Origin 1

However Wing needs far more minutes if your circus is a chance in Sydney.

Queensland were great for the most part, but I was getting quite frustrated when we took our foot off the pedal and dropped the intensity. IMO we should have put on another 20 points lol, when we play well we are so awesome.
Petero, Harrison (this bloke is ridiculously underrated), Myles, Inglis and Slater were standouts for me, great work from all of them. For game 2 Tonga needs to come in for Hodges. Leave the team alone as much as possible.

NSW played well in patches but their lack of experience cost them in the end IMO. They really lifted when Wing came on. He should be coming on at the end of the first half as well as early into the 2nd. For the next game, Gallen needs to come in for Laffranchi, Poore needs to start, Monaghan in for McManus and they need to find another prop for Kite..... did he even play last night? lol

QLD need to tighten up a bit and improve, but NSW really have some work to do if they want to win this series now. It will take a huge effort.

My main concern is still the fact that in the last 20 minutes, we were only make 35 - 40m with our sets and thats with 20m made by civo and price! That is pathetic. Luckily thurston saved us with his kicking game, but civo and price wont be there forever. Hannant and thaiday need to step up or be dropped.

Defense on the right hand side (hunt, lockyer, folau) was also piss weak. Tightened up in the 2nd half, but in the first half creagh was just going nuts out there.

In the end, didnt matter, felt like QLD knew wat they had to do to win, and did it when it was needed.

QUEENSLANDER said:
My main concern is still the fact that in the last 20 minutes, we were only make 35 - 40m with our sets and thats with 20m made by civo and price! That is pathetic. Luckily thurston saved us with his kicking game, but civo and price wont be there forever. Hannant and thaiday need to step up or be dropped.

Defense on the right hand side (hunt, lockyer, folau) was also piss weak. Tightened up in the 2nd half, but in the first half creagh was just going nuts out there.

In the end, didnt matter, felt like QLD knew wat they had to do to win, and did it when it was needed.

Agree with all that. And if Queensland tighten up those couple of areas, then New South Wales is going to have to find something monumental to beat them.

Hammoz said:
- Even if the pass went forward with 'momentum" (lolz, :roll: ) then it is a knock on.

How so? I thought passes could drift forward through momentum as long as the pass was technically passed backwards initially.

Yeah, Hammo's 100% wrong. It doesn't matter if it "Drifts forward" and touches the ground rather than be caught, a pass is a pass is a pass. If it's disposed of with control, it's not a knock on.

Hammoz said:
My thoughts;

-
- Slater's passing game was sensational and none of you have even mentioned it, even though one pass lead to a try and 3 lead to line breaks. I'm sorry BHQ, I don't want to sour the thread by bringing it up again, but with Slater there, there is no room or need for Hunt in the team. The only option to keep him is to move Falou to centre and Hunt to wing, however Hunt's defense on the right side was a weak point all game.

-- I love Queensland.

- Gidley should have necked himself. Best.Captain's knock.Ever.

- Hayne's foot was out.

- Even if the pass went forward with 'momentum" (lolz, :roll: ) then it is a knock on.

- I would pay money to see someone hurt Bellamy.

I agree Hammo If Slater is going to start the match then QLD need to find a more adequate utility. The only reason Hunt should be selected is if he is going to start the game at fullback with Slater coming off the bench.

Beads6 said:
Hammoz said:
My thoughts;

-
- Slater's passing game was sensational and none of you have even mentioned it, even though one pass lead to a try and 3 lead to line breaks. I'm sorry BHQ, I don't want to sour the thread by bringing it up again, but with Slater there, there is no room or need for Hunt in the team. The only option to keep him is to move Falou to centre and Hunt to wing, however Hunt's defense on the right side was a weak point all game.

-- I love Queensland.

- Gidley should have necked himself. Best.Captain's knock.Ever.

- Hayne's foot was out.

- I would pay money to see someone hurt Bellamy.

I agree Hammo If Slater is going to start the match then QLD need to find a more adequate utility. The only reason Hunt should be selected is if he is going to start the game at fullback with Slater coming off the bench.

Like who exactly? Having another hooker on the bench would just create problems IMO. It's very difficult to get that gameplan to work (hooker off the bench) as it upsets the balance of control and organisation. Hunt can fill in to fullback, wing or even center and the backrow. If we had another player like Berrigan then he would obviously be the best choice for utility but in the meantime, Hunt works fine. IMO the only other option would be to scrap the 'utility', bring in Costigan and use Harrison or Costigan in the centers should we have an injury problem.

Hunt is our best utility option ATM. IMO, Smith needs to stay on the feild for the full 80 so there is no point bring in another hooker on the bench. Hunt can be used in the back row, wing, center, fullback and in the halves. (yes, i know he struggled there in game 1, 2008. but if one of our halve went down we could still use him there because of his versitilty)

Foordy said:
Hunt is our best utility option ATM. IMO, Smith needs to stay on the feild for the full 80 so there is no point bring in another hooker on the bench. Hunt can be used in the back row, wing, center, fullback and in the halves. (yes, i know he struggled there in game 1, 2008. but if one of our halve went down we could still use him there because of his versitilty)

That's right, as we saw perfectly well when something bad went down, Hunt was there to pick up the pieces and help hold us together, regardless of which back (or second rower for that matter) goes down, Hunt would be able to fill that void (maybe not Thurston...), and as proved on Wednesday, that safety net is so invaluable to have.

I guess it's playing a bit defensive having him in the side as a safety net, but as we won game 1, we can afford to play defensively.

WTF game were the NSW players watching? They voted Kurt Gidley thier players' player.

Maybe Queenslands best player, he was useless.

got a new face palm pic lol

l_42a27384b9734a9999859d4a09835f34.jpg

Hahahah Gidley. That's hilarious.

Makes me feel a little bit better everytime I see those pictures or hear how worked up they are getting about Haynes no try. Classic stuff :P

I like GIdley a lot so I feel bad for him. I would have been much more at ease at game's end if it had been Hayne. Fucking cheating diver ****.

Steve said:
I like GIdley a lot so I feel bad for him. I would have been much more at ease at game's end if it had been Hayne. **** cheating diver ****.

I know what you mean tbh, Gidley seems like a decent bloke and he is a great player. However it's hard to feel bad for anyone in that jersey [icon_razz1

Scotty said:
Steve said:
I like GIdley a lot so I feel bad for him. I would have been much more at ease at game's end if it had been Hayne. **** cheating diver ****.

I know what you mean tbh, Gidley seems like a decent bloke and he is a great player. However it's hard to feel bad for anyone in that jersey [icon_razz1

That's right, he seems okay - but he's a blue and he had a shocking last 10 - his pain looks so deep in that pic :D

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.