[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Re: Ben Barba - Breaking News

IMO I didn't really want Barba in the first place. Hoffy is way better!!!

Run along troll. At least our other trolls have been more entertaining. So are you from the kennel or the green house?

IF any football player was an out and out woman basher, I wouldn't want him to play for the club I support. But in situations like the ones stated, we obviously don't get the full picture, and Barba is another. I honestly don't believe what is being said. Happened seven months ago, and just as the Bulldogs released him? Please. Ben will be in Broncos colours next year, no worries.

Last edited:

IF any football player was an out and out woman basher, I wouldn't want him to play for the club I support. But in situations like the ones stated, we obviously don't get the full picture, and Barba is another. I honestly don't believe what is being said. Happened seven years ago, and just as the Bulldogs released him? Please. Ben will be in Broncos colours next year, no worries.

It's been rumoured over at the Kennel all year. Nobody wanted to believe it. I completely agree that it seems far too "convenient" for it to come out now he has signed with the Broncos to be coincidence. The general feeling on the Kennel is that it was a "parting gift" for him. What makes it difficult to discount is that the rumours started a long time before Barba gave any sign he was going to leave the Bulldogs. For it to have been manufactured to suit this situation, someone would have to have been playing a ridiculously long game - "Ok, so I want Barba gone in September, so I'll start rumours in March, undermine team morale for a season, and then BAM".

Last edited:

Lachlan Maranta's grandfather helped found the Brisbane Broncos, his history with the club is the longest, therefore he deserves to play Fullback and the captaincy.

They're certainly coming out of the woodwork tonight :loool:

Hello Kennel members!

Lachlan Maranta's grandfather helped found the Brisbane Broncos, his history with the club is the longest, therefore he deserves to play Fullback and the captaincy.

I agree, I'm sick of the Broncos kingdom being run as a meritocracy (of sorts)

Essentially. NO I'm not okay with women beaters playing for the broncos. Could there be any credibility to the rumours. There seems to be more than the Ben teo allegations but there is something very fishy with it all. Eg. Will it affect his playing career and the timing. Therefore it would be foolish to act on the allegations until there is substantial evidence. Even if there is I'm still slightly conflicted because our team will be horrible next year (assuming no further signings) without him. Nevertheless still a no. I wonder if we would get a salary cap exemption though. If it were ever deserved it would be in such a situation.

Footballers aren't angels and every team has some types of scum on board, theres a few who have hit women and still their teams fans support them, you know Im a Raiders fan we have Joel Thompson, Sharks have Isaac Gordon, Cowboys have Lui, Titans have Bird (also the defecator Myles), Im guessing most of you cheer on Inglis come Origin so why wouldn't you do the same for Barba if this accusation is correct

Essentially. NO I'm not okay with women beaters playing for the broncos. Could there be any credibility to the rumours. There seems to be more than the Ben teo allegations but there is something very fishy with it all. Eg. Will it affect his playing career and the timing. Therefore it would be foolish to act on the allegations until there is substantial evidence. Even if there is I'm still slightly conflicted because our team will be horrible next year (assuming no further signings) without him. Nevertheless still a no. I wonder if we would get a salary cap exemption though. If it were ever deserved it would be in such a situation.

Agree with pretty much everything you've said here, even the salary cap exemption (even though Broncos management apparently were told about the issues, it'd be a harsh kick in the face to Broncos fans and doesn't seem to benefit anyone).

Respect.

**** the media! Coming out and saying it was his ex he hit despite her denying. This is pure mud raking and I hope Greenburg gets smacked hard

What do we know?

The only variable being losing your meal ticket to the fab four

Last edited by a moderator:

I love it. Everyone on here hated dugan coz he had a little rant on Twitter and then everyone was so happy we didnt sign him.

Now, barba signs with us, and allegations of being a woman beater come out (which, by the way, rumours of the exact same allegations were circling back in march when he was dropped) and all of a sudden we cant believe them, he deserves another chance, the bulldogs are the bad guys etc etc. So funny that most are saying "nothing is proven yet, lets see it out" also, yet would be all over it if he was still in a bulldogs jersey.

So many people looking through rose colour glasses on here, or a more blunt way of putting it, so many bloody hypocrites.

Last edited:

Slight difference Qlder, Dugan stuffed up during contract negotiations the other is an unsubstantiated allegation.

I love it. Everyone on here hated dugan coz he had a little rant on Twitter and then everyone was so happy we didnt sign him.

Now, barba signs with us, and allegations of being a woman beater come out (which, by the way, rumours of the exact same allegations were circling back in march when he was dropped) and all of a sudden we cant believe them, he deserves another chance, the bulldogs are the bad guys etc etc. So funny that most are saying "nothing is proven yet, lets see it out" also, yet would be all over it if he was still in a bulldogs jersey.

So many people looking through rose colour glasses on here, or a more blunt way of putting it, so many bloody hypocrites.
People also really wanted Inglis and he's the done the same shit. Thing is Dugan comes off as a **** and **** having that NSW piece of shit over here. I'd rather take a team of murderers and child abductors than sign Dugan.

Let's keep generalizations out of this thread, yeah?

I don't know what to think just yet. At the moment we have even less information than we had about Te'o. We have a photo of a woman with a bloody lip, and a statement that it was done by Barba. No police report, no witnesses that we know about.

Clearly though this was the real cause of the suspension, and I think we all had suspicions of that back then. The gambling story - then being resolved so quickly - seemed a load of crap. And this makes more sense why his partner would break up with him over it and want to leave. So while we don't have anything concrete, the story all fits together.

Does that mean the Broncos should tear up his contract? Well not yet. Not until the full circumstances of the situation are known. And it's actually heartening that the Broncos are lining up assistance for him in case he does still come.

Like Dexter I don't think a comparison to Dugan is particularly valid. Dugan was on the cusp of having a deal to sign and then he tells a fan to "off himself" on social media, when it was social media issues that led to his dismissal from Canberra in the first place. To be comparable, Barba would have to go hit someone now.

If Barba's genuinely remorseful, genuinely working to repair the damage with his relationship and whoever the alleged victim is, then I don't have a problem with him still coming.

He's not in the same league as Robert Lui (multiple assaults on his partner) and Greg Bird (a glass in the face of his partner) or Wes Naiqama (multiple assaults on his ex girlfriend). Is it acceptable to hit a woman? No. Is it forgiveable? Well that entirely depends on subsequent actions. From all I've read so far, Barba has worked hard to try and make amends.

Does that make me a bloody hypocrite? Well, I'll let Queenslander and hayseed judge that.

Slight difference Qlder, Dugan stuffed up during contract negotiations the other is an unsubstantiated allegation.

But everyone is happy to just throw all their support behind Barba and blame the media and the bulldogs for bringing this to light. If he wasnt in a broncos jersey, ppl wouldnt be backing him, thats all im saying.

Active Now

• Browny
  • sooticus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Redux
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Dexter
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky’s Left Boot
  • broncos4life
  • RolledOates
  • Wolfie
  • Redfern_1980
  • Cavalo
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • Old Mate
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.