Our new halfback should be

What has birds signing got to do with loosing someone that isn't close to first grade ? If a quality signing gets players nises out of joint, then they need a reality check. You need good players to win , simple!

This.

If they were a recent premiership winning outfit then they might have something to cry about. Until they are, and hey it's been a while, let Bennett and co do what they what think is best to win one.

A few of the players have their noses out of joint that we are looking (and buying) at other talent do they? Oh, boo effing hoo!

I have my nose out of joint we haven't won a premiership in 10 seasons...

If our playing group had actually achieved these things as a group, perhaps we wouldn't have to look elsewhere for talent...

I feel for the senior blokes who've taken unders to build a team, only to see Bird get offered more than what they are on though accomplishing less.
The senior blokes came through at a different time with less money around..that's just reality there's More money now. I'm sure all those seniors are well looked after.

If blokes have a problem with playing footy with quality players on their team rather than the opposition's, then they need their heads read.

from what im hearing the jack bird deal hasnt gone down well with a few of the players and also some of the senior lads as well, hence the delay in milford committing.
we have already lost our best junior (imo) in recent weeks and now in danger of losing milford as well

I think the players are reading too much into the Jack Bird deal. I don't think we paid a mill for him.

The biggest problem is that the Broncos cannot disclose the contracts amounts to the other players either.
They may have some better information than most of us, but won't be immune to all the media bullshit either...

If you are happy with what you are getting and signed a contract agreeing to that amount then it should not worry you what someone else is getting, nor is it any of your business.

Rubbish... No matter what job you work, if the new guy comes into your workplace with the same role, responsibilities and similar skillset but gets a much higher wage (though you've been loyal for years), would you be thinking that's all fair?

No, but that's life. I have worked in places where I would get 3x the work done as some of the other people, but at the end of the week we all took home the exact same pay. It's not fair, but life rarely is.

I don't think we need to get Taylor back tbh especially if we pay overs for him. If Milford does resign we have a good attacking spine.
1.Boyd
6.Bird
7.Milford
9.Macca
If we sign Taylor either Boyd or Bird has to move into the centres and we will be paying overs for a centre. Even if we move Bird to lock that's still going to be massive cap space on 4 players.

If you are happy with what you are getting and signed a contract agreeing to that amount then it should not worry you what someone else is getting, nor is it any of your business.
So, you'd be happy to take $50K for a job that is rated at $80K in the job market?

It's indeed none of my business, and in most jobs, you won't know what everyone else earns. That's not the case for high profile athletes in RL or other codes though, and although the media will often inflate the numbers, it certainly plays a major role in contract negotiations.

If I found out a newly recruited guy with similar skills to mine was getting paid way more than me, you bet I would have a chat with my boss, although I wouldn't have the same power as during new contract negotiations, especially if I know how unmissable I am...

So, you'd be happy to take $50K for a job that is rated at $80K in the job market?

It's indeed none of my business, and in most jobs, you won't know what everyone else earns. That's not the case for high profile athletes in RL or other codes though, and although the media will often inflate the numbers, it certainly plays a major role in contract negotiations.

If I found out a newly recruited guy with similar skills to mine was getting paid way more than me, you bet I would have a chat with my boss, although I wouldn't have the same power as during new contract negotiations, especially if I know how unmissable I am...

No I wouldn't sign on the dotted line in the first place if I thought I was getting short changed. They obviously signed up thinking it was good value, they wouldn't have signed if they thought it was bad value. Why should what someone else is getting change that?

Wonder what blokes like Wally Lewis must think of how much blokes like DCE are getting paid these days.

I agree for the most part, but at what point does it become irrelevant.

$50k to $80k, well, if I could earn $30k more a year it would literally be lifechanging at the moment.

$900k to $1 mill, or even $1.2 mill, he's not going to even notice that for now. My bet is that he'll pay off his family home, buy himself a nice humble home himself, spend a bit making his family more comfortable week-to-week, and if his financial adviser and manager are doing their jobs the vast majority will be invested or diverted in order to immediate minimise tax. He arguably won't be seeing that money until long after he's retired from the game, and for someone family-orientated like that will he give a shit so long as he and his family are comfortable?

No I wouldn't sign on the dotted line in the first place if I thought I was getting short changed. They obviously signed up thinking it was good value, they wouldn't have signed if they thought it was bad value. Why should what someone else is getting change that?

Wonder what blokes like Wally Lewis must think of how much blokes like DCE are getting paid these days.
Well, isn't that bold part exactly what we're talking about?

Not sure how the rest of your post is relevant to the current situation?

now we spent a mil a year for our 5/8 how much should they spend for a new halfback

I agree for the most part, but at what point does it become irrelevant.

$50k to $80k, well, if I could earn $30k more a year it would literally be lifechanging at the moment.

$900k to $1 mill, or even $1.2 mill, he's not going to even notice that for now. My bet is that he'll pay off his family home, buy himself a nice humble home himself, spend a bit making his family more comfortable week-to-week, and if his financial adviser and manager are doing their jobs the vast majority will be invested or diverted in order to immediate minimise tax. He arguably won't be seeing that money until long after he's retired from the game, and for someone family-orientated like that will he give a shit so long as he and his family are comfortable?
The question is how much is staying in Brisbane at the Broncos and near your family worth to you?
In this case, we'd be talking about $1.2M in total... that's a massive amount of money in a profession that can quickly spit you out, especially if you have little to no other skills!

Rubbish... No matter what job you work, if the new guy comes into your workplace with the same role, responsibilities and similar skillset but gets a much higher wage (though you've been loyal for years), would you be thinking that's all fair?
Sure, but we're talking about someone earning 700k and someone looking to earn 800k - at that level, I would think other considerations such as the successful pursuit of individual or team goals, career development, culture and workplace demeanour and or being settled in a particular area would come into play.

There will always be people that are solely money driven, good luck to them, but clubs shouldn't hold themselves to ransom over those players. Generally speaking those that value money over everything else don't achieve a lot in their career, which dents their future earning capacity a bit.

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • Jazza
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • MrRobot
  • Scorchie
  • Harry Sack
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Spooky1013
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosarethebest
  • barker
  • Browny
  • Tim K
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wolfie
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mustafur
  • Waynesaurus
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.