Origin 2014 Chat

As much as I love McGuire, I'd be picking Lawrence because he is the leader of a pretty average pack at Manly and does his job in attack and defense so well. Plus he is very, very quick for a prop. Also think we need someone with speed off the bench who can support every play late in both halves, for me that's Milford.

What a great win against all odds, playing against the Qld team is tough enough but when the refs trying to keep them in the game its near impossible.

I'm not sure if it's been pointed out to you yet just how much of a **** you are

....sooo, just in case it hasn't

You are a ****.

I regret nothing, Cronk is passed it anyway as are Smith and Slater.

What a great win against all odds, playing against the Qld team is tough enough but when the refs trying to keep them in the game its near impossible.

Biggest 50/50 call of the game was haynes try and nsw got that so u cant complain

I'm not really that upset. We've come back from this position numerous times, and arguably last night was the worst of all those occasions, based on injuries & playing below our potential. But probably the main reason is because we were gifted numerous repeat sets at the end there that I'll admit were blatantly wrong. Back in '06, our GF win sat just a little uneasy because we got the benefit of a few tough calls. They were 50/50 mind you, but we were good enough to make the most of it. Last night's calls were just dead wrong. And can you imagine the stink that NSW would have put on had we won it after the siren? I couldn't cop that. When we win (not if), I want it to be black and white, genuine win, we were the better team & NSW have no excuses. Bring on Origin 2.

What an awesome game. Origin never disappoints, and always produces such a close result.

2 tries a piece, QLD had plenty of chances to win it. Well done to NSW to hold QLD out.

NSW won it in defence. That's a huge positive they will take away from the game.

Game 2, the theatre, the drama, DCE out for redepmtion after a proper buildup in the 7.

Who wears the 14 for Game 2 - Friend? Ballin? Milford? Hunt :o_o:?

Odds on Friend I suppose as 18th man, covers Smith, either halves (Smith would have to drop to 7 though, which is probably not desirable for Qld structure).

Jarryd Hayne. I've always considered him one of the best players in the world but he's always copped shit for being overratted, especially by QLDers. On form he is the best player in the world this year.

Who would you guys consider to be QLD 3rd pick halfback and 2nd pick 5/8 (hypothetically if both Coops and DCE/Thursto were unavailable)?

Jarryd Hayne. I've always considered him one of the best players in the world but he's always copped shit for being overratted, especially by QLDers. On form he is the best player in the world this year.

Who would you guys consider to be QLD 3rd pick halfback and 2nd pick 5/8 (hypothetically if both Coops and DCE/Thursto were unavailable)?

Mostly because the guy is hyped so much and is never on form. He had a good game last night and a few throughout the season and now he's the new commentators SBW. All we heard last night was Hayne this, Hayne that, blah blah blah. NRL commentators are really bad at their jobs.

Mostly because the guy is hyped so much and is never on form. He had a good game last night and a few throughout the season and now he's the new commentators SBW. All we heard last night was Hayne this, Hayne that, blah blah blah. NRL commentators are really bad at their jobs.

Meh, Hayne deserved the praise last night, he was immense. That break he made when NSW were getting smashed on their line set after set was a special play. Without Hayne NSW do not win that game.

So much complaining about commentators lately. The commentators play to the the average fan, not people like us that watch every game and have knowledge and opinions of every player. They blow smoke up the backsides of the star players because thats who people know.

He hasnt been at his peak the last few years but he's still been outstanding and consistent. I feel like you don't watch Parra games. He's had more than a few good games this season. No single player has had as much impact as him this year, and he always plays well against us at Origin.

Thats all you heard because he was playing out of his skin.

I regret nothing, Cronk is passed it anyway as are Smith and Slater.

814803_zps02a0989a.gif

Meh, Hayne deserved the praise last night, he was immense. That break he made when NSW were getting smashed on their line set after set was a special play. Without Hayne NSW do not win that game.

So much complaining about commentators lately. The commentators play to the the average fan, not people like us that watch every game and have knowledge and opinions of every player. They blow smoke up the backsides of the star players because thats who people know.

He played well, I'm not denying that at all.

He hasnt been at his peak the last few years but he's still been outstanding and consistent. I feel like you don't watch Parra games. He's had more than a few good games this season. No single player has had as much impact as him this year, and he always plays well against us at Origin.

Thats all you heard because he was playing out of his skin.

Love how one response says I watch every game (Which I do) and this one says I don't watch Eels games. I have watched every game, almost twice since 2013. And before then I watched most games. He has not been consistent. Not at all.

If Josh Morris is out for game two then GI should have a lot more impact. I rate Watmough, so having him out and directly replaced with Bird is an even swap for mine: it would have been worse if they were both playing. If Bird plays 5/8, as some are suggesting in other forums, then I will put a grand on QLD to win it. I still don't think the halves did much last night for NSW, they would have won even with Pearce and Maloney due to Hayne carrying backline moves and taking on long range kicking duties, but surely he can't do it all again.

I've always rated Hayne as one of the most freakishly talented players I've ever seen and it was no surprise too see him play a blinder last night as he always excels for NSW and Australia.

I felt during 2011-2013 his problem was his teammates who the majority were park players and not up to NRL standard therefore he had to do everything on his own. This year he is playing behind a pack making meters, a good hooker and halves that are in form. From the Eels games I've seen he has been their main standout player.

Brent Read ‏@brentread_7 2m
Josh Reynolds has just confirmed he is fighting charge at judiciary tonight

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Jazza
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Browny
  • The Don
  • Santa
  • Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Justwin
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • Rookie Alan
  • Totally Unr3al
  • lynx000
  • Broncosgirl
  • Financeguy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • kman
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.