Official - Broncos sign Darius Boyd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Rumour] - Broncos to sign Darius Boyd

Hey you nearly responded to all of what I said that time.
Oh you mean, like you usually do?

Which part about those stats being for Boyd's whole career as a fullback did you not understand? Unless you're arguing that the Dragons were a shit team... he scored a whole 13 tries in 3 years with them. :rolleyes:

FWIW I misread your post and thought you said he always does, sorry.

I don't see what is gained by calling my opinion bullshit etc. it's my opinion. I don't agree with yours all the time yet I don't call it bullshit. What really pisses me off is that if another poster said the same thing you would pull them up, yet you think it's fine for yourself to do it.

In any case I'll take my bullshit elsewhere
Oh come on, the bullshit was about the "always bit" that both you and Cult3 used. It has nothing to do with your opinion on the topic at hand, which is as valid as mine, and you know that has always been my stance!

EDIT: Bait

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh you mean, like you usually do?

Which part about those stats being for Boyd's whole career as a fullback did you not understand? Unless you're arguing that the Dragons were a shit team... he scored a whole 13 tries in 3 years with them. :rolleyes:

Oh come on, the bullshit was about the "always bit" that both you and Cult3 used. It has nothing to do with your opinion on the topic at hand, which is as valid as mine, and you know that has always been my stance!

At least, you're capable of recognising your mistake, unlike this board's defender of Wayne and Boyd's virtue... :laugh:

Yeah mate, you're one to talk about recognising mistakes. You can mouth off when you've realized how much shit you talk. I don't care about how many tries hes scored. Most tries that are scored aren't done so because of skill. I wasn't arguing how many tries he has scored. I was arguing that he can score from his own half, something that we have missed for a while, and that his Origin tries weren't all as easy as everyone so often talks about on here. But lets completely dismiss the proof that was shown and continue to carry on and repeat the same shit over and over and over and over and over again..

And the fact that the "always" bit was the only thing you responded to just proves that you don't have a legitimate response. Instead of arguing the topic, you argued a word that was used.

EDIT: Inappropriate.

Both of you really have to knock it off.

I can see both sides of the argument, what I don't like is the petty name-calling and cheap digs at one another. It isn't doing anybody any favours.

Both of you have to move on.

EDIT: Inappropriate

Now that Boyd's here, everyone should move on and accept that he is and will be a big part of the team moving forward.

Boyd may not score a whole lot of individual tries, but he sure creates a lot for others around him. With him our backs will be receiving a lot of quality ball which they have been starved of in recent seasons. He is deceptively quicker than people think, he's a strong runner and has good ball playing ability.

One thing with Boyd at the back is that if there is an opportunity to score a long range try, I'm confident Boyd will be able to go the distance. Unlike some of the other teams in the competition, we haven't had that ability for a while and none of our players in the past or even currently have the ability to score long range tries from within our own half. We just lack the speed that other teams have at their disposal.

This is the Boyd I want to see, and I believe we will see:

Now that Boyd's here, everyone should move on and accept that he is and will be a big part of the team moving forward.

Boyd may not score a whole lot of individual tries, but he sure creates a lot for others around him. With him our backs will be receiving a lot of quality ball which they have been starved of in recent seasons. He is deceptively quicker than people think, he's a strong runner and has good ball playing ability.

One thing with Boyd at the back is that if there is an opportunity to score a long range try, I'm confident Boyd will be able to go the distance. Unlike some of the other teams in the competition, we haven't had that ability for a while and none of our players in the past or even currently have the ability to score long range tries from within our own half. We just lack the speed that other teams have at their disposal.

This is the Boyd I want to see, and I believe we will see:

Some of those passes were Thurston to Boyd like. Lucky Brett Morris had Inglis inside him and had to do nothing but catch the ball. What an awkward song to put on a rugby league player highlights video though.

So, you had to go back to his Dragons days to find anything good from him at the back.

thanks for backing up what i've been saying ... he's been shit for 3 years

So, you had to go back to his Dragons days to find anything good from him at the back.

thanks for backing up what i've been saying ... he's been shit for 3 years

Fucking hell, dude. He said this is the Boyd he wants to see. Want videos of more recent highlights? Go back one page. Won't matter though, you'll still be right in your own mind.

Wow reading these threads are getting tiresome, I think its poor form to just gauge stats such as tries to record a value for a player. essentially it means very little, for example lochy was a fantastic Fullback but only broke into the teens four times in his career playing the position, but how many did he create for the team, how many did he stop, what impact did he have on those around him, how many errors, saves, miracle plays, deft kicks ect did he bring as an a overall player. Well the proof was there for all to see in both positions he played. I think Boyd is a very rounded package and look forward to seeing what he brings to the Broncos. I wish him and our team a stellar year. I think we all should.

Our backline is gonna feature names like hunt, Milford, hodges and now Boyd. Get excited *****, 2015 is going to be a good year for the broncos

Fucking hell, dude. He said this is the Boyd he wants to see. Want videos of more recent highlights? Go back one page. Won't matter though, you'll still be right in your own mind.

I'm always right ... you should know that by now.

I haven't consistently seen Boyd play as good as those highlights since 2011. sure he has shown glimpses of brilliance (not sure if thats the right word, but anyway) over the last 3 years, but they pass as quickly as they appear.

we saw glimpses of brilliance (again not sure if thats the right word, but anyway) from both Barba and Hoffman over the last couple of years, but apparently glimpses are only good enough for Boyd to be Broncos fullback, not anyone else

I haven't consistently seen Boyd play as good as those highlights since 2011.

You expect Boyd to play consistently like a highlights reel? Boy.. talk about high standards.

You expect Boyd to play consistently like a highlights reel? Boy.. talk about high standards.

i expect him to be consistently good ... not good every now and again, but shit the rest of the time (i.e like his 3 years at the Knights)

Re: Broncos sign Darius Boyd

Good to see Prince Bennett return. Will no doubt have a big few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Griffo
  • CHorse
  • Wolfie
  • lynx000
  • Mustafur
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  • Broncorob
  • davidp
  • Ondi
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jedhead
  • Thelmus
  • mitch222
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mister Wright
  • Manofoneway
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.