Passion factor a myth

And yo don't know any Blues players so it's not reasonable for you to claim that they aren't passionate about NSW. You don't know them, so you're just making it up.

WTF Rock?

It's not reasonable for me to claim NSW players are not passionate coz I don't know them?

Exactly when did I say they were not passionate? I have not made such a claim. You are confusing me with someone else.

Meanwhile, back on planet reality, my post is absolutely spot on and your attempt to deflect it has failed

Broncoman is making sh!t up about Billy Moore and posting it as fact

That's bad form in my book

Broncoman is making sh!t up about Billy Moore and posting it as fact

That's bad form in my book

I think broncoman was attempting to make a joke about Billy (which wasn't even that funny the first time). I don't think he was trying to pass it off as fact.

p.s - I loved it when you called "QUEENSLANDER" that time in the tunnel.

Not you personally I suppose, but anyone else who suggests that they don't have passion. Maybe you can educate your fellow Queenslander and let them know that you can't judge players unless you know them, just like Broncoman judging Billy Moore.
To state that certain players (like the Manly kents) have little to no passion about NSW, when that's exactly what they show through their public actions and words, is very different from BM's statement that Billy Moore's passion was due to this and that, without knowing the man. Nice try though...

My comment about Billy Moore was intended as a joke, but still barely anyone that played for Norths won anything.

Yes and my dad had a liking towards them. Would like to see them back it sure would get some history and tradition back in the game. 3 foundation clubs. There future looked safe in the late 90's but by 1999 they were financialy bankrupt and the only way to survive was merging with Manly.

iirc youre 15, right? the bears were kicked out of the comp after the 1999 season. being 15 (as i think i remember you saying you were), you were born in either 97 or 96.....so you were, at the most, 3 years old when they played their last game. its safe to say you dont really get a say in how good/bad North Sydney were.

and as someone pointed out, North Sydney were actually one of the top teams for a few years there. sure they didnt win any premierships, but that doesnt mean they werent a good team. like jeb said, that match where they knocked the broncos out in the finals is one of the earliest footy memories i have of being absolutely gutted after a loss. we were the defending premiers, having won the last 2 premierships in a row. they mustve been a decent side to beat us. just because they didnt win the premiership doesnt mean they werent a good team. melbourne were by FAR the best team in the comp for like 28 weeks last year, yet they lost. same with parramatta in 01, melbourne in 06, etc.

in conclusion, stop pretending to be a wise old knowledgeable footy historian when you werent even old enough to remember the competition before it was called the NRL.

Heard on the radio it's $20k, and players are pushing for it to be $50k with the new deal.

yep its $20k: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...-origin-pay-rise/story-fnca0von-1226360669957

"Origin payments climbed from $12,500 to $20,000 and international tournament winner's cheques went from $20,000 to $25,000 when the Rugby League Players Association and the NRL announced rises in late 2010."

Last edited:
The dribble in this thread just made my morning. Thanks for the laugh Rock!

Btw, where are all these people in origin jerseys walking around Sydney??? I saw 2 on the weekend, a father and son. That's it.

Like I said, I didn't know any better when I was 4 years old. I knew them as the Broncos. Don't compare me Supporting a Brisbane team to you supporting QLD JUST because you support the Broncos.

Considering Origin is NSW VS QLD (STATE VS STATE) I'd be very surprised if you had no idea what that actually meant. It's a piss poor excuse and you should be absolutely ashamed of yourself.

I found it hard as a kid to cheer against a team that had 8 or so Bronco players (back then), exactly like you said - I didn't know any better. I was just rooting for the players I loved as a kid. But once you give your heart to a team as a kid, it grows on you and it becomes the team you barrack passionately. Practically impossible to support the other team after that... especially in something like this. Am I meant to just jump teams? That is ridiculous.

It's just like how kids went for Canberra back in the day and are still die-hard Canberra supporters. LA Lakers fans, Liverpool fans etc. Have they ever been there? Live there? No. Still as passionate as the supporters that do. IMO.

Furthermore, I supported them when we are getting our arses kicked and my hate for the blues grew. Chain effect. I can never go for the blues.

I know where you are coming from, especially since it is 'origin' but actually I was in Brisbane (when my fam first immigrated when I was 2) and was there for a few months before I moved to Sydney. Doesn't mean shit. I consider Sydney home, grew up in the heart of Canterbury and personally don't feel any personal connection with Brisbane (the city). So going by your definition I should be going for QLD anyway, since it is 'origin' right? but I don't go for QLD for that reason. Or am I not allowed to go for anyone because I wasn't born here?

My point is - you go for who your heart goes for... surely you can't deny a man that.

Tamou is a good example... He said himself his heart is with NZ but he played for AUS... That is different. Not a fan of that.
Where as someone like Mason was born in NZ (and came here when he was 5 or something) and grew up in Newcastle and represented NSW and Australia... because that is where his heart was. All good.

I found it hard as a kid to cheer against a team that had 8 or so Bronco players (back then), exactly like you said - I didn't know any better. I was just rooting for the players I loved as a kid. But once you give your heart to a team as a kid, it grows on you and it becomes the team you barrack passionately. Practically impossible to support the other team after that... especially in something like this. Am I meant to just jump teams? That is ridiculous.

It's just like how kids went for Canberra back in the day and are still die-hard Canberra supporters. LA Lakers fans, Liverpool fans etc. Have they ever been there? Live there? No. Still as passionate as the supporters that do. IMO.

Furthermore, I supported them when we are getting our arses kicked and my hate for the blues grew. Chain effect. I can never go for the blues.

:respect:

Been trying to tell people this for ages, but everyone's too thick to understand. You can't change how you feel in your heart!

Hey guys, joined up today and have been trawling the site all day at work.

The only thing I can think of, is wow, that Rocky guy is an absolute f*&%kwit.

This was sent to me by a Blues supporter.

NSW

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Brocko
  • Galah
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • Browny
  • Dash
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.