Passion factor a myth

The Rock said:
Why would David Taylor be jerking off over our hopeless faces?

Guess he saw you in the Wickham and thought you'd be into that.

The only reason why Billy Moore was passionate about QLD was beacuse it was the only chance he had at winning something. Only a very small handful of players from the North Sydney Bears can say they won something, so it was easy that Billy boy was passionate over a comp involving 2 teams.

Then why weren't any of the Blues Bears as passionate as him?

The only reason why Billy Moore was passionate about QLD was beacuse it was the only chance he had at winning something. Only a very small handful of players from the North Sydney Bears can say they won something, so it was easy that Billy boy was passionate over a comp involving 2 teams.

were you even alive when the North Sydney Bears were in the ARL/NRL?

I have this joke that the reason why Billy Moore was so passionate about QLD was because it was the only chance he had at winning something. Not many players who played for North Sydney could say that they lifted a premiership trophy aloft.

Bi-Winning?

I really don't think it's reasonable for you to claim you know why Billy Moore was passionate about QLD

You don't know him, he hasn't confided in you

Bottom line, you are making it up

The Bears had a pretty good team in the mid-late 90's. Made the finals every year from about '94 until they were kicked out if I recall correctly. They knocked the Broncos out of the comp in that heartbreaker of '94 as well. That game is my earliest memory of being depressed after a football game. My parents told me I thought we'd lost the GF, I was 8 years old at the time, and I had more passion back then than Rocky does, and still do.

I think some people confused passion with mindless dribbling.

were you even alive when the North Sydney Bears were in the ARL/NRL?

Yes and my dad had a liking towards them. Would like to see them back it sure would get some history and tradition back in the game. 3 foundation clubs. There future looked safe in the late 90's but by 1999 they were financialy bankrupt and the only way to survive was merging with Manly.

And yo don't know any Blues players so it's not reasonable for you to claim that they aren't passionate about NSW. You don't know them, so you're just making it up.

Surely knocking back a spot as 18th man is a perfect example of playing for personal pride rather passion.

Surely knocking back a spot as 18th man is a perfect example of playing for personal pride rather passion.

It is true to a degree. If Mal came to any QLDer and said "I want you as 18th man" they would jump at the chance. You get a dickhead like Watmough who has a hissy fit because he wasn't selected originally. The probably is Ricky is sticking to players he has already worked with and well some can't drop the ego. Seems to very much be a Manly thing though.

Just a terrible club. No wonder everyone hates Womanly.

But really I don't understand why they would. You get paid something like 15k for an origin game, over a series that's like 45k (lets say 25k after tax). That's pretty awesome money for a few hours of football and training that you would be doing anyway at club level.

Heard on the radio it's $20k, and players are pushing for it to be $50k with the new deal.

Heard on the radio it's $20k, and players are pushing for it to be $50k with the new deal.

IIRC reading the agreements you get paid like 5k more for being the winning team (hehe NSW players). But really that's 60 freaking thousand dollars that a **** like Lyon misses out on for refusing to play origin.

I mean you'd have to be VERY unpassionate to knock back 60k because you don't want to play for NSW.

Unread

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.