Our new halfback should be

Kane Elgy and Trent Hodkinson both dropped this week. That's two potential targets on the cheap, especially if their current club would pay part of their salary.
No thanks. Both showed some promise at a point but they are hugely out of form. I don't think Elgey is going to live up to expectations.

No thanks. Both showed some promise at a point but they are hugely out of form. I don't think Elgey is going to live up to expectations.

He is coming back from a serious injury and playing in a bottom dwelling team . He has all the skills to be great.

So with Bird arriving does that mean Benny has given up on Taylor?

I think we all have

It's been mentioned by a reliable source that he isn't to confident, but Taylor still calls Bennett. He also stated that Bennett hasn't spoken of his communication with Taylor , so all is not lost.

Not yet apparently, seems to be taking an unusually long time to sort out

Well, with Bird signed on big money, and we are looking to sign Roberts for a long time, should I, or we, be worried that we haven't signed Milf yet. I would have thought he was our 1st priority

Well, with Bird signed on big money, and we are looking to sign Roberts for a long time, should I, or we, be worried that we haven't signed Milf yet. I would have thought he was our 1st priority

My guess is there are other factors holding things up, like TPA's.

I remember it took a long time to re-sign Thaiday in 2015 because of other factors that needed the NRL's involvement.

I'm not worried. Milford wants to stay, and we want to keep him. Plus his family is here.

To echo previous comments, Elgey is coming back off a knee reconstruction. They are notoriously two year injuries. One year to get back and then one year playing and gaining confidence. The same thing happened to Lockyer.

If the Titans were to offload Elgey, we should snap him up quick smart.

Elgey would be nice, but I'm still holding out hope on Newcastle getting rid of Hodko, who seems to be on the outer, for a ridiculous price.

He's been in horrid form, but if (when) Bennett can get him back to his best he's almost the perfect foil for Milford and our team in general.

Elgey would be nice, but I'm still holding out hope on Newcastle getting rid of Hodko, who seems to be on the outer, for a ridiculous price.

He's been in horrid form, but if (when) Bennett can get him back to his best he's almost the perfect foil for Milford and our team in general.

No thanks to hodko

To echo previous comments, Elgey is coming back off a knee reconstruction. They are notoriously two year injuries. One year to get back and then one year playing and gaining confidence. The same thing happened to Lockyer.

If the Titans were to offload Elgey, we should snap him up quick smart.

Locky was able to produce magic consistently when he came back.

It affected his speed but that's about the only real negative impact it had on him.

Hodko has been battling a chronic knee issue. That's why his form and confidence has been down.

Not sure I would want him unless he can recover and get back to 100%. If he can, maybe.

His kicking and goal kicking would be a huge asset. Especially his field goal ability.

Care to expand, Did you not see him at Bulldogs, Manly and him playing for the Blues

I did . He got let go by manly and dogs , and how many games did he play for the blues. Good kicking game but is not what you would call a very good halfback. He is also getting on , we want a half pairing for a good 5 years

The blues really do beggar belief imo. They win 2014 with Hodkinson and Reynolds in the halves. So what do they do? Get rid of them.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Cavalo
  • ezpz
  • marw
  • Broncorob
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncsgoat
  • jarro65
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • RodF
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Tim K
  • azza.79
  • Strop
  • lynx000
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.