'dirt dossier' after they sacked Dugan.

Why didn't she go to the police?

This line in the media release seems pretty telling:

The National Rugby League Integrity Unit will conduct an independent review of the Bulldogs actions in relation to the standing down of Ben Barba earlier this year.

Reminds me of the Raiders releasing a 'dirt dossier' after they sacked Dugan.

Why didn't she go to the police?

In the article it says that it is alleged the woman asked a club official if Barba would be able to continue playing football if the matter was reported to police, the club official said "no", so the woman denied it happened

This line in the media release seems pretty telling:

The National Rugby League Integrity Unit will conduct an independent review of the Bulldogs actions in relation to the standing down of Ben Barba earlier this year.

yeah but the ARLC could still suspend or de-register Barba if they find the Bulldogs actions were in sufficient.

this just makes the bulldogs look bad. so they covered it up all year til he was released?

i think one things for sure he will not play another game for the dogs.

Inb4 the integrity unit finds out he punched a woman and he doesn't even get to play for the Broncos in 2014.

Inb4 the integrity unit finds out he punched a woman and he doesn't even get to play for the Broncos in 2014.

if Robert Lui and Greg Bird are still playing, there's no reason Barba won't be.

if Robert Lui and Greg Bird are still playing, there's no reason Barba won't be.

didn't Lui get suspended for 12 months. although i believe he was charged and convicted

..and Greg Inglis, and Ben Teo.

Hypothetically, how do you all feel about Barba playing for the Broncos if the latest Barba allegations turn out to be true? Is it okay to beat women and still play in the Brisbane uniform? (general question not restricted to the current newspaper articles)

Well we were quite happy to try and get Inglis.

Hypothetically if it's true..I won't want him here..Try for Milford and then go all-out to get DCE when he's off-contract.

Hypothetically, how do you all feel about Barba playing for the Broncos if the latest Barba allegations turn out to be true? Is it okay to beat women and still play in the Brisbane uniform? (general question not restricted to the current newspaper articles)

Ask titans fans how they feel about bird playing for them. Ask souths fans how they feel about inglis playing for them, that's my answer.

I don't support violence against women what so ever but we will never know the whole truth about this and the whole situation is murkier than Miley Cyrus' bong water. This garbage being released now is revolting, the guy is entitled to move on with his life. There obviously isn't that much in this if there has been no allegation from the woman in 7 fucking months

Is it okay to beat women and still play in the Brisbane uniform? (general question not restricted to the current newspaper articles)

You can't be serious asking that question.

I agree, if there's no truth to it, no problem.

My question is regarding if there *is* truth to it.

So, if Titans & Souths have players who bash women, it's okay by you to have players who (hypothetically) bash women in the Broncos uniform?

I just want to be really clear with what you're saying.

Even if proven, he didn't do it in a Broncos jersey. He did it in a Bulldogs jersey.

Actually, if reports are to be believed, he supposedly did it in an Indigenous All Stars jersey, but that's neither here nor there.

Nobody (aside from Grimmiq) seems to want to address the real issue - do you want players who bash women playing for the Broncos?

Last edited:

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Manofoneway
  • mieko
  • Cavalo
  • broncos4life
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • maddo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Robboi_321
  • Bucking Beads
  • theshed
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.