Our new halfback should be

I did . He got let go by manly and dogs , and how many games did he play for the blues. Good kicking game but is not what you would call a very good halfback. He is also getting on , we want a half pairing for a good 5 years

He didn't get "got rid of" by the Dogs. He was offered a massive deal by the Knights after his excellent club form and subsequent SOO selection (and arguably winning plays).

He wasn't released by Manly for poor form either, it was to accommodate DCE.

He is exactly the type of player we need. If he gets over his injuries, which is not guaranteed. Cool head, focused, does all the little things right so that his halves partner can take advantage.

Milf will be a game manager at some point... You can tell he can read a game well,his game management will come with more experience. So I'm hoping Kodi takes this opportunity and runs with it... if not Bird will be in the 6.(we're paying him to much as a centre anyway)

I'd say he lost confidence for a good period of time

I wouldn't exactly say that.

He wasn't playing like he was lacking confidence at the start of the 2008 season, then just got better as the season went on.

He didn't get "got rid of" by the Dogs. He was offered a massive deal by the Knights after his excellent club form and subsequent SOO selection (and arguably winning plays).

He wasn't released by Manly for poor form either, it was to accommodate DCE.

He is exactly the type of player we need. If he gets over his injuries, which is not guaranteed. Cool head, focused, does all the little things right so that his halves partner can take advantage.

He was moved on by dogs because of mbye and Reynolds. He is the type of player we want but he isn't the player we should chase.

LG was rested this week as he didnt train at all due to some niggling injuries.

Out of all the players I've seen train at the Titans over the past few yrs Elgey is without a doubt the most skillful ball player the Titans have. He's been roughing it out over the first few weeks in a injury riddled team and if he can get back in with this stronger lineup we'll see the best out of him

Last edited:
I wouldn't exactly say that.

He wasn't playing like he was lacking confidence at the start of the 2008 season, then just got better as the season went on.

He even came out and said it himself. It may not have looked that way because he was so good.

He's been roughing it out in a depleted Titans side to start the yr and now the Tits get some players back everyone looks stronger and he's not there to capitalize on it.
Elgey wasnt dumped this week
LG was rested this week as he didnt train at all due to some niggling injuries.

Out of all the players I've seen train at the Titans over the past few yrs Elgey is without a doubt the most skillful ball player the Titans have. He's been roughing it out over the first few weeks in a injury riddled team and if he can get back in with this stronger lineup we'll see the best out of him

And this is why Bennett will target both him and Taylor imo either one will be good for milf

He was moved on by dogs because of mbye and Reynolds. He is the type of player we want but he isn't the player we should chase.

Yeah, salary cap constraints meant they couldn't afford to re-sign him, not because he was unwanted.

I agree we shouldn't "chase" him, as in get in a bidding war because the Knights want to offload him, but considering his form he shouldn't be fielding massive offers, and now that he's experienced everything the Knights have to "offer", perhaps a call from Bennett might put some things in perspective.

83d6eed5086fff85ec33cbc5c8d6103c.gif

He's the type of player we want......but isn't the player we should chase?

The **** did I just read?

83d6eed5086fff85ec33cbc5c8d6103c.gif

He's the type of player we want......but isn't the player we should chase?

The **** did I just read?

You obviously can't read ! He is the type!!! Of player we want ( kicking game, game manager) but he isn't the one we should chase! Comprende amigo!!

You obviously can't read ! He is the type!!! Of player we want ( kicking game, game manager) but he isn't the one we should chase! Comprende amigo!!
You realise you didn't explain yourself, you just repeated what you said.

Let me get you started ...

If he is the type of player we should be chasing, then why isn't he the one we should be chasing?

If he is the type of player we should be chasing, then why isn't he the one we should be chasing?

He wants someone with the style of Hodkinson but doesn't want the man himself for some undisclosed reason.

I can read at a year 2 level thank you very much.

The fact is, your post made very little sense. He's the type of player we want but not the player we should chase.........I don't know about you but I'm of the opinion that we should only chase the types of player that we want.

Poking fun at your post aside, I'm assuming you meant he's what we need but there are other/better options we should be going for? I agree, there are better options out there that we should be making enquiries about....but we may not get them so ignoring Hodkinson would be a mistake. I wouldn't want to pay too much for him or get into a bidding war but if he is out of favour, he's worth looking at.

Because he has ongoing injuries , his age and he will cost to much. I also don't rate him outside his kicking game.

No to Hodkinson. All he offers is a kicking game. Ill take my chances with Milf and Kodi to develop one to go with the rest of their skills which Hodkinson has none of.
I think the evolution of Andrew McCullough will be complete next year with the kicking game.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Aldo
  • Fitzy
  • Strop
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mustafur
  • armchair
  • Broncosgirl
  • mrtij
  • broncoscope
  • heartly87
  • Bish
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Behold
  • Sproj
  • bert_lifts
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.