OFFICIAL ORIGIN: QLD WINS. HOORAY. NOW LET'S GET BACK TO THE FOOTY

Since we're coming into Origin season, we might like to think about how it's going to affect our playing roster and recovery time. Here is the schedule, and how it will impact us.

IMPACTROUNDDATEOPPONENT
Missing players17Sunday, July 10Dragons
Origin 3Wednesday, July 13
Backing up: 3 days18Saturday, July 16Titans

We have 2 remaining games to be affected by representative matches:

Dragons in Round 17
Broncos missing
Kurt Capewell
Corey Oates
Selwyn Cobbo
Patty Carrigan
Tommy Flegler (replacement)

Dragons missing
Ben Hunt

Titans in Round 18
Broncos possibly resting
Corey Oates
Kurt Capewell
Selwyn Cobbo
Patty Carrigan

Titans possibly resting
Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

ORIGIN 3 SQUAD : QLD

Kurt Capewell
Selwyn Cobbo
Pat Carrigan
Corey Oates
Tommy Flegler (18th man)

NSW ORIGIN 3: NSW
No Broncos

I hope Staggs plays well, but we just play better. But yea hope Hass has 50 errors, and makes -10 metres.
I hope Staggs drops the ball 15 times and gets bundled into touch just as many times. I love ‘em when they wear a Broncos’ jersey and hate ‘em when they put on the sky blue one.

Just like I couldn’t stand Slater, Smith and co. when wearing that awful purple, but chuck a Maroons’ jersey on and the love flowed.

I hope Staggs drops the ball 15 times and gets bundled into touch just as many times. I love ‘em when they wear a Broncos’ jersey and hate ‘em when they put on the sky blue one.

Just like I couldn’t stand Slater, Smith and co. when wearing that awful purple, but chuck a Maroons’ jersey on and the love flowed.

I don't care too much whether they play well or not, I am happy for them to represent their state, I just hope they come back healthy

I hope Staggs scores 6 tries and Payne runs for 3000m but they still lose. That way their confidence isn't down but NSW lose, so it's a win win for Qld/Broncos.

I've always been a fan of Tom and felt there was a good player in there. IMO he got given a raw deal in an absolute dumpster fire of a team and never really had a platform to show what he could do. Was pitched in and expected to turn the entire team around, which is ridiculous when you think about it.

A clean break was probably the best thing for Tommy and it's starting to show now.

Broncos didn't want to throw him in that early. Walters wanted him to learn in Q Cup. It was through his own impatience that he wanted a shot in first grade, he was given the chance to sink or swim, we know which one happened. Cows were happy to compromise their (already dead) 2021 season and give him the starting spot in order to lure him there.

Broncos didn't want to throw him in that early. Walters wanted him to learn in Q Cup. It was through his own impatience that he wanted a shot in first grade, he was given the chance to sink or swim, we know which one happened. Cows were happy to compromise their (already dead) 2021 season and give him the starting spot in order to lure him there.
I think there is a difference between throwing someone in mid season with the team in absolute shambles and expecting him to turn it all around, compared to someone getting a chance to develop not surrounded by a constant media shitstorm about how bad we/he/the coach/the team/the club/the tea ladies are.

Plus, he's learning from a senior in Chad. Chad mightn't be the greatest player to ever lace a boot but he's clearly a calming influence and allowing Dearden to be confident enough to do this thing. We had Milf next to Dearden at times. Huge difference. Dearden might've been the same player here that he is at the Cows with Reynolds next to him, but we'll never know for sure.

Kinda glad Oates didn't make it. Doesn't need the wear and tear on his body just when he's looking in great shape for us.

It's a lot easier for Cobbo to back up at his age.

Queensland team for Game One​

1. Kalyn Ponga (Newcastle Knights)
  2. Selwyn Cobbo (Brisbane Broncos)
  3. Valentine Holmes (North Queensland Cowboys)
  4. Dane Gagai (Newcastle Knights)
  5. Xavier Coates (Melbourne Storm)
  6. Cameron Munster (Melbourne Storm)
  7. Daly Cherry-Evans, capt. (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles)
  8. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui (Gold Coast Titans)
  9. Ben Hunt (St. George-Illawarra Dragons)
  10. Josh Papalii (Canberra Raiders)
  11. Kurt Capewell (Brisbane Broncos)
  12. Felise Kaufusi (Melbourne Storm)
  13. Reuben Cotter (North Queensland Cowboys)
  14. Harry Grant (Melbourne Storm)
  15. Lindsay Collins (Sydney Roosters)
  16. Patrick Carrigan (Brisbane Broncos)
  17. Jeremiah Nanai (North Queensland Cowboys)
  18. Thomas Dearden (North Queensland Cowboys)
  19. Jai Arrow (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
  20. Thomas Flegler (Brisbane Broncos)
  21. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (North Queensland Cowboys)
  22. Murray Taulagi (North Queensland Cowboys)
So Slater has picked every QLD eligible player possible from the storm?

Coates should not be there over Oates. Corey has run for twice the amount of meters as him and. Over double the tackle busts.

I feel sorry for the big fella. Hope he doesn't feel too hard done by. absolutely been loving what he's bringing this year for us.

Coates should not be there over Oates. Corey has run for twice the amount of meters as him and. Over double the tackle busts.

I feel sorry for the big fella. Hope he doesn't feel too hard done by. absolutely been loving what he's bringing this year for us.
It appears he has. I was expecting Coates to be a lock. He's the incumbent, and leading QLD-eligible tryscorer. Not really that controversial. Oates was only ever an outside chance.

Don't forget Oates father in law picks the team. He hasn't been dudded by Slater.

Coates is a winter Oates, they need to play Origin at the end of the season.

Eh, less origin players we have the better. Going to really test us over the next month or so. May lose some games we would have easily won otherwise. Hope reynolds is fit, at least he should be able to keep us in the contests for the most part. If not we're screwed.

Added to OP: there are also 3 internationals being played on Saturday June 25. That's a week away from our Cowboys match, so we shouldn't be affected - unless there are suspensions or injuries.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.