Our Players Are Unhappy

I don't think it's a coincidence that we look much better in attack when our forwards bend the line & there's passing before the defensive line. Thaiday, was epic tonight. Certainly gave no indication he was unhappy (except some referee decisions!)

Yeah, I think big props (pun intended) need to go to thaiday. I have been very critical of him lately but last night he was inspirational. Lead from the front and had his best game in a long time. For mine, thaiday looks like he has found out the kind of captain he is, worry about his own game and the rest will follow. Loved the way he took it too the refs yet held back enough not to get penalized etc.

I have also given the refs a lot of credit this season but they were rubbish last night, just completely oblivious to the storms cheating tactics

Thaiday belongs in the back row, but then maybe not until our halves learn how to use our wealth of back row talent which is currently being wasted big time

Thaiday belongs in the back row, but then maybe not until our halves learn how to use our wealth of back row talent which is currently being wasted big time

Definitely. He's a wide-running second rower, NOT a prop. With Stagg's injury, and (hopefully) McGuire back shortly, I hope Thaiday gets shifted back to second row where he belongs. Sure, our bench/fringe props aren't Matt Scotts or anything but the experience won't hurt them! I think they'd do alright. Sanderson had a cracker on Friday night, great to see.

Definitely. He's a wide-running second rower, NOT a prop. With Stagg's injury, and (hopefully) McGuire back shortly, I hope Thaiday gets shifted back to second row where he belongs. Sure, our bench/fringe props aren't Matt Scotts or anything but the experience won't hurt them! I think they'd do alright. Sanderson had a cracker on Friday night, great to see.

Well said. Was really impressed by Sanderson had a great game. He is never going to set the world on fire but at his best he can be a pretty honest prop and an asset to us

Playing with Stats for second, Run/Metres gained wise Anderson was right up there with Thaiday/Hannant.

Anderson is only 24-25 so he will start getting into his prime now. He has played well this season. He has bulked up which will help him gain metres.

Don't rate Anderson, never have and I don't think I ever will. On his best, he's average. Hopefully if we keep him we will downgrade his contract whenever it's due that is. Hannant had a strong start last year but faded out. He's just too inconsistent to be on the money he is. Very over-rated, but still an asset to the team, don't get me wrong.

I think Anderson is unfairly written off by many. He's not flash. He's not a pack leader. But he has the potential to be a solid metre eater and defender, so I don't see why we don't use him.

Hannant I tend to agree. He can be great. He can be awful. I honestly think he carries too much condition. I think he could be more effective if he trimmed down a touch.

I think Anderson is unfairly written off by many. He's not flash. He's not a pack leader. But he has the potential to be a solid metre eater and defender, so I don't see why we don't use him.

seems the case and i agree with this. unfortunately he's come up with a few errors at bad times which i think has him on the wrong side of many peoples opinions.

think he's still getting better at least.

Being off contract does wonders to players form, Friday was Anderson's best game since his debut.

Hannant I tend to agree. He can be great. He can be awful. I honestly think he carries too much condition. I think he could be more effective if he trimmed down a touch.

think you mean he's not well enough conditioned (ie not lean enough) ? ;-)

I agree, to me he always looks out of puff, hands on hips and a step or two off the pace once a game is up and running ...

Being off contract does wonders to players form, Friday was Anderson's best game since his debut.

interesting how Anderson (and a lot of supposedly average 'journeyman' types) was able to play a role in that terrific (albeit 'juiced' ) Melbourne Storm side from 2007-2009 ... think it illustrates just how much excellent coaching can get out of a player / playing group ...

seems the case and i agree with this. unfortunately he's come up with a few errors at bad times which i think has him on the wrong side of many peoples opinions.

think he's still getting better at least.

Absolutely. But I've noticed those silly errors seem to have left his game in his more recent efforts. It's a shame 2012 was so injury riddled for him, because there were signs he was coming good. I hope he manages to stay fit and continues his improvement this year. I think he could become a valued member of the top 17.

We really need a 3rd quality prop to back up Hannant and McGuire. I was very impressed with Anderson on Friday, hopefully he and/or Dodds can kick on and become consistently good.

We really need a 3rd quality prop to back up Hannant and McGuire. I was very impressed with Anderson on Friday, hopefully he and/or Dodds can kick on and become consistently good.

Hannant and McGuire need to step up their consistency too IMO.

Hannant and McGuire need to step up their consistency too IMO.

It's probably difficult to settle in when you are starting one week and on the bench the next.

Unread

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • Horseheadsup
  • Astro
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Broncos Maestro
  • mitch222
  • broncoscope
  • Browny
  • KateBroncos1812
  • RolledOates
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncsgoat
  • Justwin
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Kev_Guz
  • Jazza
  • cento
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.