Official - Broncos sign Darius Boyd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Rumour] - Broncos to sign Darius Boyd

He picked Stagg that time and has already penciled Lowrie into the starting side, according to some sources.

Your sources are wrong, very wrong.

I wouldn't mind if this turns out to be true. Lowrie played at the Storm for years during the time their defense was bullet-proof. At the end of last year, we were conceding roughly 30 points a game. Let's give him a start to plug some defensive gaps. I'd put him in for Gillett - he can go back to the bench until his tackling improves.

Your sources are wrong, very wrong.

My sources are those who keep saying Bennett likes to use those sort of players, so yeah I know they're wrong.

I wouldn't mind if this turns out to be true. Lowrie played at the Storm for years during the time their defense was bullet-proof. At the end of last year, we were conceding roughly 30 points a game. Let's give him a start to plug some defensive gaps. I'd put him in for Gillett - he can go back to the bench until his tackling improves.

On the surface it might make sense, but I watched Lowrie VERY closely last year for us, towards the back end of the season the best way to describe his stints on the field were "Oh cool, he didn't really make any mistakes or let in any tries, but apart from that he did virtually nothing for 25 minutes."

He's past his prime, hence why the Warriors were desperate to get rid of him, and his defence has hit a wall as well, he's probably still a better defender than Gillett, but it wouldn't be by as much as you think.

This again :rolleyes:

Did he go with the conservative approach we he promoted khunt?

Did he go with the conservative approach when he played Sione MataUtia

What makes you think he would go the conservative option?
Yeah, Wayne never goes conservative... :laugh:

You should remove sand if we're going to have a sinful discussion about anything related to WB or Boyd.

You should remove sand if we're going to have a sinful discussion about anything related to WB or Boyd.

Every coach has gone conservative in the past. It doesn't make Bennett any different. You guys act as though he always does it which he doesn't.

What myths?

There are a couple. The one that irks me is the one that at Origin level all he has to do is just fall over the line to score his tries. It's rubbish. If you watch that clip, there's probably 2-3 times where he crosses the line untouched. For the rest of them, he either beats one defender, has to deal with the cover defense coming across or drags Blues over the line with him. That's hardly what I'd call "just falling over the line."

Boyd also showed a good turn of speed to get points. Not sure if he's as quick as Barba but certainly he's in the ball park. You don't score points from your own half if you're slow.

[MENTION=8468]Cult3[/MENTION] yes i have seen him play ... watched a bit of ESL, and i doubt he has the talent to be a consistent NRL player ... may do some good things against the lesser sides in the comp, but IMO will struggle against the top sides

@Cult3 yes i have seen him play ... watched a bit of ESL, and i doubt he has the talent to be a consistent NRL player ... may do some good things against the lesser sides in the comp, but IMO will struggle against the top sides

I hardly think that's the definition of a nuffie though.

There are a couple. The one that irks me is the one that at Origin level all he has to do is just fall over the line to score his tries. It's rubbish. If you watch that clip, there's probably 2-3 times where he crosses the line untouched. For the rest of them, he either beats one defender, has to deal with the cover defense coming across or drags Blues over the line with him. That's hardly what I'd call "just falling over the line."
its not a myth, its a fact. something like 10 of his 15 Origin tries he has run less than 15m and was untouched before he put the ball down. If you're really going to argue this, I'm not even going to bother as the evidence is clear as all day for everyone to see. He does well to always be in the right spot, but at least 75% of the time all he has to do is not drop the pass that was thrown to his chest and put it down a few metres later under little to no pressure.

Just watch this video then get back to us about it being a myth lol

Darius Boyd State Of Origin Tries 2008-2013 - YouTube

Last edited:

Oh sorry, he didn't play a guy that despite being fast and looking like a star in the 20s seems nothing more than a winger. Yep, always conservative

But at least 75% of the time all he has to do is not drop the pass that was thrown to his chest and put it down a few metres later under little to no pressure.

