OFFICIAL: QLD MAROONS GAME 1 - TEAM

U

uji

QCup Player
Mar 16, 2008
Re: QLD 2011

Need I remind you of 2006? Hello? Adam Mogg turns into origin mega-star by levitating over the tryline.

Different side back in those days...

Beware the underdog caintoad!

Queenslander!!!!!!!!!

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I would have started Hannant at 10, and played Taylor in his spot. Dropping Civo.

I'll don the flame suit now. He's too old. Move forward. Hannant / Taylor would go just as well as Civo / Hannant. If not better, and for longer stints.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Taylor didn't get picked because he's seen as a liability with the mistakes he makes .... Mal virtually said so at the press conference.

Civo deserves his spot .... this'll probably be his last origin series anyway, but he'll still deliver icon_thumbs_u

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Yep this is Civo's swan song and he hasn't been a liability at all for Penrith.

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
In a weird sort of way, I'm kind of glad that QLD has lost a few of it's strike weapons in the backs, and is maybe down a little bit in forward strength as well. It will make the game a lot more interesting in my opinion.

I actually hope that NSW win one of the first 2 games so it goes to a decider. Given how long it's been since NSW won a series, it would be a bit boring if QLD has the series sewn up by game 3.

I hope QLD still win the series, but I think it will be a lot closer than people were expecting a month or so ago.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I can't understand how any passionate qld fan can EVER hope nsw win a game. Blasphemy!!

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
OXY-351 said:
In a weird sort of way, I'm kind of glad that QLD has lost a few of it's strike weapons in the backs, and is maybe down a little bit in forward strength as well. It will make the game a lot more interesting in my opinion.

I actually hope that NSW win one of the first 2 games so it goes to a decider. Given how long it's been since NSW won a series, it would be a bit boring if QLD has the series sewn up by game 3.

I hope QLD still win the series, but I think it will be a lot closer than people were expecting a month or so ago.

I would rather win the first 2 and then let NSW win the last one to give them a faint glimmer of false hope.

If GI and Hodges were FTP we would be at Black Caviar like odds.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
QUEENSLANDER said:
I can't understand how any passionate qld fan can EVER hope nsw win a game. Blasphemy!!

+1

I will still be watching origin in 10 years when we've won 15 in a row and I'll get super excited a week out and I'll be watching every game hoping we win by 50. I'll be telling my children and grandchildren about how it feels to wake up after losing an Origin game, and wish them the best that they never have to experience that feeling ever.

QUEENSLANDER!

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
QUEENSLANDER said:

This. I don't give a **** if it's "predictable", "too one sided", "more exciting", "blah blah blah". **** the Blues, I want to flog them in every game, in every year.

If they want to win, field a decent team. Fuckin. BRING IT!

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
QUEENSLANDER said:

I guess I just like watching ineteresting games/series. Sure it's great for your team to flog the other team, but I find it a bit boring when the result is almost expected.

If the current QLD team hadn't had a clean sweep yet, I'd be hoping they did this series, but they have now, and have been dominant for 5 years now.

With a few QLD players out, and NSW brining in a lot of new faces, it's going to make for a very interesting series. I just think it will be one of the closer series for the last few years, that's all.

As I said, I still hope QLD win, but I just hope the games are close and interesting.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
I will feel bad for Gallen that after NSW lose the first game he will be dropped as captain.

I like Gallen he is a damn good player.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
That won't happen unless Gidley comes back into the starting side.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Hope so, But NSW are pretty bad with how they treat their players in general.

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
draggx said:
Hope so, But NSW are pretty bad with how they treat their players in general.

But this is the start of a new era, apparently..

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Mister Wright said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

+1

I will still be watching origin in 10 years when we've won 15 in a row and I'll get super excited a week out and I'll be watching every game hoping we win by 50. I'll be telling my children and grandchildren about how it feels to wake up after losing an Origin game, and wish them the best that they never have to experience that feeling ever.

QUEENSLANDER!
+10000

I will never ever forget tuning in on my 20th birthday back in 2000 and seeing NSW throw that Grenade.

They threw that Grenade RIGHT INTO MY SOUL. And I will never get over it. 6 wins in a row might help appease the pain, but it will never cure it. I am Brett Stewart and NSW is David Gallop.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • BroncosAlways
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • sooticus
  • Jedhead
  • Skyblues87
  • Rowdy124
  • Culhwch
  • Fatboy
  • barker
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • Hoof Hearted
  • ozzball
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.