[Official] - Milford signs with Broncos

i dont believe the hype that other people put on players, just what ive seen with my own 2 eyes. from what ive seen, milford has it all over any broncos junior in our history apart from lockyer.

could he not turn out to be a superstar? sure - but not through lack of talent. itd be injury and/or attitude that stops him. the guy is a superstar in the making. i dont get excited and big note many players, but when i do i like to think im generally pretty on the money. been banging on about jake friend for over 3 years and now even meningas saying hes next in line for the QLD hooker spot. josh mcguire is another whos coming into his own 3 years later. milford has already shown 10x what those guys had shown, so id say its more likely than not that he'll kick on and be a fantastic buy.

Upshot: Milford can play out the duldrums of second year syndrome in Canberra.

Interesting when you consider he's the first "next big thing" the Broncos have ever signed on.

Folau was already established by the time he came here.

Hopefully Milford, like Folau, has a massive second year.

i dont believe the hype that other people put on players, just what ive seen with my own 2 eyes. from what ive seen, milford has it all over any broncos junior in our history apart from lockyer.

could he not turn out to be a superstar? sure - but not through lack of talent. itd be injury and/or attitude that stops him. the guy is a superstar in the making. i dont get excited and big note many players, but when i do i like to think im generally pretty on the money. been banging on about jake friend for over 3 years and now even meningas saying hes next in line for the QLD hooker spot. josh mcguire is another whos coming into his own 3 years later. milford has already shown 10x what those guys had shown, so id say its more likely than not that he'll kick on and be a fantastic buy.

What is it, apart from the highlight reel, that you see in Milford?

I've been reading the opinions of BroncosHQ members for around 10 years. I've seen a few hits, and many, many misses. Now days, anything said on here in regard to how good a player is, or will be, I take the cynical and negative approach.

Why? Because I'd held high hopes because of the glowing recommendations of people who know a lot more about football than I. He's a long time away from our club, a lot can happen next year to not only his playing ability, but his confidence.

My opinions about players are exactly that......my opinions. I don't form my opinion based on how player x is rated by the masses on internet forums. I generally try and watch the games and watch how the players go.....

Regarding Milford......I've watched bits of him in the raiders u/20's......bits of him playing in the u/20's SOO for QLD......bits of him playing in the NRL and bits of him playing in this years world cup.

Add all those bits up and every time I watch him I can't help but get excited.

I think he's going to be a superstar.

I agree with Fourex. The way he slows down when he makes a break and then accelerates again at insane speed is just crazy. He is ridiculously quick. Wonder who's quicker out of him and barba?

Let's just say that hypothetically he comes next season and the Hoff walks, how good is this:

1. Barba
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Milford
7. Hunt

Speed, X-Factor, power, creativity and spark. MMMMM!!!

If Hoff walks and we don't get the Milf:

1. Barba
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Marba
7. Hunt

Its left field for the guy in the six jumper but why not?

@badds76: Exclusive: the real story with anthony milford. His only interview in courier mail tomorrow

Doubt he will join for next year I think I read a quote from Milford saying he is committed to finishing his contract at Canberra.

BRONCOS recruit Anthony Milford says he has no plans to return to Canberra, expressing his shock at a press release that represents the final straw for his career at the Raiders.

Currently holidaying in Samoa, Milford last night spoke out to refute Canberra's claim that he will honour the final year of his deal before moving to Brisbane in 2015.

The Raiders yesterday released a statement "confirming" the Broncos-bound sensation would report for pre-season training on December 16 and see out the 2014 season.

But The Courier-Mail can reveal Milford has twice told Canberra hierarchy he has no intention of returning, even spurning a three-year, $2.1 million contract extension.

The 19-year-old insists he was not consulted about Canberra's official statement in a development that has driven a toxic wedge between Milford and the Raiders.

"The way the Raiders put things out, I was disappointed and shocked that they would do it that way," Milford said.

Boom rookie Anthony Milford says he's told Canberra he won't play for the club in 2014 | News.com.au

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.