So if Daniel Vidot was in his place we probably would've lost the last 9 origins.

Do you think anybody has the time to go through every single example through his coaching history?

No of course not but if you want another how about Tonie Carroll, Greg Eastwood & Sam Thaiday at five eighth?

Like I said, I think it depends on the set of circumstances.

Every coach has gone conservative in the past. It doesn't make Bennett any different. You guys act as though he always does it which he doesn't.

Oh sorry, he didn't play a guy that despite being fast and looking like a star in the 20s seems nothing more than a winger. Yep, always conservative
Where did I say he always does that?

You need to start backing up your bullshit with facts, otherwise you'll just look like fools with an agenda.

Boyd also showed a good turn of speed to get points. Not sure if he's as quick as Barba but certainly he's in the ball park. You don't score points from your own half if you're slow.
You'll find that most of the people who didn't want Boyd at the club, argued against the rep status that keeps being thrown, due to the fact that he is a (very good) rep winger, not fullback, and having Inglis inside him certainly didn't hurt. I don't recall anyone arguing he wasn't a good try finisher from the wing position, stupid hyperbole excluded... :rolleyes:

On the other hand, he isn't much flash from fullback in attack, and that video doesn't contradict his below average attacking stats as a fullback, with about 5 tries per year, amongst other low ranking KPI's. I have posted those stats somewhere during this whole Boyd affair...

Last edited:

You need to start backing up your bullshit with facts, otherwise you'll just look like a fool with an agenda.

You'll find that most of the people who didn't want Boyd at the club, argued against the rep status that keeps being thrown, due to the fact that he is a (very good) rep winger, not fullback, and having Inglis inside him certainly didn't hurt. I don't recall anyone arguing he wasn't a good try finisher from the wing position, stupid hyperbole excluded... :rolleyes:

On the other hand, he isn't much flash from fullback in attack, and that video doesn't contradict his below average attacking stats as a fullback, with about 5 tries per year, amongst other low ranking KPI's. I have posted those stats somewhere during this whole Boyd affair...

Haha my agenda is pulling you guys up on your bullshit. I said you guys are acting like he always does and therefore Lowrie is a shoo-in for the spot. I don't need to show facts, I'm not going through everyones post from the hundreds and thousands that have been posted. Why would I want to when all the fucking comments are the same?

Inglis did **** all in that video. If anyone gets credit it's Thurston for drawing in a few players every time. Your try scoring stats show how shit the rest of his team was during that time? It's not a one man sport. He can't just do everything by himself. Even though a few times in the video I posted, he did.

Haha my agenda is pulling you guys up on your bullshit. I said you guys are acting like he always does and therefore Lowrie is a shoo-in for the spot. I don't need to show facts, I'm not going through everyones post from the hundreds and thousands that have been posted. Why would I want to when all the fucking comments are the same?

Inglis did **** all in that video. If anyone gets credit it's Thurston for drawing in a few players every time. Your try scoring stats show how shit the rest of his team was during that time? It's not a one man sport. He can't just do everything by himself. Even though a few times in the video I posted, he did.
You should stick to your day job mate, because you're failing miserably at this.

Those are the stats from his whole career at fullback since 2009 at the Dragons, but nice try... :laugh:

You should stick to your day job mate, because you're failing miserably at this.

Those are the stats from his whole career at fullback since 2009 at the Dragons, but nice try... :laugh:

Hey you nearly responded to all of what I said that time.

You need to start backing up your bullshit with facts, otherwise you'll just look like fools with an agenda.

FWIW I misread your post and thought you said he always does, sorry.

I don't see what is gained by calling my opinion bullshit etc. it's my opinion. I don't agree with yours all the time yet I don't call it bullshit. What really pisses me off is that if another poster said the same thing you would pull them up, yet you think it's fine for yourself to do it.

In any case I'll take my bullshit elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Big Del
  • Spike
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • eggstar10
  • Galah
  • HVbronco
  • broncsgoat
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Organix
  • Strop
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.