Official: NSW Game 1 Team

Re: Official NSW 2012 Squad

Needless to say QLD will bomb the crap out of Brett Strewart.

If you had of been able to read Rock you would have realised I wasn't questioning their selection, just whether or not they'll be able to handle the heat regardless.

Every question I asked was valid.

Be interesting to see who Jennings faces. Inglis always dominates Jennings, he's had more success than Hodges but that's like saying it's better to be shot in the foot rather than the face.

Dugan did enough today, he was fantastic again.

1. Dugan
2. BMorris
3. JMorris
4. Lawrence
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Pearce (for lack of decent options)
8. Gallen
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Lewis
12. Stewart
13. Bird

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Snowden (he was fantastic last night and went ok after a crap game 1 last year)
16. Williams
17. Merrin

Dugan did enough today, he was fantastic again.

1. Dugan
2. BMorris
3. JMorris
4. Lawrence
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Pearce (for lack of decent options)
8. Gallen
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Lewis
12. Stewart
13. Bird

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Snowden (he was fantastic last night and went ok after a crap game 1 last year)
16. Williams
17. Merrin

Dugan beat Parra who are barely NSW Cup standard these days & if Stuart was banking on that performance he's in a bit of trouble.

B Moz? Seriously?

Woods >>>>>>>>>>>> Merrin
Sims >>> Williams and Creagh

Mate he beat what was in front of him, you can't do more than that. BMoz is there for lack of better options.

I think Williams would have been a good selection if not for his suspension. 8 weeks out and your first game is an Origin is a tough ask IMO.

Mate he beat what was in front of him, you can't do more than that. BMoz is there for lack of better options.

Hayne has been one of the Blues best for years, I don't understand why you'd drop him, even on one foot, for a hack like B. Moz.

I'd even have Lawrence ahead of B. Moz and I've made my thoughts on him pretty clear in the past.

Far out you talk so much shit sometimes! Stewart is actually a better chance of handling Origin with his previous injuries than Both Dugan and Hayne! Dugan is injured every 2nd week FFS. And Hayne's knee is suspect.

Jennings can beat heaps of other opposing centres, he does it in the NRL and he'll do it in Origin, he just needs the right ball to come his way, hopefully Carney/Pearce can provide that.

As for the Morris Brothers - No, it was Josh and if you've actually watched any games this year, you'll see that Josh Morris is in career best form, continiously breaking the line, finishing off tries and beating his opponents. It's a good selection. Brett Morris doesn't get a look in because Uate and Hayne are on the wing.

Farah get exposed at Origin again? Lol. He's played 2 games FFS. 1 of those games HE actually exposed QLD. The other one he didn't play well at all - However, certainly better than seeing Ennis exposed in his last 5 games for NSW.

All your other questions are somehwat valid.
I mostly agree with the squad but Woods is better than Merrin and Burher... Well Tariq Sims off the bench would have had a lot more value.

J Morris is in great form this year and is a quality centre, no qualms there. Jennings is also quality and Carney/Pearce is the best combination they can come up with. Farah did play poor in his second origin game but he played that with a shit rib and he would have learned his lesson now. They did the right thing not picking Ennis, his "grub/menace" tag is soooo overrated. Farah also strikes a good combinaton with Pearce.

Having Gallen as front rower is smart but an obvious choice. Still can't believe they chose Creagh, I can't remember all the NSW eligible backrowers but there is surely better.

I still don't think NSW has the team to match QLD but if they play to their best and all players are in form they could cause an upset. A huge benefit is having an 80 minute huge metre eater and tackling machine like Gallen, he's worth two forwards.

I just remembered... Greg Bird, he surely should have been chosen ahead of Craegh. He is just a better player and is always good for NSW.

I just remembered... Greg Bird, he surely should have been chosen ahead of Craegh. He is just a better player and is always good for NSW.

He was picked :P

I dont know about Creagh and Buhrer. And Williams has lost too much action in my opinion.

He was picked :P

Oh damn, I'm getting blind :P Ok well even Watmough would have been a better option than Craegh.

Buhrer is Steve Menzies jnr IMO, could be a great player for NSW in the future.

I don't know too much about footy, but my instant thought was that was a side that could beat qld. they finally got the halves right for the first time in ages.

Great too see Carney get picked. I don't mind this side as the spine is better then last years. I was critical of Mitchell Pearce a few weeks ago but he has fired since City-Country game. Good luck boys and go Todd.

Some people are counting their chickens early; Carney/Pearce is the best halves combo NSW could have picked. Farrah is easily the best 9, Uate is a monster, Borris great form, Jayne always plays well for NSW, Jennings great speed & B Stewart is quality on his worst day & has experience.

Gallen will lead from the front, Lewis & Watmong were always going to be picked.

A few other selections are debatable but that squad is very competitive. And never underestimate the enthusiasm & mongrel that debutants bring to SoO. This could be am ambush!

I don't think T Williams' lack of game time will count against him. He's still been training full time but without the payoff of a game; he'll be fresh and absolutely rabid to get out there and have a go. I think he'll be very dangerous.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • barker
  • bb_gun
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Culhwch
  • mitch222
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Gaz
  • RolledOates
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Jazza
  • broncsgoat
  • azza.79
  • NSW stables
  • Jedhead
  • KickHaas
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.