Official - Ivan Henjak Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucking Beads said:
Jeba said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":2fll4acm][quote="Big Pete":2fll4acm]Aye, I really rate Griffen - a good balanced coach who focuses on both attack and defence, brings out the best in most players and will come up with the answers for the tough questions.

Good luck to him but what would be the point if the Broncos will be trying to get a high profile coach to sign for 2012.

Who says they are?

Griffin has a lot of respect within the club, having coached a lot of our players in the under 20's who are now part of our current squad. It's been said that it's hard for players to go from NYC to NRL and actually be good in the NRL, well Griffin must've been doing something right considering the good football we've seen from Alex Glenn, Jharal Yow Yeh, Ben Hunt, Andrew McCullough, Josh McGuire and Josh Hoffman over the last few years. Plus a few other players have made a good go of it at QCup level and may find themselves on the fringes of first grade in the near future.

He has been part of the club for a while now, and has achieved some good things in that time, so I'm more than happy to see him in charge for this year and I really hope that if he puts results on the board the Broncos give him an option for an extension. But that's something to worry about later down the track.[/quote:2fll4acm]

Well they should be looking to hire a quality, experienced coach for 2012.[/quote:2fll4acm]

Howcome? Wayne Bennett, Jack Gibson, Craig Bellamy, Brian Smith - all inexperienced at one point in their career.

Dexter said:
Ari Gold said:
Nashy said:
If the reports are right about him being paid for 3 months if he shuts up, that means he must have done something in violation of his contract.

But what?

No it doesn't. It basically just means the Broncos don't want everyone to see their dirty laundry, so they paid Henjak to keep his mouth shut about the shit that went down. PR control, essentially.

Besides, why would Henjak be paid off if he was the one who violated his contract? That makes no sense.

Why wouldn't he be paid out his 2 years if he has done nothing, is what Nashy is asking.

Ah, totally read it wrong. My apologies Nashy.

Still, I don't think that necessarily means there was a violation. It's really the kind of situation where I doubt you'd want the dirty laundry to be aired, perhaps from both sides point of view. Maybe Henjak is trying to salvage his reputation in the hopes of coaching again. Certainly I don't think the Broncos wanted their dirty laundry aired. Either way, I don't necessarily think it's about violations, so much as there is/was a problematic environment that neither party really wanted the whole world to know about.

Coincidence that Ricky Nixon gets front page news for getting up to funny business the same day as Ivan Henjak is sacked? Ricky Nixon is from Melbourne. Bellamy is from Melbourne. Henjak sounds suspiciously like HandJack. I spell Shenanigans! It's a dark dark day in the history of Broncos, mostly because it's storming and the cloud cover is fairly heavy... [icon_shady

---
Fair dinkum the posts I'm reading in this thread are laughable.

It's huge news. Obviously it's very bad if the Broncos are going to keep it confidential. [icon_shru

Jeba said:
Howcome? Wayne Bennett, Jack Gibson, Craig Bellamy, Brian Smith - all inexperienced at one point in their career.

And so was Henjak. <.<

Alec said:
Jeba said:

And so was Henjak. <.<

POW!!!

One thing Griffin has over Henjak is broader experience. He's coached at a number of different clubs; Henjak's entire coaching career was with the Broncos. He'd only ever worked under Bennett.

dukey said:
One thing Griffin has over Henjak is broader experience. He's coached at a number of different clubs; Henjak's entire coaching career was with the Broncos. He'd only ever worked under Bennett.

very true, I hope he has a ball tearier and coaches the Broncos well but I think we must be wary of hoping he goes ok and not looking for a coach for 2012

dukey said:

POW!!!

Dexter said:
Ari Gold said:
Nashy said:
If the reports are right about him being paid for 3 months if he shuts up, that means he must have done something in violation of his contract.

But what?

No it doesn't. It basically just means the Broncos don't want everyone to see their dirty laundry, so they paid Henjak to keep his mouth shut about the shit that went down. PR control, essentially.

Besides, why would Henjak be paid off if he was the one who violated his contract? That makes no sense.

Why wouldn't he be paid out his 2 years if he has done nothing, is what Nashy is asking.

That is exactly right - as I understand it anyway!

If the man has a 2 year contract, they can say 'you are not the coach here anymore' without reason if they want to, but they would need to continue paying him for 2 years. Is that not what we have seen at other clubs over the past years?

So to be paying him for 3 months means he has to have breached his contract somehow, and they can them terminate instantly - and have offered him 3 months in exchange for silence

We can't know of course, but what if it is about discipline not football?

What if he did a Fittler and pooped in a hotel hallway (ok not really that, but you get the point)?

The club might have wanted to sack him but not want those kind of details published

Anyway, just a thought. The main point was I think he breached his contract somehow

I'm actually shocked by this news....

I don't think it's a great thing to sack a coach shortly before the season begins.
Either way I don't rate Henjak too highly but I think he was doing a good job all things considered.

What is done is done I guess so I just hope Griffin can do a good job of it and hopefully take us to premiership glory icon_smile

Yeah, I totally misread Nashy's post.

As I said though, still not convinced there is a breach. It might even be that the whole team thought he was completely incompetent, in which case, you might, even without making a violation, be willing to take only 3 months pay in exchange for not having the club tell the whole world you are a completely useless coach, thereby hoping to save some face. Of course, it's really just speculation at both ends.

All coaches were inexperienced at the start if their career, so that's not something to hang your coat on.

As inexperienced coaches go, I like what Griffin has achieved so far, how he did it and how most players that have been coached by him like the bloke. He'll be just fine IMO, although I'm also getting mail about Bellamy on the horizon... [icon_shru

As for Henjak, it's well known that I wasn't a fan, and there was too much smoke to not be a fire, but this is a strange timing. Something must have gone very wrong and the board acted, or the board may have just been waiting for a slip up by him since the change of the (CEO) guard. Let's not forget that White and Griffin are long date pals.

Buzz lightyear must be having a good wank on the base of getting something right for the first time in his life... :roll:

Next thing you know, you'll have Inglis cancel his contract because of too much rain in Sydney and sign again for the Broncs. [icon_lol1.

Word from my tomato sauce.
Two senior players approached Paul White last week.
I won't name the players involved.

Am I right in saying Griffin has been defensive coach over the last few seasons?? Or did he only take over mid last year or something???

Big_Dave said:
Word from my tomato sauce.
Two senior players approached Paul White last week.
I won't name the players involved.

Just talk in code...

Was it D. Lockyer? No wait thats to obvious, Darren L?

One player is known to be a lazy trainer

Bucking Beads said:
Am I right in saying Griffin has been defensive coach over the last few seasons?? Or did he only take over mid last year or something???

Peter Ryan was the defensive coach, had been since 2006 before he was sacked part-way through last season.

Griffen took over in Round 6 or 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • phoenix
  • bert_lifts
  • Culhwch
  • TimWhatley
  • Socnorb
  • Big Del
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bish
  • Bucking Beads
  • IceWorks
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.