Parker and Slater MAY miss Origin 3 - who to move where?

Taylor had a good game tonight, probably stung by the criticism. He ran as hard as I've seen him.

Taylor had a good game tonight, probably stung by the criticism. He ran as hard as I've seen him.

He plays like a man obsessed every week for souths tho, then pulls on the maroons jersey and turns into a big softie

I agree but as I've said I don't see the point in picking a player because of what he does in the NRL then expect him to perform differently at a higher level. Play him the way he does his best, not in a manner which is known he doesn't like or pick someone else.

I think if Taylor stop complaining about where he plays (even if it's to himself), toughens up and just runs hard and full of aggression and show the team he's actually got balls, he'll soon probably find himself with a starting spot and will get to play the way he wants. At the moment, no one has really seen him stand up in Origin, and everyone probably still has doubts over his toughness. He needs to prove them wrong before they'll start believing in him.

I think if Taylor stop complaining about where he plays (even if it's to himself), toughens up and just runs hard and full of aggression and show the team he's actually got balls, he'll soon probably find himself with a starting spot and will get to play the way he wants. At the moment, no one has really seen him stand up in Origin, and everyone probably still has doubts over his toughness. He needs to prove them wrong before they'll start believing in him.

I didn't know Taylor was complaining about where he plays. What I do know is that most of the time, Taylor was swamped by defenders seconds after he got the ball. I also think it was pretty much the same with Inglis.

For mine, NSW obviously identified both as key threats and therefore spotted both. The NSW defensive line speed was excellent, and their commitment not to drop off tackles was equally obvious.

Given that the NSW game plan involves giving Thurston and Cronk as little room and time to move as possible, it seems to me that Inglis must go to FB where at least he has a lot more room to move than at centre, and like Slater, he will also play as an extra play maker when he come up into the line.

In fact, in some ways, I prefer Inglis at the back to Slater.

As for Taylor, he needs to position himself better, and I reckon with Inglis up front, both he and Taylor will be very dangerous in their red zone.

I also agree with dropping Gillett. His defence needs a lot of work. My preference would be to bring in say Johnson or at a pinch, T'eo

Taylor acts like a spoilt little shit sometimes. He'd complain about being in the team and playing out of position while there were little wingers in the squad who'd play in the front row if they were asked to.

As I said before - all the QLD coaching team (or media) have to do is put the blow torch on him a touch, make his position feel like it's in question and he will play like a mad man for QLD like he did when he first came in (when he was getting questioned about fitness etc). Publish these comments in the Courier Mail!

Talks of Kasiano coming in for Taylor... Not really sure that would be the best move. 3 props on the bench is too many IMO.

Talks of Kasiano coming in for Taylor... Not really sure that would be the best move. 3 props on the bench is too many IMO.

Kind of depends though. If we insist on using Taylor up the middle, then we are still using that 3rd guy as a prop. In which case, it might as well actually be a prop.

Kind of depends though. If we insist on using Taylor up the middle, then we are still using that 3rd guy as a prop. In which case, it might as well actually be a prop.

I wouldn't have thought making our side bigger and slower will help our cause

Using Taylor up the middle is the single most stupid thing to do. Bennett was the first to discover that, and Michael Maguire knows exactly how to use Taylor. If he's not running wide, he shouldn't be in the team.

Did GI get injured the other night? Or was I seeing things on FB

Injured a medial ligament in his elbow fairly early in the game, had it strapped up and finished the game really well. He might miss next week but origin is ok.

Injured a medial ligament in his elbow fairly early in the game, had it strapped up and finished the game really well. He might miss next week but origin is ok.

Yes, let us hope he misses next week

Does anyone think Matt Bowen will get a recall?. I'll be suprised if he does.

It's doubtful. Barba was the 18th man, so if anyone new comes in to play fullback, it'll probably be him.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • davidp
  • Tim K
  • Battler
  • Justwin
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  • Brocko
  • broncsgoat
  • MrMoore
  • ell.d33
  • lakers133334
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Dash
  • Old Mate
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.