Our realistic chances?

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
Love the post/mid-season BroncoHQ doom rant. It happens every year. I think it might be winter settling in.

The thing that I think is different to other years is that the broncos aren't in a slump as such, it's that they don't have the team to win the comp imo. They have some great players in the team, and can grind out wins, but the players in the positions that really matter (9,1 and especially 6 and 7), just don't have the skills or experience at the moment to produce that little bit extra required for finals footy. They are missing that Lockyer type player who can pull of the big plays when needed.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Moral of the story is

NEVER WRITE THE BRONCOS OFF

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I can't see us winning another game this season. Injuries are hitting us hard and our halves have no idea at the moment. Our coach is hopeless and our recruitment for next season has been poor. Dark days ahead for the Broncos.

Broncos1995

Broncos1995

BRL Player
Mar 15, 2012
I will admit i've got a weird feeling Anthony Griffin won't last at the broncos, While Griffin is no Henjak he's made some dud decisions. I've got a weird feeling he'll get sacked and Craig Bellamy will coach us (No Joke).

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I can't see us winning another game this season. Injuries are hitting us hard and our halves have no idea at the moment. Our coach is hopeless and our recruitment for next season has been poor. Dark days ahead for the Broncos.

Your kidding right???? our coach is hopeless??? this kind of post is just retarded, go support the eels

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I will admit i've got a weird feeling Anthony Griffin won't last at the broncos, While Griffin is no Henjak he's made some dud decisions. I've got a weird feeling he'll get sacked and Craig Bellamy will coach us (No Joke).

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
sarcasm-has-no-limits.jpg

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
fishing? thought eels would like strippers more. throw alot of cash at something, that wont get you off (the bottom of the ladder)

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
They are missing that Lockyer type player who can pull of the big plays when needed.

Load of rubbish.

Most other teams, most of the time don't have the luxury of a future immortal leading them around the park but still win premierships.

Who filled that role for St George in 2010 or Manly in 2008 or 2011 when they won the premiership? You can't say Soward, Hornby, DCE, Matt Orford or Liam Foran are in the class of Lockyer. In that bunch maybe you'd say perhaps DCE>Norman or Wallace but the rest are at the same level, if not less than Norman or Wallace.

Got nothing to do with Lockyer.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Load of rubbish.

Most other teams, most of the time don't have the luxury of a future immortal leading them around the park but still win premierships.

Who filled that role for St George in 2010 or Manly in 2008 or 2011 when they won the premiership? You can't say Soward, Hornby, DCE, Matt Orford or Liam Foran are in the class of Lockyer. In that bunch maybe you'd say perhaps DCE>Norman or Wallace but the rest are at the same level, if not less than Norman or Wallace.

Got nothing to do with Lockyer.

I'd take Soward over Norman and it was Keiran Foran, not Liam and I'd definitely take Keiran over Norman.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
foran, orford and soward are better than wallace and norman.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
I'd take Soward over Norman and it was Keiran Foran, not Liam and I'd definitely take Keiran over Norman.

foran, orford and soward are better than wallace and norman.

My reply was in response to the comment that we can't win a premiership without a player like Lockyer.

On the whole, Soward/Hornby are not really that much better than Wallace/Norman and the Dragons were capable of a premiership with those halves.

And none of those sides had the Qld State of Origin forward pack starting for them.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Norman at the moment is incapable of creating something. He doesn't read the play at all. He either seems random, or simply executing what he was told to do at training without actually looking at what's in front of him. He's poor.

I don't overly rate Orford, Hornby, Foran or Soward as playmakers (at least one of them is too subtle for my liking), but they are all superior at reading the play than Norman is now.

There have been some occasions where Norman has played what's in front of him and done well, but very few this season. I see nothing to suggest Norman is capable of being a premiership winning five-eighth at this stage of his career.

Note: in all statements about Norman I'm talking about NOW, this season, what he's shown to this point. I'm NOT saying he can't develop those abilities.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I just don't understand why we can't have someone running off our halves. TBH our team play has been shocking. Norman gets the ball everyone is flat footed and Norman ends up running it himself. Same goes with Wallace. The only play the do consistently is that inside ball to Hoffman. It is bollocks IMO. This is 90% what we are doing at training and 10% talent.

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
My reply was in response to the comment that we can't win a premiership without a player like Lockyer.

I'm not saying we can't win without Lockyer, it's just that for too long the broncos could rely on Lockyer to produce those type of match winning plays that finals require that noone else had to step up to the plate, and now that he's gone, no-one has stepped up to the plate to take control of games. Wallace has the occasional game where he shows the skills, but too inconsistent for mine.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I'm glad alot of people on here 'support' the broncos, imagine if you 'supported' parra or some other useless side. The broncs have had a few poor games (like they always do after origin) and we are hearing everything from get rid of hoffman, wallace, norman, macca, the guy that runs the oranges, security guards and stadium cleaners to Hook is rubbish get rid of him. The sky isn't falling and we are in a much better place than anyone could have imagined the first year post locky. If some of you went for parra you would have necked yourself long ago.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
get alfie off the field. he is confusing the halves. just let them play footy for a couple of games and see what happens.

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Skyblues87
  • Harry Sack
  • JamesC
  • Painin the Haas
  • Aldo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.