Official - Ivan Henjak Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Griffin will be fine.
The young players in the team has been coached by him in the under 20s at some stage

I'll have Bennett back as coaching director or some higher power but would prefer he not be Head coach of the Broncos again.

Aye, I really rate Griffen - a good balanced coach who focuses on both attack and defence, brings out the best in most players and will come up with the answers for the tough questions.

I can only assume like Rock that IH has breached his contract or he would be entitled to be payed out his 2 years. Of course we are not privvy to the details but I just can't imagine he would sign anything that would leave him open to dismissal without grounds and only 3 months severance.

Ari Gold said:
Hated as he may be, there isn't a sharper, more intelligent coach on the market than Phil Gould. He'd be a massive asset to the club.

I don't think it will happen, but if he was coach we would go very close to winning the comp IMO.

Without knowing the full story with Henjak, the only safe stance to take on the matter is a neutral one. I'm no big fan of Ivans by any means, but he wasn't given an appropriate amount of time to really make a go of it. That said, if he has lost the dressing room then it's likely his sacking was the club erring on the side of caution before the season got underway, which I can understand.

Big Pete said:
Aye, I really rate Griffen - a good balanced coach who focuses on both attack and defence, brings out the best in most players and will come up with the answers for the tough questions.

+1

Big Pete said:

Good luck to him but what would be the point if the Broncos will be trying to get a high profile coach to sign for 2012.

He's a professional coach looking to get a start, coaching the biggest club in the League is a hell of a gig even under these circumstances and given he's been around the club enough to fit in I'd say he'd be more than comfortable doing it than say an outside source.

If the reports are right about him being paid for 3 months if he shuts up, that means he must have done something in violation of his contract.

But what?

Bellamy is obviously the preferred option.
He knows how to make average players look good.
We need that.
Come on News, wield your last bit of power / influence usefully!!!

Mal can't teach them anything.
Gould is the best but he won't give up his cushy media gig at the risk of ruining his 'Supercoach' status.

Wayne?
You've got to be joking.
He is more interested in destabilising the club than helping it.
He is too snakey and insecure to return.

Terry Matterson ... Maybe.

Stuart can't because of his SOO contract.

Griffin will do fine.

white said henjak may well be back in a different capacity???

Bucking Beads said:
[quote="Big Pete":2xua9gre]Aye, I really rate Griffen - a good balanced coach who focuses on both attack and defence, brings out the best in most players and will come up with the answers for the tough questions.

Good luck to him but what would be the point if the Broncos will be trying to get a high profile coach to sign for 2012.[/quote:2xua9gre]

Who says they are?

Griffin has a lot of respect within the club, having coached a lot of our players in the under 20's who are now part of our current squad. It's been said that it's hard for players to go from NYC to NRL and actually be good in the NRL, well Griffin must've been doing something right considering the good football we've seen from Alex Glenn, Jharal Yow Yeh, Ben Hunt, Andrew McCullough, Josh McGuire and Josh Hoffman over the last few years. Plus a few other players have made a good go of it at QCup level and may find themselves on the fringes of first grade in the near future.

He has been part of the club for a while now, and has achieved some good things in that time, so I'm more than happy to see him in charge for this year and I really hope that if he puts results on the board the Broncos give him an option for an extension. But that's something to worry about later down the track.

kluppy said:

Ballboy?

The timing to announce a 'high profile' coach is critical given the 2nd Brisbane team talk.

It's amazing what it takes for some organisations to lift their buttocks off their hands.
Hopefully the powers that be will respect the Broncos brand and invest wisely in the the product.

Nashy said:
If the reports are right about him being paid for 3 months if he shuts up, that means he must have done something in violation of his contract.

But what?

No it doesn't. It basically just means the Broncos don't want everyone to see their dirty laundry, so they paid Henjak to keep his mouth shut about the shit that went down. PR control, essentially.

Besides, why would Henjak be paid off if he was the one who violated his contract? That makes no sense.

Jeba said:
Bucking Beads said:
[quote="Big Pete":17gkm81r]Aye, I really rate Griffen - a good balanced coach who focuses on both attack and defence, brings out the best in most players and will come up with the answers for the tough questions.

Good luck to him but what would be the point if the Broncos will be trying to get a high profile coach to sign for 2012.

Who says they are?

Griffin has a lot of respect within the club, having coached a lot of our players in the under 20's who are now part of our current squad. It's been said that it's hard for players to go from NYC to NRL and actually be good in the NRL, well Griffin must've been doing something right considering the good football we've seen from Alex Glenn, Jharal Yow Yeh, Ben Hunt, Andrew McCullough, Josh McGuire and Josh Hoffman over the last few years. Plus a few other players have made a good go of it at QCup level and may find themselves on the fringes of first grade in the near future.

He has been part of the club for a while now, and has achieved some good things in that time, so I'm more than happy to see him in charge for this year and I really hope that if he puts results on the board the Broncos give him an option for an extension. But that's something to worry about later down the track.[/quote:17gkm81r]

Well they should be looking to hire a quality, experienced coach for 2012.

Ari Gold said:
Nashy said:

But what?

No it doesn't. It basically just means the Broncos don't want everyone to see their dirty laundry, so they paid Henjak to keep his mouth shut about the shit that went down. PR control, essentially.

Besides, why would Henjak be paid off if he was the one who violated his contract? That makes no sense.

Why wouldn't he be paid out his 2 years if he has done nothing, is what Nashy is asking.

noisetheory said:
Raw Boned Youngster said:
kluppy said:

Ballboy?

maybe alfie is lookin to hang up the drinks bottle

yeah except if it was a player revolt, henjak would probably spike the water!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • Skathen
  • heartly87
  • bazza
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brocko
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.