[Official] Smith re-signs with the Storm

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Cameron Smith to Brisbane Broncos deal: coup or crazy? | The Roar

according to this bloke, it's a sure thing for 2015. 1.5 mil a season including the 550k marquee allowance so we are forking up 950k a season

So we're spending our entire marquee allowance on one player??? What a joke.

How long until Morkel makes a team logo for this....

I have to do the BHQ one first. I need a new maroon crayon first, my good one's almost all the way through and the logo needs to look schmick.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
I have to do the BHQ one first. I need a new maroon crayon first, my good one's almost all the way through and the logo needs to look schmick.

Crayons huh? I take it you were also commisioned to design the new Panthers logo? Looks like it was done with crayons

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Smith could win us multiple premierships too; as coach :)

B

brodster_1

BRL Player
Jul 2, 2013
Just a thought but if Smithy came would he play five eighth and macca stay at 9? then mentor macca like on a 2 year deal and then after 2 years taylor (or an up and coming rookie) would slid into there following his retirement. Just a wild theory but possible as i think smith played five eighth at storm for a small period there and could potentially solve our halves problems

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Just a thought but if Smithy came would he play five eighth and macca stay at 9? then mentor macca like on a 2 year deal and then after 2 years taylor (or an up and coming rookie) would slid into there following his retirement. Just a wild theory but possible as i think smith played five eighth at storm for a small period there and could potentially solve our halves problems
I'm sure others will come up with reasons why this sucks , but I don't mind it. Playing in 6 would also lessen his work load in defence.

X

xratedrattice

NYC Player
Oct 17, 2013
i hate the idea of mccullough leaving because of buying smith though,, macca could be a 300 game bronco at this rate and will only get better with age and experience... if we have a million bucks to spend on someone it really should be DCE

xo-stephy-ox

xo-stephy-ox

U18 Player
May 5, 2013
I love the thought of Cameron Smith playing for the Broncos, but I hate the thought of losing our juniors and paying someone from another club a ridiculous amount of money so they have a lush retirement pretty much. Stick with developing our juniors, I rate Macca and I can only see him getting better next year with some attacking players around him. DCE should be priority over Cameron Smith in my opinion.

P

Patto

BRL Player
Nov 3, 2013
I love the thought of Cameron Smith playing for the Broncos, but I hate the thought of losing our juniors and paying someone from another club a ridiculous amount of money so they have a lush retirement pretty much. Stick with developing our juniors, I rate Macca and I can only see him getting better next year with some attacking players around him. DCE should be priority over Cameron Smith in my opinion.

Smith is a champion but I 100% agree with this.

History has shown players turned coaches cannot achieve success coaching players they have played alongside... I'm thinking of Fitler or that Brisbane Lions dude in recent history.

Hopefully ruling out Melbourne meaning he begin his coaching career up hear... Griffin Walters Smith sounds pretty promising team to me.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Smiths immediate "retirement" career will be in the media IMO

Active Now

• Galco
  • ChewThePhatt
  • RodF
  • Bucking Beads
  • Scorchie
  • Lostboy
  • Strop
  • Foordy
  • bazza
  • broncos4life
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mieko
  • Fatboy
  • Waynesaurus
  • thenry
  • Big Del
  • Hoof Hearted
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.